July 24, 2014 | 1836 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was really excited to try this finally picked it up from the Santa Monica Promenade Lush, as it was sold out online for a long time. I love the smell, a deep earthy coal charcoal smell. It's super thick and heavy and the exfoliation particles are a bit too rough for the sensitive skin on my face. Works great on the body for exfoliating. I didn't notice any difference in an improvement with my acne prone skin. I would say its a great exfoliator but BE Careful if you have really sensitive facial skin as this stuff exfoliates on the rough side. Be very gentle and apply light pressure.if your using on your body scrub away!
The reason why I will not repurchase is this stuff is a complete MESS. I have a white tub and after using this it's stained pitch black and has to be scrubbed off several times to remove it. It leaves a tough black residue in my tub. I'm not fond of triple scrubbing the tub out to get this stuff completely off.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Emily1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My cousin got me a free sample of this for Christmas 2010 I think (she bought me some soap, and you can ask for up to 2 free samples when you buy something is the shop. But they don't tell you, obviously). It had all the potential to be a great cleanser and it is really but unfortunately the black colour settles in my pores and give the appearance of blackheads, as well as leaving black smudges everywhere. There's even black all over the sink after using this so yes, it would be an idea to use it in the shower. The black marks are hard to remove and I couldn't use this every day in the morning because I just wouldn't have time to wipe the marks off with tissue all the time. It's got good scrubbiness though and does a relatively decent job on making my skin feel clean. I'm sticking to my St.Ives apricot scrub though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by azazel0805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I alternate this with Angels on Bare Skin. It's a bit rougher and drier, but so far hasn't irritated my sensitive skin and has done a good job of preventing excessive oil production during the days I've used it. This leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth, and I've noticed a reduction in blackheads on my nose.
Also, follow the tip about using this in the shower because it does get messy... And follow it up with a mild cleanser (I use Fresh Farmacy) to remove any leftover black/grayish bits on your face. I have a mini-spatula that I use to get the product out of the container because I don't want to dip my fingers into the tub and possibly contaminate the rest of the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by OWLlover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of my LUSH favourites. Cleans great, I am using it two times a week before applying mask. Mask works better after DA. Absolutely recommended :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Aliakatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While this did leave my skin feeling very smooth, it has not helped at all with my acne. I find this also leaves my skin grey from the charcoal, and I have to use another cleanser to remove that, just using toner did not help.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this! Dark Angels has made so much of a difference on my skin!
I bought it after hearing good reviews but I was dubious because I didn't know if a natural product could make an impact on my super oily and acne-prone face. This cleanser turned out to be exactly what I've needed all along.

I have sensitive skin and this product is very exfoliating so I use it lightly every morning and night. I waited a while to write this review, because prolonged use of the Liz Earle C&P twice a day caused me to come up in loads of rashy bumps! This hasn't irritated my face at all even with the frequent use. As I said, it's so coarse anyway so I apply it to a wet face and kinda swish it around instead of scrubbing. Then I wipe it all off with a cloth. This cleanser makes my face feel so fresh and clean.

It smells good and I can't think of a better way to package it so I like the packaging. It's not travel-friendly, but I'd just pop it in a ziplock bag. Also, I don't think it's very messy. I fill the sink with water, get a little bit on my palm, wet it and roll it around in my hands until it's broken down. I wipe it off with a cloth, rinse the cloth and give the sink a quick wipe round with a different cloth and done.
This cleanser also seems to help keep my oil at bay throughout the day as well. I have always used an oil mattifying lotion under my makeup anyway but since starting this cleanser, I've noticed that I can pretty much go a whole day with no oil! Amazing :D

The price is great for the great quality of this cleanser, 100g goes a long way too so I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by PHM517

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love lush products but this cleanser is not for me. It did not help with my acne, which is okay, nothing works for everyone. But, it really does stain my face! I don't know if it is because I am oily or dry (seriously I'm both) or because I am so fair. It stains my skin with black smudges no matter how much I rinse and tone. Even after I moisturize, I still have some! Crazy! I personally like angels on bar skin which is milder, doesn't stain and helps my acne and skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

Great cleanser a little bit too harsh to use everyday overall it's fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by loriorio

I use this cleanser on a regular basis and it actually was my first Lush purchase. I've struggled with my skin since hitting puberty and nothing ever really worked for me. A friend took me to Lush to buy soaps and, after chatting with a clerk about my skin, I walked out with this cleanser to try. After one use, I saw and felt immediate results. My skin was smooth and clean and super soft to the touch. For the first week of using this, I did break out a bit since this product actually draws dirt and oil from deep in the pores to the surface. I kept using it though and the break outs desisted over time and now my pores are visibly smaller! Some other reviews have commented on how abrasive this is but if you have sensitive skin, just use a gentle hand. More people complain about it being messy. I usually use it in the shower to avoid cleanup but if I use it in the sink, I just make sure to be careful not to splash about everywhere. I've never had a problem with this leaving a residue on my face but I do sometimes get little black sugar grains under my nails. The Lush product deets suggest to use this once a week and I don't use it more often than that unless I'm going out with thick, heavy makeup and need to wash it off. For me, Dark Angels keeps oil slicks at bay, exfoliates, refines pores, and clears my skin of blemishes. This cleanser = love. It has become part of my regular routine and I couldn't live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by blondevixentn

I absolutely love Dark Angels. I use this every night in the shower. It leaves my skin very clean without drying it out too much. This cleanser is incredibly exfoliating and really gets the pores clean. My skin has cleared up so much since I started using this product. Sometimes I use Coal face soap along with this product for a "super" cleaning.