October 25, 2014 | 1888 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clean & Clear - Oil free Soothing Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by JenC

This is my new favorite eye makeup remover after the old version of Avon's Perfect Wear Makeup Remover has been discontinued or changed (not sure which now), but anyway, this Clean & Clear Oil free Soothing Eye Makeup Remover is fantastic. I use Wet & Wild waterproof liquid eyeliner daily which doesn't budge a bit all day. Sometimes some eyeshadow and/or waterproof mascara. Just one QTip worth of this remover is enough to remove all of the eye makeup! I wipe the residue off with some tissue, then wash my whole face with Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser which washes away the rest of my stay-put makeup (melasma here!)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by isabellaxxmarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this remover for my eyemakeup everyday. I use it with a cotton pad and it gets everything off. the only complaint is that there is a bit of residue and the bottle's cap comes off easily. But I will buy it again because it has lasted me a long time

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by p4percut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a long overdue review. I got a full sized sample as a buzz agent with samples of their wipes. I used EVOO to remove mascara before this, but I didn't like that it was so oily. This is not oily at all and it removes all makeup, even waterproof mascara easily! I don't even have to use a large amount of it. I've seen it on store shelves and the price is pretty good too (around $5). I have been using the same bottle for months now and it is only half gone (though I haven't been using makeup regularly now that it's summer). I would buy this again gladly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 6:57:00 AM More reviews by dakgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My standard for judging eye makeup remover is Lancome Bi-facil, but the price is ridiculous. I don't mind spending money on makeup but the removers should be more affordable.

This surprised me! Removes makeup,even waterproof just as well as my HG; cleanly and quickly. It left a VERY slightly more emollient residue than Bi-facil but nothing a quick rinse with water didn't fix. I have found my DS replacement!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

I used to use Neutrogena remover for a few years and i recently discovered this C&C remover, and now i'm converted! They're packaged in the same style bottle. C&C bottle is purple, so it's prettier. Now the performance -- i find C&C to be a more effective remover than Neutrogena one. It is very similar though. If you didn't like Neutrogena one, you may not like this. The only difference i see is that C&C removes a little faster AND it removes my mascaras in flakes. So when the mascara comes off my cotton pads, i can see little black flakes of my mascara (CG Lash Blast). Neutrogena melts the mascara off (and it takes a while to melt), but CC removes it in bits (in shorter amount of time). I hope it makes sense. But i think they both work great and gentle, and both are comparable to the infamous Lancome Bi-Facils. CC is more comparable because it removes my eye makeup faster.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Yum3ji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

MY THOUGHTS: I purchased a bottle of Clean & Clear Oil-Free Soothing Eye Makeup Remover at Real Canadian Superstore for $5.99 CAD. I figured since I wear eyeliner, and sometimes mascara, I might as well wipe it off with a solution rather than rub my eyes with a towel until the skin begins to rash.

So far I have used this product on E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen, MAC Fluidline, Laura Mercier concealer and MAC concealer. All came off easily after liberally applying the mixed solution on a cotton ball. However, it didn't remove my CG Exact Eyelights mascara.

PAULA BEGOUN: Very good. Clean & Clear Makeup Removing Cleanser ($4.99 for 6 ounces) is an almost-gentle, water-soluble cleanser that is made slightly problematic (but not prohibitively so) by the inclusion of drying sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate as a secondary cleansing agent. This is still an option for those with normal to oily skin. As for its makeup-removing prowness, this cleanser can tackle most water-based foundations, but to remove heavy or silicone-based makeup you will need to use a washcloth with it.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol, Dipropylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium chloride, Poloxamer 182, Tripotassium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Allantoin, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by heejoh

So I bought this after reading the reviews here in MUA. Once I got it home, I looked at the ingredients. They're IDENTICAL to the neutrogena one... except some of the ingredients are in different order. Meaning it has a teeny difference in the formulation. Neutrogena is owned by Johnson & Johnson. Clean & Clear is also owned by Johnson & Johnson. Conclusion? These are the SAME.

They're both ones you have to shake up. They both leave oily residue. But you know what? This one doesn't work as good as the neutrogena! Ha! I used it to try to remove waterproof mascara. And it took more product and more effort to get it off than it usually takes with my neutrogena. For practically the exact same thing, I have to say the neutrogena wins. Price wise, it's nearly the same. You get the same amount. The neutrogena may be 50 cents more expensive. I'll spend the extra 50 cents and stick with the neutrogena.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 4:21:00 AM More reviews by softfacekitty

I'm normally not a fan of clean and clear.. i'm only loyal to their oil absorbing sheets but i saw this on the counter and it reminded me of my beloved lancome bi-facil eye makeup remover!! It says it's oil free but it's a 2 phase cleanser with a floating solution on top. It works the same as the lancome to me and the lancome is 5x the price. It leaves a flim on my eye but it takes off ALL makeup and doesn't sting it. Would def buy it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by LatinEarthAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It removes eyeshadow and other eye make up, but I had a hard time removing reular mascara. would not buy again, I like neutrogena's/Clinique's better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 2:49:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

This removes my eye makeup really quick and easy w/out residue. It's also painless and fragrant-free (yay!).I purchased this at London Drugs for $5.99CAD and it came with a free C&C oxygen fizzing cleanser which is phenomenal (who doesn't like freebies even when their unnecessary?)