Equate Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

Water, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Laureth-8 Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Allantoin, Magnesium Laureth-8 Sulfate, Magnesium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Oleth Sulfate, Magnesium Oleth Sulfate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance.

on 11/16/2009 8:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Just as great as the Neutrogena version. I can't tell the difference. Easy of the eyes even though I wear contacts, and gets through the thickest layers of water proof mascara.

on 8/31/2009 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

i like this the only problem was that it burned by eyes when i was done and i didnt like the shine it left on my eyelid but other than that i worked really great and remover mascara and eyeliner really fast

on 8/18/2009 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is not as good as Neutrogena's Oil-free Makeup remover. It takes longer for the liquid to dissolve my mascara and waterproof eyeliner. I'd rather pay one more dollar and some cents to get the original from Neutrogena. Sometimes I have to tug at my skin a little to remove all my eye makeup. Im unsatisfied. Will not buy again.

on 8/17/2009 3:15:00 PM

I love Neutrogena's version of this. The Equate version is less effective, but still a lot better than the majority of others out there (excluding the ones I have reviewed.) I would give it a 2.5 if MUA had that option, but since they don't, I'm giving it a 3. The order of my preferences for dual-phase eye makeup removers:

(1) HG = Sonia Kashuk Remove (for effectiveness and price)

(2) tie between Neutrogena and Mary Kay (MK a bit $$, but not obscenely so)

(3) Equate (Neutrogena dup) (less effective than Neutrogena, but still a good product at a GREAT price)

(4) Lancome Bi-Facil (effective, but obscenely $$$$ = not worth the $$)

My HG eye makeup remover. It doesn't get any better for the price. I used to use Mary Kay oil free eye makeup remover because my mom sells it, but she ran out and just hasn't felt like placing another order. I decided to branch out and see if there were any drug store brand removers that I liked as much as the MK. I purchased this after buying 2 other products that were AWFUL and I am SO very pleased! It removes very well and it is so much cheaper. Well worth it for a drugstore brand!

on 7/17/2009 4:24:00 PM

I had finished on my third bottle of Nuetrogena's eye makeup remover and while shopping for another, I saw they sold out so I grabbed this one. I must say that their quality isn't the same but for $4 a bottle, I can live with it! It removes everything for me and it does the job.
One con however. It appears to contain soap and if you leave this on after using it, your eyes will feel if.

on 6/20/2009 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am on my second bottle of this remover and I am a big fan. It removes all of my eye makeup with ease, even waterproof. The reason I removed a lippie it because the packaging can be a hassle sometimes, I'd prefer being able to squeeze the product onto my cotton rount or q-tip. I dropped a q-tip in my last bottle and it never fully dissolved so I ended up having to throw away about 1/3 of the bottle. Luckily this is cheap and, as I said, very effective. I will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I had no idea this products was around for a long time, I only just spied it a month ago at Wally's. I always use Neutrogena's EMR and love it but being a cheapskate decided to save a buck by trying the Equate. It worked to remove my makeup fine but it made my eyes ache. Just buy the Neutrogena and be done with it! Or if you need to blow extra money for a high end product, use Clinique or Mary Kay..same as Neutrogena but more expensive!

on 6/7/2009 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used this for about 3 years. I'm a loyal customer! This doesn't irritate my eyes (with hard contacts) when it gets in. I've always used waterproof mascara and this gets it off easily.

I would have given it a 5 but, the most recent bottle I purchased (4 days ago) has a weird and extremely strong chemical smell to it. Just yesterday, it went in my eyes and it stung sooo bad. I don't know if they switched ingredients (I may have to look for a new one!)... I wonder if I could return it, though I won't be passing by Wal-Mart in the next week... arg!!! stupid strong chemicals..

Anyways, in conclusion... (without the strong chemical) I'm a huge fan of this product. It saves a lot of money to only pay less than $5CAD to remove eye makeup (one bottle lasts me 3 months). I'd hate to pay more to remove makeup..

on 6/5/2009 11:31:00 PM

I too was looking for a good eyemakeup remover but found that all of them were really expensive and it seemed dumb to me to spend so much on something when you could use soap and water instead. This equate brand was only a little over $3 so its way worth it. I use to scrub my eyes with soap and water then a towel, I wanted to use something more gentle, and this did it very well. No rubbing involved, just swiped it over my eyes with a cotton ball. I will buy again when I run out.