April 19, 2014 | 1741 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by cherieyung

"matte", "powder" foundation? I never thought I would use such type of foundation and even never thought I will like it like now. I am happy with this product because of several good things it surprised me : it's not that "matte" actually the finish just perfect, no shine, not looking like a flat cakery mask. But it takes 20 mins to get this (now it's summer time and I sweat once I step out of my house). I'm using fair c10 (I'm Asian with fair skin, used to have rosacea) and the color is just neutral (slightly toward pink tone). The powder almost invisible when it set in and as the day goes by, it gives a luminous (very little) look; touch up is needed after a long work day before heading to dinner, as all other makeup. I do occasionally feel some sensation (when your skin is dry) on my face and; i'd intentionally look into the mirror and smile to test dryness, no extra dry lines; even seems look less! I think its easy to applysince, unlike liquid foundation it doesn't set on pores so one swirl/tap/buff on each side of the face is enough. Only nose needs extra care due to enlarged pores. Final thing is the price which is very reasonable, I bought the starter kit. I was using Cle de Peau (most expensive line from Shiseido which costs 4 times of BM); but due to the higher than I needed luminosity and moisture, I look oily and skin looks darken 30 mins after application on summer. Thats the reason i "drastically" changed to a powder foundation (with doubt at first). The other reason is i am being persuaded of how minerals powder is more healthy on skin than liquid for daily use, that's why I give it a go. Of coz, Cle de Peau does give more contouring than BM; so I'll keep it for winter time or at night when i need a more serious makeup. Yet, seems BM is less oxidise than CDP! The only problem is coverage of pores; I'd need to dap a tiny bit of Liquid foundation on my tip of nose to covers pores and blackheads. I have been using this 8 days in a row and am satisfied.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Yummy1Mummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

What an enormous disappointment and waste of money!!! This foundation made my skin look orange, it did not give any coverage whatsoever and made me itch. It did not look good at all. And yes I did apply correctly after being shown by the consultant, I bought the right brushes, used their primer and did everything they said to do. I feel very cheated by this product. I know so many people rave about it and that's why I got it, but it sure didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by vsmini

I'm pretty pale but I can tan easily so in the summer I go for the Fairly Medium and it works out perfectly. I dust this over my face after I've applied a super light (partial) layer of Revlon's Photoready liquid foundation. The result is flawless skin. I'm even prone to the little tiny hairs on my face standing up when I apply powder foundation but it doesn't happen when I use this product.

I took off one lippie because, as others have said, something happens to this makeup after it's been on your skin for awhile. Some say it "oxidizes" but I'm not sure if that's what's really going on but it does seem to change color a bit, especially if you are out and about in the sun - it bronzes up a little bit and if not blended with the neck properly it can make your face look a little orange in comparison. That's why I'm now super careful to make sure I take the time to blend, blend, blend! Nothing is worse than a white neck and a tan face. Boo!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by ibangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find that this product keep my skin matte longer than my MAC, loves it! MAC Studio Fix powder was my HG powder but it tends to look cakey after few hours. This dont. I normally use moisturizer then primer or bb cream under my foundation to have more coverage since i have bad acne scars. This makes my skin look natural with medium coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by marseeuh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the regular bare minerals and switched to the matte...terrible mistake. It clogged my pores, and broke me out and i never break out. I will discontinue using it....what a waste of money :(

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by chihuaualover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have tried this foundation plus the one in the compact, both horrible. I have oily acne prone skin and the sales person assured me this would "transform my face." I bought both of them from Macy's and (thank god) they let me return them for a full refund.

This foundation is anything but "Matte." I have never looked so oily in my entire life; disgusting. Not only did I look oily but this foundation settled into my "fine lines" making me look old, I AM ONLY 22 YEARS OLD! I have a few lines under my eyes from stress and simply because it runs in the family and it magnified them and made me look 30! This product also went deep into my pores, supposedly to "even out my pores", but it just made them 10x more noticeable. Completely clogged my skin! Also, when I first applied it the color match was great but after two hours of wear I look super orange (I have very pale skin).

Terrible, horrible, do not believe the hype!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by RMulieri

I got on another Bare minerals kick this past month after abandoning the brand 2 yrs ago .I am not sure I like it by itself ( I am NC20 and was color matched for Medium beige).It looks cakey even buffed like crazy ( even with the primer).But I do like it as a finishing powder over my MUFE Face and body foundation so I will use it like that .Maybe in the summer when I am an oil slick it might look better

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by aggrolounge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color selection in this line is bizarre. I found myself settling on Fairly Light as the closest color. I have fair-light yellow-olive skin. What stinks is that this formula oxidizes like crazy! What was already a so-so match got very dark and peachy as the day progressed. I also noticed very little shine control, although this doesn't come as a surprise since any formula without talc doesn't seem to do anything for me in the oil control department.

I did enjoy the coverage I got from the powder, and the accompanying primer is quite good. I just won't repurchase because the cons are too much for me to overlook!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i went to the bare minerals boutique and was excited to buy their new ready compact foundation. i had always steered away from bare minerals because i hate loose powder..i find it to be too messy and inconvenient. however after trying all 4 of the darker shades of the ready foundation..none of them were my shade. they were all too red or too ashy looking. so the S.A. talked me into trying the matte foundation. she said that the shades in that line were different and might suit me better. so i let her try some on me. we found a shade that matched so at that point i asked her to do my whole face. when she was done,i was shocked at how horrible my complexion looked. the coverage was very poor and this makeup accentuated my flaws and made the texture look worse. i then noticed that there was makeup all over my new shirt! overall, i think this makeup is for people that have nearly perfect skin with very minimal imperfections. i was not at all impressed with their foundations..plus the store was a zoo and i had to wait quite a while for someone to help me. when i asked if i could put some makeup on myself..i was told that it was against store policy and that one of them would have to apply it. so that left me standing around waiting..

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by trueaddict

So I used this for years until one day I looked in the mirror later in the day. I looked pretty ridiculous. If you don't put enough of it on, you'd think why did I bother to put this on? If you put it on heavier to cover the flaws it starts looking cakey (but not horrible). It really emphasizes pores on your nose as the day wears on and dries out your cheeks. If you want to look cakey, buy this. I've switched back to liquid formulas since they look more smooth.