October 1, 2014 | 1870 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample with a few other lush cleansers. I really like this and I think it's perfect for full makeup days or days when wearing makeup for 10+ hours. with that in mind I really only use it once a week if that because its quite an intense cleanser for daily use. I prefer lush herbalism over this because its a bit gentler. I find using this over the sink and then washing it off in the shower to be the best way for use. I don't think I would buy this in the full size because a sample size is more than enough for me at the moment with how much I use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by allyxo141

IN LOVE. This cleanser has really helped clear up some of my pimples and give my skin a smoother texture.

SMELL: It sort of smells like black licorice in a way?
USE: I use this by putting a little piece in my hand after taking off my makeup and adding little drops of water to it to make it into a paste. Then put it all over my face, rub gently, and wash off.
After, I use the LUSH Breath of Fresh Air Toner, and the LUSH Imperialis moisturizer.

PROS:
- Seriously helped clear up my skin
- Exfoliates skin, but still gentle enough to use every day

CONS:
- Can be very messy (Use it in the shower to help with this)
-Sometimes no matter how many times I rinse my face it still stays on, no big deal, I just use a damp washcloth to get rid of the rest.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, don't use this with your Clarisonic. It will destroy the brush. Not sure if that's a no brainer for everyone else! I can't use this in the sink as it makes a complete mess. I can't use this in the shower as it leaves a mess that is really difficult to clean. It stained my shower black and now I have to go back in and clean it every time I use it. Definitely not worth it considering I didn't see a difference in my skin. It also expires fairly quickly for the big price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by riceboxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great exfoliator for deep cleansing oily skin.

I like the smell surprisingly (it smells just like coalface, an earthy, charcoal smell) and I also like to use this as a face mask occasionally.
Since this is a harsh exfoliator, I only use it about 2 times a week.

As for the downside, I find that this leaves a black residue on my face no matter how good I wash my face. So if you're gonna use this, you HAVE TO use a toner afterwards (it's crazy how much black product I see on my cotton round after using dark angels)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by linet182

I have only been using this product for the last few days and I already can tell you I love this stuff. I don't use it everyday, I try to use it 2-3 times a week at most. It does a great job at exfoliating the skin and washing off all the flakey skin, oil and just leaves my skin feeling clean and supple. Only downside is that this stuff leaves my bathtub a total mess. it is almost like a charcoal so you can see little black things floating around... kinda gross, but well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by 1432

This product is the best for oily or combination skin. If you have sensitive skin, this product may be too abrasive for you so be careful. I have combination skin and this mops up all my excess oil while leaving a bit of moisture. It also scrubs away all those dead skin cells.
The price is ok but can be quite expensive. Compared to other drugstore brand cleansers (Neutrogena, Cetaphil), this product is about the same price. This product also lasts me a long time. I still wish this product came in a black tub instead of those clear plastic tubs.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by jchrisvfd11

If you have dull and oily skin you MUST try this! It's quite messy but it's so worth the mess. My skin looks instantly fresh and clean, and much brighter. If you're concerned about dangerous ingredients in your products then this is great for you too.
Con: It expires within like...4 months and it comes in a big tub and there is always so much product left over it's such a waste.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

I have used this for years and it it awesome. The smell doesn't bug me at all and the black washes all off. It can be a bit too abrasive but it like it anyways.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by theperoxideprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Dark Angels is alright, but unfortunately it doesn't work so great on my skin. It comes in a cute little tub. It looks like charcoal, but it smells so good like citrus. All you have to do is put a small chunk in your palm, apply a few drops of water, and mix it into a paste. Then you just apply it to your face in small circles. It looks messy, but it comes off easily. It leaves your face very soft, but in my case it made me break out. Again, each person will experience different results from Dark Angels so go try it out for yourself. Lush always gives out samples.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

great scrub for body and face. if you use it on your face just bE GENTLE! it is very scrubby and you needent shred your skin when you use this. it sucks up all the oilies and gunk. I use it if i have blackheads when i wear long wear foundation for more than a few days in a row without switching. My daughter uses it and she has extremely oily and acne prones skin and it really sorts it all out. I have used this on my legs too after waxing and it helps with any bumps and dry skin. will repurchase, and the smell isnt bad, just bland, no bad thing! Is a bit messy, but i havent had to change my bathroom cleansing routine to get rid of this, it rinses away just fine.