Laura Mercier translucent loose powder

4.1

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 10/23/2010 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Makes my makeup last all day, controls oil but doesnt set too matte, imparts a glow, and makes my pores dissapear! What more could a girl want?

on 10/23/2010 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

okay. my friend loves this product and suggested me to try it out. so i bought it and I've been using this for almost half a year, and i absolutely regret buying this!

i have really oily skin (like really!!!) and it does NOTHING in oil controlling whatsoever. okay, it does give you a really nice and soft feel when you first apply it on. but after 2 hours, i already see oil showing up! sigh.

i tried it with different primers (eg. MUA, smashbox, proactive, sheer cover, laneige etc) and with different foundations (e.g. armani, dior, MUA, bb cream, NARS etc.) and i swear, after these 6 months of experiments, it was a complete waste of time.

Even in winter, i was like an oil sleek! i think i might try out for MUA HD loose powder, since i've heard really good reviews on it's oil controlling properties.

on 10/17/2010 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love! Love! Love! I appy this right after my LM silk creme foundation. It gives me that flawless look. Foundation is also a gret product-full coverage. I have acne skin and very oily. You have to have atleast one or two touch up. But so much better than other powders. Yes, I will buy it again.

on 9/23/2010 8:29:00 AM

This did nothing for me except leave a smooth satin-y finish right after application.. which doesn't last for even an hour. Not to mention the price. Super expensive for something that does nothing. I have oily t-zone and I find that I blot more after using this setting powder. I'm not pleased at all. I'm a Laura Mercier fan (TM, Secret Camouflage etc) but not with this product. I'd be trying Kryolan anti-shine loose setting powder after finishing this one up.
Will not repurchase.

on 8/30/2010 1:49:00 AM

My first finishing powder and I love it.
I haven't had any experience with any other powder so I can't compare.
But this finishing powder has made my makeup stay on longer and made it wear away less. It doesn't totally contain my makeup, but it helps the staying powder a lot.

HG! I cannot wear liquid foundation with out this powder! If I didn't it would slide off with in the hour. I am sure there are cheaper alternatives but I have had so much luck with this and if it ain't broke why fix it?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I returned this product. It contains a small amount of cornstarch, which might feed bacteria on my skin and cause blemishes. I have acne-prone skin. The texture was great & the color was good for my fair skin. I have just recently learned that I must check for cornstarch as an ingredient.

on 6/27/2010 11:08:00 AM

When I bought this, as it was my first lose powder, I thought it was great. I started using it daily and due to my dark circles, I use a lot of concealer, this piles up and looks cakey and you can see spots of powder on my face! Luckily it rubs off easily.

The packing is great for traveling though, will continue using it when traveling (will adjust the amount I put on my face which will be minimal because I don't want spots of powder! Will try and rub it off), but will not buy again. Disappointed by the quality of product by Laura Mercier, I thought they were better than this.

on 6/12/2010 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I decided to go on a Laura Mercier rampage and bought all of the products including the foundations and this loose powder. I really loved the loose powder at first, it's very fine, it's not as messy as other powders I've tried and it did soak in the oil on my face. That is until I looked in the mirror 2 hours later. I had to constantly re apply this powder in order for it to work. Luckily I work at a resort where I get a discount for Laura Mercier products and I didn't end up spending as much as someone would on this product. Over all, I'm sticking to my drugstore loose powder that seemed to work better than this.

on 6/5/2010 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

HG - Best powder I have ever used. I have sensitive, dry skin. I don't break out with this powder and it doesn't feel or look heavy. Very light. Finishes makeup look very nicely.

Recommended for Normal Skin