Givenchy Photo'Perfexion 100% Natural Complexion 0 Flaw

on 10/25/2010 8:53:00 AM

I went to sephora trying to get matt velvet from MUFE but the assistant recommend this one. So, i got it on half on my face and prefer this one over MUFE coz my cheeks are dry during of winter. Coverage is light no masky or heavy feeling at all. Somehow the color its a bit light for my yellow undertones skin i got this #4 perfect vanilla. MUFE has my perfect color match #40 or 35. Very pricey, application is tricky. I tried using flat top brush it really emphasizes my large pores on my cheeks. Best apply with my fingers. Gives radiance and non drying coz it has some moisturizing property in it. Unfortunately, i cant return this in dubai...

on 8/22/2010 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

i like all givenchy products. in fact among all the HE brands, YSl, givenchy and Guerlain are my top three. i haven't found anything from givenchy unsatisfying. this is an amazing liquid foundation, one of the best i have ever used. it is such an all-rounded product. it give my skin fresh healthy attractive glow, not shimmery or sparkly, just a beautiful finish when you are done with application, you cant ask for more. it is light weight, doesn't look like a mask. at the same time it is covering imperfection really well without being a matt finish, which is something i like about this. it doesn't make my dry skin look dull.just my skin, but better. when i used it, i realized i used concealer less than when i used Revlon CS which claims to be full coverage.i think it is the light-adjusting property of this product that does the trick.love love love this. the application is a bit tricky as it dries very fast, so either you need to work fast with a brush(i recommend), or you work with tiny little amount of product each time. it is somewhat time-consuming to work with it but it is totally worth it.

on 8/22/2010 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing, it makes my skin glow. It is not cakey. When you have it, you don't have to own a concealer. Sometimes, I use it as a concealer to highlight my eyes. It works perfectly.

on 5/23/2010 7:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I find this foundation does not last long at all. I use around 2 pumps on my face and after a few hours I notice that I can see the blemishes on my chin area. I have tried applying this with a flat brush, stippling brush, fingers, over primer, not over primer, on its own and mixed with superfit from clinique (for extra coverage) but i ALWAYS find that it wears off easily. I bought this after I used all of my chanel pro lumiere and was hoping for something a little less shiny than the chanel but still with a glow, I dont think think this foundation gives much of a glow. I paid £30 for my chanel and £28 for the givenchy but later found that chanel contained 30ml where as the givenchy only has 25ml! I would not repurchase this foundation.

on 5/18/2010 10:27:00 AM

I tried a swatch of this on my hand and loved the way it felt. It blended nicely into my skin and seemed to make my pores slightly diminish. so I had my SIL get me a bottle in the same color...I should've tried it on my face first.

After trying it on my face, I was a little disappointed as it didnt seem to give me the results I expected based on how it was on my hand, probably due to the larger pores and extra flaws.

Pros:

Nice smell
Doesn't dry too quickly (workable for blending)
Ok coverage although it is buildable if you need more
Little bit goes a long way

Cons:

Expensive
I expected more results for the price I paid (i.e. no "photo perfection" effects)
Looks chalky on ruddy areas of skin, otherwise blends nicely on non-problematic areas

I also havent noticed any issues with oiliness. Now I just use it to lighten up my Clinique foundation that I'm trying to use up as I hate wasting products.

on 3/20/2010 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this foundation. I tend to use this one everyday. I use the shade #4 Vanilla and it matches perfect. I use the Sephora 55 airbrush to buff it in. I do use other foundations but they tend to always be a tad to yellow if I am not careful. This foundation reminds me of GA LSF just not as yellow and it does not show up every dry flake on my skin. I will repurchase.

I tried this several times in Sephora (testing for shade match), looking for a replacement for my Nars (in discontinued Budapest) Oil Free. I also wanted a slightly more moisturising foundation as I'm using Retin A and my skin is drier than it used to be.

I liked the texture (light and pleasant smelling) and 7 (Perfect Gold) was just the right shade for yellow toned medium skin like mine. And that's as far as the love affair got.

Within 2 hours my skin was a mess - not just oily but almost luminously so, and the foundation seemed to have disappeared by the 3rd/4th hour of wear. I usually blot once in the morning but when using this I have to do it three times.

Very disappointed and won't be buying again.

on 2/12/2010 5:01:00 AM

Lightweight, but still kind of greasy, but the weird kind of greasy, it does get oil slick on the t-zone where my skin is slightly oilier, but on drier parts it looks chalky. Maybe it gets better with a primer underneath. Shades are nice, 04 and 05 both look nice on me, but I like 04 better - gives more radiant look.
Also the coverage is a bit weak, it doesn't cover dark circles or red acne marks, but it evens out skin tone and get rid of the slight redness I have.
So I'm not a huge fan of this, mainly because of the light coverage and the chalky texture on drier parts. Otherwise it would be nice, colors are good, and the built in sunscreen did look promising, since very few foundations offer both UVA and UVB protection as far as I know.

on 2/7/2010 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've been using this for a few weeks and I really like it so far. I got this in perfect petal, which is a good match for my fair, pink-toned skin, but it can sometimes appear orangey. This foundation does a lovely job of evening out my skintone and covering redness, but it does not cover up old acne scars/pimples well enough, so I find that a concealer is needed. This gives my skin a nice glow without making me look like a greaseball (I have oily skin). I do need to blot after a few hours, but that's usually a given for me. It does emphasize dry skin though, so definitely moisturize well before applying. It smells nice (although very perfume-y). I also like the pump bottle, which keeps it sanitary. It's expensive, but I only need one pump for my face, so the bottle should last quite a while. Overall, I'm very pleased and if I don't find some reason to hate this, it would be a repurchase for me.
ETA: I've changed my rating from a 4 to a 2. This turns orange on me, and the lasting power is quite weak. I'll be returning this.

on 12/28/2009 3:13:00 AM

This is the best liquid foundation for me so far. i was able to match my skin perfectly. a little bit of this stuff and my makeup looks natural, my skin looks healthy. i'm surprised it didn't get better reviews but for me it worked. the only thing that i don't like about it is that it's not clothes-friendly. it stains scarfs, turtlenecks and stuff like that. overall, i would repurchase it. btw it smells nice too