Bare Escentuals Flawless Definition mascara

3.8

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Stearic Acid, Diisostearoyl Trimethylpropane SiloxySilicate, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Ozokerite, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Rhodochrosite Extract, Malachite Extract, Smithsonite Extract, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. ( /-):Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

It works decently, but it stung and irritated my eyes horribly every time I used it. The formula is nothing amazing and those with sensitive eyes might want to pass on this.

on 12/2/2010 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is in my daily rotation of mascara's. I like it, it doesn't flake, the brush is interesting, and it really separates my lashes. You do have to put on a couple coats for it to make an impact, which is kind of a pain if you're trying to get out the door in the morning. That's really my only complaint, and that's not enough for me to stop using the product.

on 11/25/2010 8:03:00 AM

i received a sample of this mascara as a free gift in store, and the lady said this was her favorite mascara. it is quickly becoming mine too. i usually wear lash blast but have been looking for something new since LB flakes horribly and irritates my eyes. this stuff, not at all. it makes my eyelashes look so plump and dark and they do not flake at all. does not bother my eyes and is awesome. the formula is perfect. i really like the size of the small tube0 it is very easy to apply. i will not try any new ones after this- this stuff is perfect for me (too bad it is expensive but at least you know it works). the only down side is that it does not seem to hold a curl well, then again i cant find anything that works for me in that area. for the record- my eyelashes are dark and long but thin.

on 11/18/2010 8:24:00 AM

Ugh. Saw this in a review - recommended it be worn under the volumizer in the same brand. Nothing. Hardly any effect at all on my lashes. Prior to this I was using Cover Girl Lash Blash and MAC Zoom Last and liked the effect - but always being on the look out for something new and better for my less that stellar lashes I bought both the defining version of this and the volumizing version of it to pair together. On me - worthless. Taking them back to Sephora this week. May well work for others, just not me. I would recommend trying samples before purchasing since they are $18 each.

I received this as a free sample from Sephora as many others did. I have to say I was a BIG MUFE Smoky Lash lover but this has changed my mind! This is a very black mascara. It's volumizing and far more lengthening than MUFE Smoky Lash. And it does last throughout the day for the most part. I say if you're going after a "natural" look, don't bother with this. I look like I'm wearing falsies with this. I love this and I would probably purchase a full size version.

(For the record my lashes are naturally curly and fairly long. They're not very thick and are sort of dark but not especially.)

on 11/16/2010 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just received this mascara as a beauty insider deluxe sample at sephora and after trying it today i think its okay. it definitely does "flawlessly" define and lengthen my lashes, and i think it would work great for people with naturally curled lashes. but for my stick straight asian lashes, the brush applicator just combs the curl out of my lashes, leaving them only slightly curled after i've used my favorite shu uemera lash curler (which delivers great results), and by the end of the day, barely curled. it seems like only waterproof mascaras hold the curls ALL DAY without budging. so for days when i don't want dramatic, falsies-like lashes, but pretty, defined, lengthened, clump-free lashes (while still holding the curl), i'll stick to my cover girl lash exact (waterproof formula), it gives amazingggg results for a fraction of the price!

on 11/14/2010 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My sister has a sample of this and I was curious about the quality so I thought I should try it out. You have to wipe the brush off on a towel 3-4 times to get rid of all the extra formula that sticks to the brush before you use it or it will clump up your lashes so badly. After you wipe the brush off it actually works pretty well. There's volume and length. I would compare the results to Lash Blast which is my HG but I like Lash Blast better. I wouldn't probably buy a full size of this since it's 18 dollars and there's better mascaras for cheaper but it isn't bad and I would use a sample size.

on 11/12/2010 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Simple formula, simple brush and simple effect. This mascara gives nice natural look to your lashes. Yes, it provides some volume but very subtle. Two layers will give you perfect definition without clumping.
If you like natural look this mascara is for you. If you look for real volumizing try something else.

on 11/3/2010 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I know I'm reviewing the same mascara as everyone else here but I'm surprised that my experience was so different. My product was so dry that I could hardly apply it. When I did apply a coat, it was whisper thin. I applied again, still thin. Third coat, starting to see some coverage but by then my lashes were hard and crunchy.

on 11/1/2010 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is great mascara- it definitely volumizes, can be layered over itself without clumping, and is a good consistency- feels neither too dry nor too watery.

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products