April 17, 2014 | 1748 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clean & Clear - Oil free Soothing Eye Makeup Remover

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Yum3ji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

MY THOUGHTS: I purchased a bottle of Clean & Clear Oil-Free Soothing Eye Makeup Remover at Real Canadian Superstore for $5.99 CAD. I figured since I wear eyeliner, and sometimes mascara, I might as well wipe it off with a solution rather than rub my eyes with a towel until the skin begins to rash.

So far I have used this product on E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen, MAC Fluidline, Laura Mercier concealer and MAC concealer. All came off easily after liberally applying the mixed solution on a cotton ball. However, it didn't remove my CG Exact Eyelights mascara.

PAULA BEGOUN: Very good. Clean & Clear Makeup Removing Cleanser ($4.99 for 6 ounces) is an almost-gentle, water-soluble cleanser that is made slightly problematic (but not prohibitively so) by the inclusion of drying sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate as a secondary cleansing agent. This is still an option for those with normal to oily skin. As for its makeup-removing prowness, this cleanser can tackle most water-based foundations, but to remove heavy or silicone-based makeup you will need to use a washcloth with it.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol, Dipropylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium chloride, Poloxamer 182, Tripotassium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Allantoin, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by heejoh

So I bought this after reading the reviews here in MUA. Once I got it home, I looked at the ingredients. They're IDENTICAL to the neutrogena one... except some of the ingredients are in different order. Meaning it has a teeny difference in the formulation. Neutrogena is owned by Johnson & Johnson. Clean & Clear is also owned by Johnson & Johnson. Conclusion? These are the SAME.

They're both ones you have to shake up. They both leave oily residue. But you know what? This one doesn't work as good as the neutrogena! Ha! I used it to try to remove waterproof mascara. And it took more product and more effort to get it off than it usually takes with my neutrogena. For practically the exact same thing, I have to say the neutrogena wins. Price wise, it's nearly the same. You get the same amount. The neutrogena may be 50 cents more expensive. I'll spend the extra 50 cents and stick with the neutrogena.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 4:21:00 AM More reviews by softfacekitty

I'm normally not a fan of clean and clear.. i'm only loyal to their oil absorbing sheets but i saw this on the counter and it reminded me of my beloved lancome bi-facil eye makeup remover!! It says it's oil free but it's a 2 phase cleanser with a floating solution on top. It works the same as the lancome to me and the lancome is 5x the price. It leaves a flim on my eye but it takes off ALL makeup and doesn't sting it. Would def buy it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by LatinEarthAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It removes eyeshadow and other eye make up, but I had a hard time removing reular mascara. would not buy again, I like neutrogena's/Clinique's better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 2:49:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

This removes my eye makeup really quick and easy w/out residue. It's also painless and fragrant-free (yay!).I purchased this at London Drugs for $5.99CAD and it came with a free C&C oxygen fizzing cleanser which is phenomenal (who doesn't like freebies even when their unnecessary?)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Tickle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my new favourite eye make-up remover. They were on sale at a grocery store and I purchased one and tried it that night, I was amazed at how well it removed my waterproof mascara plus it was very gentle on the eyes. The next day I bought up the rest of the bottles because they were so cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by issa6688

This product if definitely a re-purchase for me. It's a great eye makeup remover, very soothing as it says. I spilled a lot of it knocking it over and i was so sad. But anyways, it does not dry out my eyes as most makeup removers do, it is oil free but it does come with a two liquid formula that you have to shake up. It didn't irritate my eyes. Other than that, it's overall a good makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by JU1CYY69

this is probably the best drug store eye make up remover there is available. its so great! its also really affordable (i got it for $4.99 at my local superstore). i compared this to the lancome eye make up remover and i think it does a better job in removing my make up. it also doesnt leave my skin feeling as oily as the lancome eye make up remover. its also WAY cheaper, with the lancome one running around $32 CAD. with that said, why not go with the clean & clear?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by TheRedDeluge

I went to the store to buy more Neutrogena m/u remover when I saw this and thought to give it a try. It works great if not better in my opinion. My eye makeup comes off easily and like it has been said before it is not as oily feeling as Neutrogena. But that doesn't matter much anyway since I wash my face after I use it. I also think you get about the same amount for a little less. I would definitely give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by BrittyG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried all of the d/s makeup removers and this one is my new favorite. Unlike the Neutrogena one it doesn't leave your eyes super oily afterwards. And unlike L'Oreal it takes your eye m/u off really easily without tugging/rubbing. Even waterproof mascara. I am normally not a fan of Clean and Clear products so I was suprised at how much I like this! It also lasts a long time. I have had this bottle for 3 months and am only half way through. It lasts because you don't need to use as much as with most removers. Overall, if you are a d/s kinda girl and want a remover I would highly recommend this one!