Chanel Glossimer

4.3

on 5/17/2009 11:06:00 AM

i had a hard time deciding how to rate this as I feel that it is WAY to expensive for what it is, but they do have great colors and the packing is great of course (I mean, its Chanel so of course its great). The texture is good and there seems to be a slight plumping action (my lips tingle and feel numb for a few minutes after application). I like that there is no fake fruity scent (I HATE that). But again, 28 bucks for this? I think that is mostly just about the thrill of having Chanel makeup. I bought a revlon gloss from walgreens in a shade identical to one that I saw while at SAKS. it cost 4 bucks (BOGO sale) and is nearly identical in quality and color. (does have a bit of a scent and taste which is the only bummer. but its pretty subtle)

So I don't know if I would buy this again. I did see a color that I LOVED and wished I bought instead of the one I got (color 106 is what I ended up buying. red with shimmer) and might potentially go for it if my next pay check is beefy. but dang, 28 bucks for some gloss?? I don't know why I am so hung up on this. I buy over-priced stuff all the time!! oh well! you probably won't be dissapointed if you buy this! just poor! lol!

on 5/5/2009 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love Chanel glossimers. They're my HG lipglosses. The texture is thick but not sticky and it doesn't dry out my lips (a problem that I have with a lot of glosses). It's a whopping $31 Cdn (before taxes) but well worth it. It doesn't have any taste nor smell to it which is awesome! My two HG lipglosses and ultimate favorites are Praline (#46) and Wild Rose (#119). Both of them are in the nude category but Praline is more pigmented with no glitter/shimmer while Wild Rose has silver sparkles and has a touch of pink. LOVE THEM BOTH! Chanel please NEVER discontinue these EVER!

on 4/24/2009 3:53:00 PM

I have this in 'praline' for the day - a perfect sophisticated dusky pink with no shimmer which looks like my lips but a shade darker and glossier. For a special occasion or evening I love 'blizzard' which is a pale shimmery pink that is just to die for! It is very much for an evening as it is so glossy and shiny but it makes for mesmerising lips and I get so many compliments about it and friends then go and buy one! It started as a SE and was then made a permanent fixture due to customer demand. These glosses DO fade after a couple of hours and can feel sticky but no more than any other gloss I have come across. They are pricey but so worth it as you feel a million dollars when you touch up and they last for ages.

on 4/18/2009 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't get over the yucky taste unfortunately, and the colors/staying power really aren't excellent enough for me to think they are worth the money anyway.

on 4/18/2009 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This gloss is AMAZING. Nothing compares. I am so, so sad that someone stole mine, it is absolutely lovely :(

on 4/10/2009 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

love them!

on 3/22/2009 1:32:00 AM

This lipgloss is DIVINE! I passed by the Chanel counter yesterday and the SA recommended it to me. I was a little skeptical at first because of its steep price, but after I tried it, I was amazed at the texture and color! I bought this in 126 Silex, which is a coral color with pink sparkles. I even received compliments from another SA from Smashbox when I was walking around the floor afterwards. Overall a great investment!

on 3/8/2009 11:32:00 PM

My chanel glossimer is my favorite lipgloss ever. Total HG for me. I wish they were not so expensive, I think I paid 27$. Thats almost twice as expensive as other high-end lipgloss. Oh well, it's worth it. I will rebuy. They are thick but not sticky.

on 3/8/2009 11:17:00 PM

I have Glossimer in Spark. It's a beautiful color and I love the shine. I don't love the texture, to me it's a little sticky. But my main problem is the packaging. While lovely, it is not very functional. The gloss seeps out from the neck of the tube and gets all over the inside of the cap. It is sticky and messy and a waste of expensive product. My friends have had the same problems with their tubes so I don't think it's just that my tube is defective. I wipe the wand and neck of the tube with a tissue every time I use it. It's still kind of a pain which is shame because the gloss is nice but I don't use it often because of the mess involved.

on 2/28/2009 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I love Channel's lip gloss! I have about 3 colors now and want more! Brillance is a pretty pink with shimmer, Black Tie it's a really pretty shimmery nude color. It's only limited edition so I don't know if you can find it now. Also, I have Equinoxe it's a sheer red with gold shimmer. Luv it for holidays!

Popular Lip Glosses