November 25, 2014 | 1736 users online

Eyeliner - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay in Place Eye Pencil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by muxy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yesterday as an experiment, I used Estee Lauder's Artist's Eye Pencil on one eye, and this product on the other eye. I made sure they looked the same in the mirror in the morning. By the evening, the Artist's Eye Pencil had faded and lost much of the definition. The eye with the Double Wear pencil still looked good, the lines still had definition and weren't anywhere near as faded. I have very oily skin and most makeup just doesn't make it through the day, but this product lasts better than others.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was excited to try this after reading all the positive reviews on MUA. Unfortunately, this has not really lived up to my hopes. I have dark brown eyes and very fair skin, so I like to use a dark brown liner on the waterline because it makes my eyes look lighter and more dimensional. My HG liner up to this point has been Benefit in Sable, but since that is meant to be a very smudgy pencil, it doesn't last long on the waterline and I end up with brown lines in the fine creases under my eyes (these creases are new to me in the last year). I was hoping that this product would do better. Unfortunately, it doesn't really; it smudges off almost as much as other pencil liners I've tried, and the color is only OK (not nearly as good for me as Sable).

I also notice a very weird side effect of this liner, which is that my upper and lower lids sort of stick together after my eyes squeeze shut (for example from laughing). It's a very weird sensation trying to open your eyes and having to kind of make an effort to get the lids apart. I also noticed this same problem with L'Oreal's Infallible liner so I have a feeling that it has something to do with whatever they are putting in the formula to make it (supposedly) longer lasting. I bought the Infallible during the time I was waiting to get to a department store and buy the Double Wear. All things considered these two liners seem about the same and I think the Infallible is several dollars cheaper -- if I had it to do over again I would skip the pricey Double Wear. Will not repurchase.

UPDATE -- I actually now think this product is even WORSE than originally reported for the following reason... sharpening it leaves a sharp seam along the edge of the pencil just above the the tip. It's almost impossible not to scrape yourself while lining your eyes. It's SO BAD, no one on EL's product development team noticed this? Terrible product for real.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 8:55:00 AM More reviews by mrstrii

I'm sorry to spoil a perfect rating but this faded on me by lunch :( I have this in Graphite.

MAC had longer staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I'm starting to love this more than some of my Urban Decay 24/7 pencils mainly because of the lack of metallic and glitter. Sometimes you just get tired of it. I wanted to replace Bourbon, so I purchased this in Coffee which is a dark brown w/o metallic or glitter. This comes in 7 different shades and has a smudger on the other end of the pencil. It's just as easy to apply and it wears about the same as UD 24/7. I found this easier to sharpen (after freezing) and I can get a finer tip on this using the same sharpener I used for UD. Will definitely look into other colors in the future.

Update 9/30/09 - I just bought this in Forest and I love it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by g0ldeel0xxs

I love love love love love love times infinity, doesn't smudge or run. I have the oiliest eyelids, and waterline, watery eyes.. this product STAYS put for 12+ hours like it says. It glides on so smooth too, it doesn't tug at your eyelid after you put on eyeshadow like some eyeliners do. I absolutely love it, I wish they would have made it sooner. My HG eyeliner, for a pencil. Go and buy this. You won't regret it. It's about $17.00, completely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Holly40

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smooth application and stays put all day. I put it in my waterline...it's worth the price. Come off easily too, with remover Take it Away.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by karen137972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This eyeliner is FANTASTIC! I work out doors all day and it stays on all day. They have some really great colors (I have bronze and coffee) and it goes on very smoothly. Great product and true to its name. I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by yshah0621

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

-great staying power, lasts through a night of dancing
- great on the lower lash line too, doesnt run or smudge
- very soft and doesn't tug my skin at all
- smudges well with the provided smudger end, but it sets quickly

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by apelsinka

I have it in forest. I was not sure that it will look good on my blue-grey eyes, but it turned out to be perfect. It looks almost black, but not that harsh, and more interesting than brown eye liners look. The consistency is very smooth, not too creamy, not too dry. I want to try other colors too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 4:36:00 AM More reviews by gore0030

The greatest eyeliner I have ever used. I have the black double wear eye liner and I use it mainly on my upper lid but all so on my water line and it goes on smooth and its staying power is amazing. Even after a cardio work out at the gym, it stays put or a ten hour shift at work my make up looks as if I just applyed it (I also use double wear foundation) I must say well done estee Lauder you really got this one right.