L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

2.6

OMG! Hello Racoon Eyes!!! It is awful!!! it flaked and smudged all over me and no matter how much I freakin tried to take it off I had to rub like crazy to get off...........no no no! This one belongs in the trash! I've never given any product such a bad review but even after making sure I dust trancelucent poder around my eyes so as not to smudge the mascara this one was everywhere but my lashes. yuck! There are many other choices in the drugstore. Just pass on this one.

on 5/1/2012 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I buy waterproof so it lasts. Five minutes after applying this stuff, it's flaking in my eyes. In the course of the day I need to keep wiping or I get raccoon eyes. I've been using mascara daily for more than 40 years and this is absolutely the worst!

on 4/23/2012 4:34:00 PM

I absolutely disliked this mascara with a passion when I had this. First off....loreal you must have some weird ideas on what a waterproof mascara
must be cause this is not waterproof at all.
I have a monolid so that means I have stick straight lashes thats hard to notice because the eye skin folds over my lashes a bit.
this mascara is to wet of a formula to work for me......thats all I need to say oh and that I had raccoon eyes in less then a hour.

maybe i'll give this a shot again in the future but as for now...no

on 4/21/2012 3:37:00 PM

This mascara did not work for me at all. The formula is very black but way too wet: a bad combination! It smudges like crazy, and I found it difficult to apply as well. I have thin sparse lashes and this mascara made them crunchy and droopy. It smudges almost right after application. There was really nothing positive except the natural brush, which I prefer. I paid around 6 bucks at Target for mine. I have tried using it before and after my go to mascara and nothing seemed to work out. I really wanted to like this as I have seen so many youtubers use it, but I feel better after seeing reviews here!

on 4/21/2012 2:33:00 PM

I've worn Loreal Mascara for years and thought I'd try this for a change and absolutely hated it. After about 2 hrs of wear, I looked like a raccoon under my eyes because of how much it smudges. It's embarrassing to work in a professional office & then realizing how bad my makeup looks after such a short time. Thankfully the store gave me my money back. I've used an eye moisturizer for years and my mascara hasn't ever smudged. Didn't Loreal test this product on several women's skin types? Doesn't appear so.

on 4/20/2012 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love the color of this mascara, but the formula is just way too wet. I end up wiping most of it on a tissue and it is still goopy. It flakes too. Save your money and buy CG Lash Blast.

on 4/20/2012 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Gorgeous black color but yes, this does smear/smudge like crazy! I have dry skin so I wear an oil based concealer under my eyes and this mascara does not hold up to ANY oil whatsoever. Yes, it is technically waterproof - but if you have oily skin or use an oil-based concealer, foundation or eyeshadow, you will end up with smudges under your eyes and/or on your upper eyelids. It's too bad because this IS a beautiful, deep, rich black color and it lengthens and thickens nicely. The smudge factor though makes this virtually unwearable for even light wear (no physical activity, etc,). Shame on L'Oreal - who also own Lancôme and Maybelline and therefore clearly know better! - for making such a product. If you have dry skin and use no oil near your eyes, this might work for you - otherwise, skip it. No, I'm not repurchasing ;-). I'm trying Tarte's Lights, Camera, Splashes next.

on 4/19/2012 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really dislike this mascara. I always buy waterproof because my lashes are very long. Waterproof mascara is the only way I can get them to stay up and hold a curl all day long without drooping. This mascara is so goopy! I have to take the applicator and wipe off the excess product, then it STILL manages to smear all over me when I apply it. I never have this problem with other brands so I know it is not the way that I am applying it. I use an eyelash curler before applying mascara and this mascara weighs down my lashes so much that they lose their curl immediately. It does nothing for my lashes except darker them. It doesn't lengthen or thicken. I should have returned it right away.

on 4/11/2012 10:41:00 PM

I have to agree whole-heartedly with a lot of the other reviewers.. this is a good mascara, but it's NOT a waterproof mascara. Every new mascara I try (and I'm a mascara junkie) I give the wear-it-in-the-shower test and see how it fairs. Most drugstore waterproof mascaras fair pretty well, but not this one. Sadly, a good deal of the mascara washed off. Otherwise, it's a beautifully inky black and it gave me great volume and length. Would have been my favorite mascara!

on 3/31/2012 3:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have been using this mascara for several years now and honestly no other mascara comes close for thickness and staying power and just plain blackness! I have longish lashes anyway but I still need mascara. This stuff is always what I go to. It's indestructible even during a long work day, swimming, vacations, everything. And it's just so....black!

Popular Mascaras