L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

2.6

on 4/21/2012 2:33:00 PM

I've worn Loreal Mascara for years and thought I'd try this for a change and absolutely hated it. After about 2 hrs of wear, I looked like a raccoon under my eyes because of how much it smudges. It's embarrassing to work in a professional office & then realizing how bad my makeup looks after such a short time. Thankfully the store gave me my money back. I've used an eye moisturizer for years and my mascara hasn't ever smudged. Didn't Loreal test this product on several women's skin types? Doesn't appear so.

on 4/20/2012 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love the color of this mascara, but the formula is just way too wet. I end up wiping most of it on a tissue and it is still goopy. It flakes too. Save your money and buy CG Lash Blast.

on 4/20/2012 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Gorgeous black color but yes, this does smear/smudge like crazy! I have dry skin so I wear an oil based concealer under my eyes and this mascara does not hold up to ANY oil whatsoever. Yes, it is technically waterproof - but if you have oily skin or use an oil-based concealer, foundation or eyeshadow, you will end up with smudges under your eyes and/or on your upper eyelids. It's too bad because this IS a beautiful, deep, rich black color and it lengthens and thickens nicely. The smudge factor though makes this virtually unwearable for even light wear (no physical activity, etc,). Shame on L'Oreal - who also own Lancôme and Maybelline and therefore clearly know better! - for making such a product. If you have dry skin and use no oil near your eyes, this might work for you - otherwise, skip it. No, I'm not repurchasing ;-). I'm trying Tarte's Lights, Camera, Splashes next.

on 4/19/2012 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really dislike this mascara. I always buy waterproof because my lashes are very long. Waterproof mascara is the only way I can get them to stay up and hold a curl all day long without drooping. This mascara is so goopy! I have to take the applicator and wipe off the excess product, then it STILL manages to smear all over me when I apply it. I never have this problem with other brands so I know it is not the way that I am applying it. I use an eyelash curler before applying mascara and this mascara weighs down my lashes so much that they lose their curl immediately. It does nothing for my lashes except darker them. It doesn't lengthen or thicken. I should have returned it right away.

on 4/11/2012 10:41:00 PM

I have to agree whole-heartedly with a lot of the other reviewers.. this is a good mascara, but it's NOT a waterproof mascara. Every new mascara I try (and I'm a mascara junkie) I give the wear-it-in-the-shower test and see how it fairs. Most drugstore waterproof mascaras fair pretty well, but not this one. Sadly, a good deal of the mascara washed off. Otherwise, it's a beautifully inky black and it gave me great volume and length. Would have been my favorite mascara!

on 3/31/2012 3:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have been using this mascara for several years now and honestly no other mascara comes close for thickness and staying power and just plain blackness! I have longish lashes anyway but I still need mascara. This stuff is always what I go to. It's indestructible even during a long work day, swimming, vacations, everything. And it's just so....black!

on 3/24/2012 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm surprised by the low rating of this product. Its my GO-TO mascara because of its staying power and volume it gives my lashes. Like some drug store mascara, this product does not leave black dried flaky remnants at the end of the day. I can see the product being difficult to apply, but once you get the hang of it, this product is AMAZING. It holds my curls ALL DAY. I have sparse eyelashes that tend to weigh down. With this baby, my lashes are voluminous, curled and fluttery flirtatious! However, the mascara does not give length.. Its ability to volumize and hold curl all day makes it my favorite mascara.

The only con about this product is the applicator. Its big and bulky which makes it difficult to apply on the bottom lashes without getting it onto the skin. To avoid this, you must tilt your head down in order to apply to the bottom lashes, same goes for the eyelashes.. You must tilt your head up so it doesn't get onto your crease.

I recommend this product. Its 6 bucks, you're not losing an arm and a leg. Give it a try.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

my lashes: pin-straight and hardly holds a curl with regular mascara.

i would give this five full stars, but it's NOT waterproof. after a few hours, there is some smudges under my eyes. and i don't even touch my eyes or do anything to have smudges under my eyes. such a HUGE downer!

but it does hold a curl, lengthening, thickening, and it's really pigmented. it kind of gives me a fake lash effect, too. i've gotten plenty of compliments on my eyelashes while wearing this mascara. but i have to check every now and then if it smudges.

since there are more pros than cons, i'd repurchase. but the fact that it's not a true waterproof mascara and smudges, i'd only wear this sparingly.

otherwise, this would be the perfect mascara. but, alas, there is no such thing as perfect. the closest to it would be lashblast waterproof, but it's not thickening.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For a waterproof mascara, this sucks!!! Such a shame because it really does make my lashes voluminous and lush. However after using it for a day and not even halfway into the day, this mascara gave me raccoon eyes. I apply this to my lower lashes and it smudged and transferred sooooo bad and I wasn't even sweating so I could only imagine if I was. Would not repurchase this mascara.

on 3/4/2012 7:17:00 PM

Even in waterproof this mascara smudges and after 4-6 hours I get a racoon eye. Although, this may be due to the fact that I have Asian eyes.
This does NOT hold a curl. It is very cheap though.
It smells weird, like pen ink, alcohol, and fruit.
I would have thrown it away, but I don't have money for new mascara so I'm stuck with it for a while.