October 25, 2014 | 1517 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this mascara for several years now and honestly no other mascara comes close for thickness and staying power and just plain blackness! I have longish lashes anyway but I still need mascara. This stuff is always what I go to. It's indestructible even during a long work day, swimming, vacations, everything. And it's just so....black!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by CombYourFace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised by the low rating of this product. Its my GO-TO mascara because of its staying power and volume it gives my lashes. Like some drug store mascara, this product does not leave black dried flaky remnants at the end of the day. I can see the product being difficult to apply, but once you get the hang of it, this product is AMAZING. It holds my curls ALL DAY. I have sparse eyelashes that tend to weigh down. With this baby, my lashes are voluminous, curled and fluttery flirtatious! However, the mascara does not give length.. Its ability to volumize and hold curl all day makes it my favorite mascara.

The only con about this product is the applicator. Its big and bulky which makes it difficult to apply on the bottom lashes without getting it onto the skin. To avoid this, you must tilt your head down in order to apply to the bottom lashes, same goes for the eyelashes.. You must tilt your head up so it doesn't get onto your crease.

I recommend this product. Its 6 bucks, you're not losing an arm and a leg. Give it a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by polupuakenikeni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

my lashes: pin-straight and hardly holds a curl with regular mascara.

i would give this five full stars, but it's NOT waterproof. after a few hours, there is some smudges under my eyes. and i don't even touch my eyes or do anything to have smudges under my eyes. such a HUGE downer!

but it does hold a curl, lengthening, thickening, and it's really pigmented. it kind of gives me a fake lash effect, too. i've gotten plenty of compliments on my eyelashes while wearing this mascara. but i have to check every now and then if it smudges.

since there are more pros than cons, i'd repurchase. but the fact that it's not a true waterproof mascara and smudges, i'd only wear this sparingly.

otherwise, this would be the perfect mascara. but, alas, there is no such thing as perfect. the closest to it would be lashblast waterproof, but it's not thickening.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For a waterproof mascara, this sucks!!! Such a shame because it really does make my lashes voluminous and lush. However after using it for a day and not even halfway into the day, this mascara gave me raccoon eyes. I apply this to my lower lashes and it smudged and transferred sooooo bad and I wasn't even sweating so I could only imagine if I was. Would not repurchase this mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by ojgornall

Even in waterproof this mascara smudges and after 4-6 hours I get a racoon eye. Although, this may be due to the fact that I have Asian eyes.
This does NOT hold a curl. It is very cheap though.
It smells weird, like pen ink, alcohol, and fruit.
I would have thrown it away, but I don't have money for new mascara so I'm stuck with it for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by lizsarahit

This is my all time favorite mascara. I have bought high end mascaras and none get the job done as well as this one does! I have really straight flat eyelashes and this mascara gives them a nice curl and it last ALL day!! When they say this mascara is waterproof, believe me they are not lying!!! That is my only complaint, that it can be pretty hard to take off if you don't have a good makeup remover. I will definitely buy this again!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by driggi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yikes, what a mess with the flaking and smudging. Do not dare sleep in this one unless you want to wake up looking like a raccoon. I would not recommend this mascara at all :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by mingtangdynasty

Due to my puny, straight Asian eyelashes, I've used mascara every day for the last 19 years. No matter which new product out there comes along, it never compares to L'Oreal's Voluminous Waterproof (swithed to Carbon Black in the last couple of years). It HOLDS the curl I've labourously gotten from the eyelash curler, it coats the lashes without clumping, gives a rich, dark colour to them and it STAYS. I have oily skin and by curling my lashes first then applying Voluminous WP, the lashes stay off my skin.

I wear contacts and teach GroupEx cardio classes at the gym and it lasts (not as pristine as before sweating but it doesn't smear).

Removal is easy with the appropriate remover (Sephora's Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover + cotton pad). I cannot sing it's praises enough. Seriously the best mascara for my lashes!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by sushi288

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product smudges within hours of application and gives me some hardcore raccoon eyes. It is disappointing because it is almost perfect in every other way. It's lengthening, gives nice volume, a very dark black color, and is clump free...so it has the potential unless you have oily lids like me. I tried to wait til the formula dried up a bit and also used it with another mascara, but I couldn't deal with the smudging any more. Maybe it works with someone with dry skin and not hooded eyelids?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Les281

Im surprised by the bad reviews. I absolutely love this mascara!!!! I didnt realize I had it in waterproof formula till just recently. Everytime I apply a thin coat of maybelline full n soft waterproof. B/c its waterproof it will hold the curl of the lashes better, I let that dry and then apply this mascara and I get the most full/ dark lashes E-V-E-R!