July 30, 2014 | 1976 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Color Sensational Lip Gloss (All Colors)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have four of these: Broadway Bronze, Sugared Honey, Plum-tastic, and a pink one, the medium clear pink. The only quibble I have with these is with the silver micro-glitter they contain, but that doesn't bother me enough to deduct a lippie for it. I really adore the texture of these glosses...if I was Goldilocks and messing around in the Three Bears' house, this would be Baby Bear's lipgloss. Not too sticky, not too slippery, makes my lips feel so good! The colors are all just downright flattering as well. I always wait for a BOGO sale and then pick up a couple things from the Colorsensational line. I love it!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lip gloss totally exceeded any expectations I have. I really love it! I bought one in Sandstone Shimmer, which is a light-neutral color with a subtle shimmer.

First off, I love how it makes my lips look. It lightens them up a bit without washing them out. The shine it gives my lips is the perfect amount: Not too much, not too little.

This gloss tends to stay in place after application; it won't slide around and show up on any other areas on your face. The gloss has a pretty good staying power too. It lasts a good 4 hours, which is much better than most drug store lip glosses.

I've found that this gloss can somewhat get on the tacky/sticky side, but it isn't bad at all. The product always feels comfortable on my lips.

There isn't a taste to this gloss, and the smell is actually quite pleasant. The smell is a very light grapefruit scent. It isn't overwhelming, and you probably won't be able to smell it after you put it on your lips. That's fine by me though. I'd rather have a subtle to no smell instead of an overwhelmingly bad smell.

I think this is quite a fantastic lip gloss. I'll be happy to purchase again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by MERP

I have Plumtastic and Sugared Honey. The quality is nice, I'd say it's more of a lip cream than a gloss. My only complaint is that these are quite frosty. I'd prefer less frost. But I think I can make it work... Rite Aid has them 2for1 so I'm willing to try a couple other colors at that price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 10:07:00 AM More reviews by untinnu

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I chose this gloss in "Pink Perfection". This gloss doesn't have much shine, but I can work with it. "Pink Perfection" looks like a milky pinky nude gloss with silver shimmers on my pigmented lips (I'm NC35), it also seems like a frost (and so far, the only frost that works for me). It does tingle on my first application. It goes on very smooth and when I smack my lips together, it feels smooth. It also feels very thick, and it's stickier than my HG gloss (Revlon Super Lustrous), but not as sticky as MAC. As for staying power, it's okay. For now, this is definitely my HG pink gloss for the winter/fall (I use to wear MAC's Fluterose). I'm thinking of going back for more, in different colors. Would definitely repurchase this. I wish it had SPF though (I sometimes put Revlon's Super Lustrous Shine City on top for the SPF).
~~~EDIT~~~
I just noticed my lips. It's pinkier than normal. After the gloss wears off, I'm left with a tint on my lip, very pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great drugstore lipgloss! Good color selection, great shine and pigmentation and feels nice and smooth on. Soft and not too sticky. Isn't too long wearing, but it's no worse than most lipglosses. Doesn't stay on if you eat or drink, but will stay on for at least an hour otherwise. I own these in 3 shades (Sugared Honey, Raspberry Sorbet & Plum-tastic) and love all three. Gives great color and shine, the things I look for in a good gloss, so I can forgive the short wear time. When I want great wear, I wear lipstick anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Branwyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this in Sugared Honey and I love it! Tingled slightly when I first applied but went away quickly. The color is a pinky nude that is perfect for my medium skin tone. Staying power is great for a drugstore gloss. I will purchase in other colors for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2009 7:47:00 AM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in Touch of Toffee and Born With It. I love both!! The colors go on very smoothly. It's a "heavy" gloss in my opinion, but isn't sticky at all!!! My lips feel amazing when I wear this. I rub my lips together all the time to feel the smoothness. Definitely will be looking into other colors from this line!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in Born With It. It's the quintessential pearly pink lipgloss that goes with everything. The color is very sheer, but I wasn't expecting vivid color from a lipgloss. The smooth silky feel of this gloss makes it very special to me. I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2009 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Telly90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I also bought this in Sugared honey. At first I thought I liked it, but the glitter makes it gritty. It's not as smooth as I thought it was. I do like that the lip gloss has a nice pinky mauve color that matches my lips perfectly and I don't mind the smell, but I can see why some people might not like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by frenchcourtesan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's good but it needs to be more pigmented. I wanted to see the color in the tube on my lips but it didn't do that exactly. So wear it with a similar colored lipstick.