October 1, 2014 | 1778 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Sexy Curves Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by cSquaredFactotum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i remember using my friend's sexy curves mascara (i know, i shouldn't share mascara. bad me) several months ago because she for some reason liked it, and i HATE it. i put it on, just one coat, and dare i say it: i BLINKED and the formula was all over my under eye and cheek and everywhere it shouldn't be! and then, once it did dry, it was very difficult to get off! stay away from this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by sumansaran

I'm surprised by the consistently bad reviews this products gets and felt compelled to defend it. This happens to work rather well for me. The formula is not too thick or thin and I rarely get clumps with this. The brush is on the thinner side, which I prefer for getting all the little lashes and for more than 1 coat. Definitely gives more length than volume, and although I would prefer the volume, I still like the overall look because it's not too dramatic. It's sort of my drugstore answer to Korres' Abyssinia Oil Mascara, which I really love, but is too pricey for me. My expectations of mascara are minimal and I don't really buy into all the crazy claims, so it's ability to produce sexy "curves" is not an issue for me (my lashes are curvy to begin with). I have very oily, watery eyes and the waterproof formula stands up to that. I have used this in rotation with CoverGirl Lash Blast and Maybelline's Colossal Volume (both waterproof) and I actually prefer this over those two, especially for more low-key makeup and ease-of-use. Would repurchase, and plan on doing it rather soon!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by spunkie788

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I usually don't throw away makeup products without trying to finish them up, even if I dislike them...but I HATED this mascara so much, I just had to toss it ASAP. Like reviewers have said before, it's a terrible formula that actually weighs down my lashes and undoes all the curl from my Shu Uemura eyelash curler. It builds no volume, no curl, makes my lashes look spidery, and the only reason I gave it one lippie is because it has decent waterproof staying power. Don't be sold by the pretty packaging, this mascara is a serious FAIL!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by haleyhenry2011

Ohmygosh, I thought I was the only one who didn't like it. I absolutely hated this mascara but I've learned that you have to be REALLY patient because the formula takes FOREVER TO DRY and for decent okay results you have to put on one coat wait for it to dry and repeat the process til you get however much you want on. I figured this would be a good mascara after reading a lot of good reviews about this mascara but I was not impressed. I would not buy this mascara again but I will continue using it until it's gone. The brush is good to get lower lashes or in the corners but I've also learned that I've had to use my lash comb much more often when using it. It may work for some people just not for me :\

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Pilipala

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I threw away this mascara after about 5 uses - I tried to like it, I really did! I heard so many good things about the regular Sexy Curves but this must be a totally different formula. It lengthened OK but no volume. Sucked the curl right out of my lashes. And it never dries! Seriously, even if you didn't blink for 20 minutes this would still be wet. Totally unusable waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by danceinthedark4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was pretty excited to purchase this mascara because it had been featured in a magazine I read a few times, and on the model it looked pretty nice. This mascara is definately the WORST I had ever tried. Maybe because I got it in waterproof, I don't know, but it just got on my nerves soo much. The mascara/liquid itself was very wet and not very good quality. Im not sure if it, or the brush was the bad guy here, maybe it was both. I will NOT use up the rest. I think I'm just going to wash the brush and use it as an eyelash brush and see how it goes.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by GeorgiasMakeUpAddiction

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this after hearing good reviews. I enjoyed using this while I was using it everyday a few months ago (if that makes sense) but compared to other mascaras I've used it doesn't give me enough volume.
I already have long eyelashes and this mascara made them look natural and held a curl well but didn't make them much longer or stand out.
I don't know if this is just the waterproof version but I HATED how long it took for this to dry and it is the worst mascara I've used for messing up my make-up. I would have to wait till after I used this to do my under-eye concealer because every time it would smudge onto my skin. Seriously any more than a light blink would make this wet formula transfer all over my eyes meaning I'd have to clean it up and redo whatever it had ruined.
I could get over the wet formula and long drying time if it gave good overall results but it doesn't. The effects would be good for someone who doesn't like clumpy or long spidery lashes but the formula makes it so messy it just wouldn't be worth buying!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by carolinecaz

This is a pretty average mascara, it doesn't lengthen a great deal or add much volume. The brush is a really weird design and it's more of a gimmick in my opinion rather having an actual purpose...it takes some getting use to. I really only use the first part of the brush anyway, because if you use the entire brush you end up with a really horrible and uneven distribution of the product. The only reason I would buy this again is that once you learn to use the brush, it gives quite a natural look which is perfect for an everyday daytime, non-dramatic look. It comes off pretty easily i.e. Most of it comes off in the shower and I only need to take off the smudged residue afterwards with eyemakeup remover. It has pretty good lasting power (and despite coming off in the shower, it is tear/streak proof...I was watching a sad movie lol) and doesn't flake. I don't think many people are like me, but I'd recommend this if you're looking for a very natural look and are wanting to only slightly enhance your lashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2010 8:55:00 AM More reviews by kemingj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Quite disappointing, mascara texture is rather hard and difficult to apply on to eyelashes, smudges easily after a while in the sun, no significant curling and lengthening effects. Only positive point is that the wand is well designed.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2010 8:21:00 AM More reviews by SophieChauvin

its so hard to say if i like or dislike this mascara! i hate it because it is gloopy and because of the balls on the wand, the product is not evenly distributed. and i hav to curl my lashes, apply mascara then lengthen my lashes with my finger, then curl, then lengthen etc for ages. it takes me about 10 minutes, but once i have got it to its most lengthened and curled state, the mascara looks pretty good and the curl lasts all day, even when i have pe at school :)