Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara (Thickening)

3.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is decent mascara but I'll go back to my old standby L'Oreal's Voluminous. This mascara is a bit too dry for me - it seems to take at least 3 coats for me to get the same coverage as Voluminous. Again, not a bad mascara, just not for me. Edit: I'm actually not impressed with this at all. I have to keep applying to get any kind of volume plus it makes my lashes crunchy. Hate that!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this mascara i only needed 2 coats and my lashes got thicker and longer. I got a lot of compliments whenever i wore this today. And what i really is the conditioning part of this mascara, it keeps them soft. My friends started using this and she told me how much she loved it because it made her lashes grow, so i tried it and i love it too! I will def purchase again

I got this mascara in black brown and so far very happy with it. The color is lovely. It goes on so evenly and doesn't clump on my lashes. It is the only mascara I own that doesn't flake. I think it is being discontinued which is a pity.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I got this in a 2 for 1 deal and gave the other one away to a friend. I
overall, this is a good mascara.
after a whole day at work it doesn't clump, and is stays put most of the day
it doesn't really thick my lashes too much tho and it weights my lashes down
i guess i'm still hoping for the perfect mascara for my mini eyelashes

as for the one coat claim...I don't think it live up to that expectation

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I used to think this was so-so, then I realized, if you put on a lengthening mascara on first, then put this on it is fab-u-lous! Lasts all day, doesn't flake or smudge.

I really wanted to like this product, honestly. I love buying mascaras and this one coat thickening gimmick really attracted my attention. This was actually a really average mascara, I loved the packaging, it was quite cute but definitely DID NOT thicken my lashes at all.

For reference I have stick straight asian lashes, they are kinda short and are very fine, I haven't found the ideal volumizing mascara yet so I went for this of course. I've had it for about 2 months now and can honestly say it lengthens more than it thickens, which really irritates me. Lengthening on the other hand isn't bad, I liked but seriously it did not do what it was suppose to.

I will not repurchase this and I deem this absolutely useless when thickening.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I really didn't like this product, but then again I like a more dramatic look. I found I had to put on a lot of layers just to be somewhat happy with it. What I did like about it was that it isn't clumpy at all and didn't flake off.

I'll probably keep using it as an every day mascara for work when I want a more subtle look anyway, but I definitely won't purchase again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This dried out faster than any mascara I've used. It stayed on nicely and was cheap, but other than that there wasn't anything special about it. The formula was just too dry, and I had a hard time building it up to the intensity I wanted. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it. What can I say. Three stars for average-ness.

This is pretty much my favorite mascara. I have short, thin lashes and this plumps them more than any drugstore mascara I've tried. Borderline DiorShow quality if you ask me.. I think I like this even better! I prefer to put it on top of a lenthening mascara though I do find that this mascara both lengthens and thickens on it's on.. Possible HG material.. :)

**********Update:(11/6/2013) I'm updating many reviews. I don't use this anymore. Voluminous by Loreal is pretty much my hg drugstore mascara I always go back to. I don't know if they changed the formula in one coat or what but I didn't like it the last time I got it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm always on the hunt to try new mascaras and I thought this one was ok overall. It thickens a bit and doesn't flake. I think it's alright for every day, but I didn't find it to be anything special.

Popular Mascaras