April 16, 2014 | 2017 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - Flawless Definition mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by bliss524

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I just received this mascara as a beauty insider deluxe sample at sephora and after trying it today i think its okay. it definitely does "flawlessly" define and lengthen my lashes, and i think it would work great for people with naturally curled lashes. but for my stick straight asian lashes, the brush applicator just combs the curl out of my lashes, leaving them only slightly curled after i've used my favorite shu uemera lash curler (which delivers great results), and by the end of the day, barely curled. it seems like only waterproof mascaras hold the curls ALL DAY without budging. so for days when i don't want dramatic, falsies-like lashes, but pretty, defined, lengthened, clump-free lashes (while still holding the curl), i'll stick to my cover girl lash exact (waterproof formula), it gives amazingggg results for a fraction of the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by clairebear12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My sister has a sample of this and I was curious about the quality so I thought I should try it out. You have to wipe the brush off on a towel 3-4 times to get rid of all the extra formula that sticks to the brush before you use it or it will clump up your lashes so badly. After you wipe the brush off it actually works pretty well. There's volume and length. I would compare the results to Lash Blast which is my HG but I like Lash Blast better. I wouldn't probably buy a full size of this since it's 18 dollars and there's better mascaras for cheaper but it isn't bad and I would use a sample size.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2010 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Emilek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Simple formula, simple brush and simple effect. This mascara gives nice natural look to your lashes. Yes, it provides some volume but very subtle. Two layers will give you perfect definition without clumping.
If you like natural look this mascara is for you. If you look for real volumizing try something else.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 6:46:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I know I'm reviewing the same mascara as everyone else here but I'm surprised that my experience was so different. My product was so dry that I could hardly apply it. When I did apply a coat, it was whisper thin. I applied again, still thin. Third coat, starting to see some coverage but by then my lashes were hard and crunchy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is great mascara- it definitely volumizes, can be layered over itself without clumping, and is a good consistency- feels neither too dry nor too watery.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by LYL513

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first, I had a love/hate session with this, because, as I have sparse asian lashes, I tend to od on the layering (5+ coats). My lashes would look slightly clumpy, dry out, and at least 1 would fall out at the end of the day. but after i cut back on the layers, I realized this looks best 2-3 coats best after curling. It defines perfectly without clumps, seriously the first time I have encountered this except with Clinique naturally glossy mascara. If I had to describe this, I would describe it as Clinique High Impact Mascara with infinitely better definition and anticlumping factor. Sexy, dramatic but not overdone, and perfect for your everyday look (if you want to look great everyday lol). Also, interestingly enough, not only have my lashes stop falling out since I reduced layering but they seemed to grow longer everytime I take it off??!!! just my imagination???

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 9:59:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For those of you who mourn with me the loss of Max Factor being in America - this is a pretty good dupe for the Volume Couture that was my HG mascara.
The brush on this mascara is even simpler than the one that came with MF VC. It does a great job of defining and lengthening, but doesn't do a lot for volume, or for holding curl.
If you have trouble finding mascaras that don't clump on you - give this one a go. I am confident that it would be really tough for this one to clump on anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

After reading all the rave reviews here, I decided to give this mascara a try. Conclusion: great mascara, but it didn't blow me out of the water. Two things; one, this does have great staying power for a day at work/school but I wouldn't recommend using it for strenuous activities since it's not waterproof. Secondly, this mascara is JET black while I was expecting more of a natural black (when I picked up the "black" version). It's actually very noticeable despite the fact that I'm Asian and already have black eyelashes. This may or may not be a good thing; if you want a lighter shade, I'd try the expresso version.

PROS: Gives great length, good separation, a little bit of volume and is easy to apply. It's a watery mascara so it doesn't clump at all (initially). One coat will give you defined, lengthened lashes. A second coat will give you slightly thicker and surprisingly dramatic (not super dramatic, but at least very pretty and noticeable) lashes. Also, any mascara that's full of vitamins and makes your lashes soft wins points in my book!

CONS: You really can't layer up this mascara very much. It DOES start to clump/get messy after the second coat and after 2-3 coats, you will lose a noticeable amount of your curl. (I think this is due to the sheer weight of the mascara and not due to true uncurling.) Also, I noticed that the overall effect of this mascara is kind of... spiky, like the type of lashes you might get with Maybelline's Stiletto mascara. It's not overly dramatic, but it is very defined and NOT very "natural" looking, so if that's what you're looking for, this mascara may be too dark/obvious for you.

========VOLUMIZING VERSION REVIEW BELOW=========

On a whim, I decided to try the volumizing version. Anyone that hates a giant brush like I do (Lash Blast style), STAY AWAY. This is a huuuge brush, and while it's soft, I invariably got mascara on my eyelid. That aside, this mascara gave a much more 'natural', softer look with great length, but it didn't seem to build much more volume than the original version. It didn't clump on the third coat like the original volume did, but like the original version, it felt a little too heavy at the third coat. I really disliked the brush because it was hard to work with, so I returned it, but other people may prefer this version for a softer look/brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by desertrose156

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My search for the perfect mascara is over because this is it! This is so comfortable on my sensitive eyes, and I have experienced no smudging or flaking. It holds a curl remarkably well and defines my lashes in one application. I have long lashes and I was very impressed with how well this separates them. I also really appreciate that this is paraben free and cruelty free. Extremely happy with this purchase and I recommend to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by hotpinkblonde

Great product! It does exactly what it claims. It gives great length and definition and doesn't clumb or flake. A huge added bonus for me is that it's paraben free and it doesn't make my lashes hard or brittle. They stay soft even after touch ups! GREAT job BE!!!