July 26, 2014 | 1872 users online

Liquid - Givenchy - Photo'Perfexion 100% Natural Complexion 0 Flaw

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by carolynrelihan

I tried this several times in Sephora (testing for shade match), looking for a replacement for my Nars (in discontinued Budapest) Oil Free. I also wanted a slightly more moisturising foundation as I'm using Retin A and my skin is drier than it used to be.

I liked the texture (light and pleasant smelling) and 7 (Perfect Gold) was just the right shade for yellow toned medium skin like mine. And that's as far as the love affair got.

Within 2 hours my skin was a mess - not just oily but almost luminously so, and the foundation seemed to have disappeared by the 3rd/4th hour of wear. I usually blot once in the morning but when using this I have to do it three times.

Very disappointed and won't be buying again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 5:01:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lightweight, but still kind of greasy, but the weird kind of greasy, it does get oil slick on the t-zone where my skin is slightly oilier, but on drier parts it looks chalky. Maybe it gets better with a primer underneath. Shades are nice, 04 and 05 both look nice on me, but I like 04 better - gives more radiant look.
Also the coverage is a bit weak, it doesn't cover dark circles or red acne marks, but it evens out skin tone and get rid of the slight redness I have.
So I'm not a huge fan of this, mainly because of the light coverage and the chalky texture on drier parts. Otherwise it would be nice, colors are good, and the built in sunscreen did look promising, since very few foundations offer both UVA and UVB protection as far as I know.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by wetbandit42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few weeks and I really like it so far. I got this in perfect petal, which is a good match for my fair, pink-toned skin, but it can sometimes appear orangey. This foundation does a lovely job of evening out my skintone and covering redness, but it does not cover up old acne scars/pimples well enough, so I find that a concealer is needed. This gives my skin a nice glow without making me look like a greaseball (I have oily skin). I do need to blot after a few hours, but that's usually a given for me. It does emphasize dry skin though, so definitely moisturize well before applying. It smells nice (although very perfume-y). I also like the pump bottle, which keeps it sanitary. It's expensive, but I only need one pump for my face, so the bottle should last quite a while. Overall, I'm very pleased and if I don't find some reason to hate this, it would be a repurchase for me.
ETA: I've changed my rating from a 4 to a 2. This turns orange on me, and the lasting power is quite weak. I'll be returning this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best liquid foundation for me so far. i was able to match my skin perfectly. a little bit of this stuff and my makeup looks natural, my skin looks healthy. i'm surprised it didn't get better reviews but for me it worked. the only thing that i don't like about it is that it's not clothes-friendly. it stains scarfs, turtlenecks and stuff like that. overall, i would repurchase it. btw it smells nice too

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by shawnarawwwrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I chose to get this over MUFE HD(which dried my already dry skin). I got a good match, and it wore pretty well. It DOES easily transfer though(if you change your shirt with this on, it will no doubt get on your shirt). Also, caused me to breakout a bit. I really wanted to like this, but I can't. And for the price I'd have expected a little more from it. Also doesn't come with much for the price at ALL(25mL for 42$, a bit pricey) Would not recommend this, I wish I would have got a sample first. If you're looking to get this, get a sample so you can know if you really are wanting to spend your money on this not too good foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by carita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ever since Iíve noticed that my Diorskin Fluide is almost finished and since it is unfortunately discontinued, I began a quest for a new foundation. My skin is oily and, while I do not have heavy acne and I am not breakout prone, I can count on one acne per week. My pores are also very expanded. In spite of this I am not a fan of full and medium coverage foundations. What I require from the foundation is minimal coverage Ė the foundation simply needs to even-out my skin tone, cover slight discolourations and minimize the appearance of the pores.
Iíve been seriously considering this foundations ever since it has been launched and since Iíve heard many raves about this foundations on the various boards in my country, I almost bought it without even trying it. Luckily, a very generous SA gave me four 5ml samples of this foundations in 04 Perfect Vanilla and 06 Perfect Honey. Considering the fact that the full-size bottle of foundation contains 25ml, I can only thank the SA for providing me with so much samples and saving me some money.
The foundation is medium coverage, although it is possible to build it up to full coverage. It covers imperfections well, it doesnít emphasize pores. The good coverage doesnít bother me, because I mix the foundation with moisturizer and that way the coverage is much lighter. The finish is natural and the face indeed looks photoshoped.
It blends well into the skin. It is pretty longlasting and wonít disappear from the skin. It doesnít control oil and I think it is most suitable for those with normal/combination skin. It is lightly fragranced, I can barely feel the smell and it disappears after youíve put the foundation on. It doesnít oxidize.
It has SPF 20 PA+++ (titanium dioxide 3.16%, octinoxate (ethylhexil methoxycinnamate) 2.997%) which means that I can get away with no sunscreen during winter, but during summer I would use sunscreen.
Givenchy has a good range of shades, especially for fair skin ladies. I usually wear Dior 010 during winter and Dior 020 during summer and the shades that would match me in this foundation are 04, 05 and 06, although I get the perfect shade if I mix 04 and 06. 04 is light neutral while 05 has more yellowish tone. 06 is slightly darker and not as neutral as 04 neither yellow as 05. There are several even lighter shades, although their availability depends upon the country (in Croatia 03 is the lightest).
Now, what I really dislike about this foundation (and this is what put me off of buying the full-size) is that it feels heavy.Although it blends in pretty well and I canít see that Iím wearing a foundation if I look in the mirror, but I feel it sitting on my face and I donít like it when I can feel that I have a foundation on. I tried to ďdiluteĒ it by mixing it with Estee Lauder Spotlight, but even then the foundation felt heavy. If I pay so much for the foundation I expect it to be a perfection and this, sadly, isnít.
The foundation comes in a pump bottle, and it retails for around 40 euros, but keep in mind that the bottle contains only 25ml of the foundation, whereas the standard foundation packaging contains 30ml.
My actual grade would be more around 3.5, but Iím giving it 4 because this is a good foundation; itís just not for me.
The swatches of 04 and 06 can be found in my profile pictures.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by crazy76

