April 23, 2014 | 1123 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - translucent loose powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by RhinestoneEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG! I cannot wear liquid foundation with out this powder! If I didn't it would slide off with in the hour. I am sure there are cheaper alternatives but I have had so much luck with this and if it ain't broke why fix it?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I returned this product. It contains a small amount of cornstarch, which might feed bacteria on my skin and cause blemishes. I have acne-prone skin. The texture was great & the color was good for my fair skin. I have just recently learned that I must check for cornstarch as an ingredient.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by 0rang3chan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I bought this, as it was my first lose powder, I thought it was great. I started using it daily and due to my dark circles, I use a lot of concealer, this piles up and looks cakey and you can see spots of powder on my face! Luckily it rubs off easily.

The packing is great for traveling though, will continue using it when traveling (will adjust the amount I put on my face which will be minimal because I don't want spots of powder! Will try and rub it off), but will not buy again. Disappointed by the quality of product by Laura Mercier, I thought they were better than this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by gbeatrizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to go on a Laura Mercier rampage and bought all of the products including the foundations and this loose powder. I really loved the loose powder at first, it's very fine, it's not as messy as other powders I've tried and it did soak in the oil on my face. That is until I looked in the mirror 2 hours later. I had to constantly re apply this powder in order for it to work. Luckily I work at a resort where I get a discount for Laura Mercier products and I didn't end up spending as much as someone would on this product. Over all, I'm sticking to my drugstore loose powder that seemed to work better than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by lillimariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

HG - Best powder I have ever used. I have sensitive, dry skin. I don't break out with this powder and it doesn't feel or look heavy. Very light. Finishes makeup look very nicely.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by ladydino

silky and very nice coverage....but it breaks me out....all of her products are very beautiful on if you use primer tm and powder to set, but they make me break out like crazy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nothing wrong with this product, I just wouldnt re-purchase because for the price, it doesn't do much. I have super oily skin and on top of Laura Mercier's tinted moisterizer, I was hoping this powder would be better at absorbing oil and it was only "okay" at doing so. I still needed to blot my nose after about 3 hours so this isn't a miracle product. It is, however, very good at being translucent. It literally disappears into my skin and creates a smooth, poreless look. I've decided to hang on to it, instead of returning it, because I do like how this powder sets my tinted moisterizer and helps it lasts longer, but for controlling oil...meh. I'll just continue being diligent about blotting my skin every so often..I'm used to it anyways. sigh. [EDIT] This powder really does help my tinted moisterizer last much longer! And I really like the soft, "blurred" look my skin gets.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by hitomitojite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, it is pretty expensive for a setting powder. (I guess most of the cosmetics nowadays are just overpriced anyway...)

Other than that, the product itself is pretty good. The texture is very fine. It is a very sheer powder, which provide no coverage at all, but then you should really let your foundation and concealer do the job. Have to be careful not to apply too much, as it can look a little white if you are not careful. If that happens, just use a brush and brush off the excess and you will be fine.

It leaves your face very soft. However, I can make my skin looks a little shinny after a few hours under the sun. Good thing is that it is translucent so even it does melt, it won't look too messy.

It is a pretty good product, just wish it is a little cheaper and come with a buff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

life changing!!! absolutely one of the best buys i've made in the past few years. i had sworn off all face powder years ago since all it did was make my skin look dry, dull and powdery. i swear it added years to my skin when i was the tender age of 23! however, i needed a product to set the concealer i apply everyday to my constant, very dark undereye circles and so recently i picked up LM's Secret Brightening Powder. it is a godsend! it sets my concealer and is TOTALLY invisible, no powdery, cakey, dry look whatsoever. i loved the SBP so much that i started using a sample of Shade 2 (more flesh-toned than Shade 1) all over my face because i've recently started wearing a moisturizer with SPF and it tends to make my skin kind of shiny, thereby requiring me to use a powder again. well when i stopped at the LM counter and was planning on buying the SBP in Shade 2 to use as an all over translucent face powder, the MA talked me into trying this Translucent Loose Powder which is actually made for all over the face. i was hesitant to try it because i've never found a loose powder that was truly invisible but this one really hits the mark!!! it's a ton of product packaged in a giant jar which will last me atleast a year used daily. as for the messiness factor, as long as you only uncover a few holes on the sifter, it isn't problematic at all and i only use it in the morning so i keep it at home. i take a small, fluffy brush and swirl it around in a little bit of the powder, then brush it all over my face and VOILA! perfect, non-shiny skin that doesn't look dry or cakey and doesn't have a HINT of detectable powder in sight. it's so finely milled that it just disappears on your skin and there is no dry or dusty feeling OR look left behind. my skin has been kind of finicky lately and this powder hasn't caused any clogged pores or breakouts, either. i absolutely adore this product, and will definitely repurchase! great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 7:41:00 AM More reviews by annannann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this loose powder...I always set my makeup with this...it works great for my oily skin...my skin looks and feels so smooth after I dust it over my face..definitely worth the money!!