Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss (All Colors)

4.1

C18-36 ACID TRIGLYCERIDE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, POLYBUTENE, TRIDECYL TRIMELLITATE, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, LIMONENE, ALUMINA, SILICA, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, ETHYL MENTHANE CARBOXAMIDE, TIN OXIDE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, MEL/HONEY, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, CITRAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYPALMITOYL SPHINGANINE, LINALOOL, DIMETHICONE, <+/- MAY CONTAIN: MICA, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492/IRON OXIDES, CI 15850/RED 7, CI 45410/RED 28 LAKE, CI 19140/YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 15985/YELLOW 6 LAKE, CI 45380/RED 22 LAKE, CI 42090/BLUE 1 LAKE, CI 75470/CARMINE> FIL D36361/1

on 11/10/2009 1:35:00 PM

I bought this lip gloss in Plumtastic. It's my first purchase from Maybelline's Color Sensational line. I am very happy with it. It is quite pigmented, not too sheer. So many lip glosses I try are just too sheer, barely any color. Sometimes that's the look you want, but I really prefer a lip gloss that provides a generous amount of color, and this one does.

It is not sticky or gloppy. It goes on very smoothly. I found it to be quite long lasting, too. I didn't need to reapply it for several hours after. It did not leave my lips dry. It doesn't have an unpleasant taste or smell. I just can't find anything bad to say about it.

It's a great product, especially for the price. I want to try this in other colors, definitely plan to buy more.

on 11/1/2009 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Another great find at the drugstore and another stellar new product from Maybelline. I have 3 of them and plan to buy more. Performs as good or better than pricier lip glosses at 3x the price! Color range is good, too. Not sticky and no gross taste either. I have 2 of the coordinating liners and plan to try a couple lippies next.

on 10/29/2009 9:46:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

3/24/10 EDIT

I bought all 12 of these of ebay for about 20 bucks, including shipping (great deal!!) and I love every single one, I tried on every color and they all work well for me. They are sheer but yet not too sheer, have a great feel and smell good, I love them so much!

Just bought this today at my local Rite aid (for about 6 bucks and some change) I was actually looking for the lipstick in Born With it and the gloss ( wanted to wear them together) but they didn't have the lipstick so I opted to get the gloss in Raspberry sorbet (#55). At first I thought it was gonna be to bright, but when I got home and played with it it's really sheer, but still a pigmented pretty pink not a lot of sparkle which i like. I love it is a great gloss, not sticky or too thick. Perfect! I can't wait to wear it out on date night with my hubby!! Good price too, I am sure it will come down as it is a new product, but at 6 bucks so worth it.

on 10/28/2009 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought one of these at CVS pharmacy and loved it so much I went back for two more. The colors are fantastic - not too shiney and not too dull - just right for every day, but the choices of color are very wearable.

They go on smoothly and do not dry the lips, and they stay on most of the day. Not all day, but it is a gloss and easy to reapply with precision.

They also have a great scent. Not all the time, but when you apply them, they smell like pineapple candy. Then the smell subsides. But the smell does put a smile on your face, it is that nice.

Let me repeat, the colors are fantastic. That alone is a reason to buy these. And of course, the price is right. A great drugstore find!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I picked this up in Sandstone Shimmer without expecting too much. It was a BOGOF and I wanted the Pink Wink l/s. Anyway, I love this lip gloss. It has a fresh scent and gives an alluring shimmer without being too sparkly. I love Sandstone paired with my Rimmel l/l in Eastend Snob for a "nude lip" look, which I have never been able to pull off without looking washed out. Anyway, I definitely want some more colors!

on 10/26/2009 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have four of these: Broadway Bronze, Sugared Honey, Plum-tastic, and a pink one, the medium clear pink. The only quibble I have with these is with the silver micro-glitter they contain, but that doesn't bother me enough to deduct a lippie for it. I really adore the texture of these glosses...if I was Goldilocks and messing around in the Three Bears' house, this would be Baby Bear's lipgloss. Not too sticky, not too slippery, makes my lips feel so good! The colors are all just downright flattering as well. I always wait for a BOGO sale and then pick up a couple things from the Colorsensational line. I love it!

on 10/23/2009 11:14:00 PM

This lip gloss totally exceeded any expectations I have. I really love it! I bought one in Sandstone Shimmer, which is a light-neutral color with a subtle shimmer.

First off, I love how it makes my lips look. It lightens them up a bit without washing them out. The shine it gives my lips is the perfect amount: Not too much, not too little.

This gloss tends to stay in place after application; it won't slide around and show up on any other areas on your face. The gloss has a pretty good staying power too. It lasts a good 4 hours, which is much better than most drug store lip glosses.

I've found that this gloss can somewhat get on the tacky/sticky side, but it isn't bad at all. The product always feels comfortable on my lips.

There isn't a taste to this gloss, and the smell is actually quite pleasant. The smell is a very light grapefruit scent. It isn't overwhelming, and you probably won't be able to smell it after you put it on your lips. That's fine by me though. I'd rather have a subtle to no smell instead of an overwhelmingly bad smell.

I think this is quite a fantastic lip gloss. I'll be happy to purchase again.

on 9/29/2009 11:06:00 PM

I have Plumtastic and Sugared Honey. The quality is nice, I'd say it's more of a lip cream than a gloss. My only complaint is that these are quite frosty. I'd prefer less frost. But I think I can make it work... Rite Aid has them 2for1 so I'm willing to try a couple other colors at that price.

on 9/22/2009 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I chose this gloss in "Pink Perfection". This gloss doesn't have much shine, but I can work with it. "Pink Perfection" looks like a milky pinky nude gloss with silver shimmers on my pigmented lips (I'm NC35), it also seems like a frost (and so far, the only frost that works for me). It does tingle on my first application. It goes on very smooth and when I smack my lips together, it feels smooth. It also feels very thick, and it's stickier than my HG gloss (Revlon Super Lustrous), but not as sticky as MAC. As for staying power, it's okay. For now, this is definitely my HG pink gloss for the winter/fall (I use to wear MAC's Fluterose). I'm thinking of going back for more, in different colors. Would definitely repurchase this. I wish it had SPF though (I sometimes put Revlon's Super Lustrous Shine City on top for the SPF).
~~~EDIT~~~
I just noticed my lips. It's pinkier than normal. After the gloss wears off, I'm left with a tint on my lip, very pretty.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great drugstore lipgloss! Good color selection, great shine and pigmentation and feels nice and smooth on. Soft and not too sticky. Isn't too long wearing, but it's no worse than most lipglosses. Doesn't stay on if you eat or drink, but will stay on for at least an hour otherwise. I own these in 3 shades (Sugared Honey, Raspberry Sorbet & Plum-tastic) and love all three. Gives great color and shine, the things I look for in a good gloss, so I can forgive the short wear time. When I want great wear, I wear lipstick anyway.

Popular Lip Glosses