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

actually my mum bought it for her but colour came out to be lighter so she gave it to me since I have fairer skin.I really don't see any wow factor here.It tends to emphasise my dry flakies and looks cackey and orange especially on sides of my nose no matter how i apply it(I have tried applying it with foundation brush,fingers and sponge after moisturising my skin first) .it looks ok in the evening but it looks obvious on daylight and its kinda dissapointing becouse I expected better results with this..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PROS: Buildable coverage. Nice finish.
CONS: Too watery in texture. Expensive. VERY ORANGEY (I had 6 - Soft Honey).

I tried a sample, and there is no way would I purchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by m241187n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros:
-Color match was close and nice (perfect ivory).
-Blending was easy and the foundation melted into my skin.
-Coverage was buildable, natural, semi-matte and a touch radiant (dusted with the Givenchy loose powder it was perfect).
-Nice SPF and claimed UVA protection.
Cons:
-25 ml per bottle is too little for too much (most foundations have 30 ml in them).
-No staying power- it was on my face all day and I had to blot, retouch, powderÖyou name it.
-Not transfer proof- stained everything from hands to clothes. When I used a napkin it was all over it (and I was barely wearing any).
-Not suitable for hot humid weather- I usually wear TM or a sunscreen, but had to look presentable for work- started melting. Canít imagine what it would have looked like after a few hours outside during the summer (anybody need some oil to BBQ some ribs?)
Conclusion: itís nice if you need to look good for a few hours during the winter (when it stays on your face), otherwise- there are better products out there. By the way, I didnít know if fragrance was a pro or a con- it has a very strong smell (which I love love love), I like the fragrance Givenchy adds to the MU, but it might cause irritation (not that I had any).

Good luck if you decide to buy this :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2009 3:47:00 AM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So many different liquid foundations have tried and failed on my face recently-this particular one is still in the 'Wait & See' category...not yet to be 'forget and regret'-neither is it HG for me-yet. For my initial application, I forgot to shake the bottle. It has a light, floral fragrance, and equally light (fluid) texture. It can tend to highlight flaky skin on me, so moisturizing beforehand is likely a helpful hint. This looked worryingly slightly orange in both the bottle, and when tested on the back of my hand, but lightened considerably on my exceptionally pale, pale face. Prior to using this, my favorite liquid foundation was from Orlane, however, it was slightly too dark for the impending Fall gloom, and it didn't have sunscreen (unlike this product, which does). The packaging is a pump, with a thick black square cap, and the Givenchy signature squares embossed on the top of the lid. Clunky, yet sassy, in a strange way. A downside for me is that I can't imagine wearing this much in the daytime, which is really rather unfortunate. It has too much of a theatrical, dramatic look to it. I suppose that it could be understated, if applied with a more delicate hand, but I'm a notorious taker or a leaver where makeup application is concerned. So...time will tell, and I will update, when I'm convinced that this is more or less worthy of additional stars, or not.