Laura Mercier translucent loose powder

4.1

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 12/15/2010 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Update: I did get breakouts! I kept putting it off as hormonal but I stopped using it for a day or two and my skin improved significantly. STAY away if you're skin is acne-prone!

I was wary of this product because I bought it without realising this may cause me breakouts since it contains cornstarch.

But because of all the great reviews I decided to give it a go anyway. No regrets, this hasn't caused my face to break out! I have dry skin so maybe that could be the reason

It's a smooth powder and leaves my face shine free and looking better than with no powder.

I only ripped off some of the sticker so only a few holes are exposed, but I would prefer it if they made it more spill free.

on 12/5/2010 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have not purchased a full size of this product so I can't comment on the packaging. I have a trial sized and I LOVE this powder better than any other loose setting powder that I have tried and I have tried MANY!! This is so finely milled, it goes on like a dream and blends well. You don't need much at all. It lasts me until about mid day and then I touch up. I have oily skin so that's normal. This is a fabulous find and I would purchase the full sized version.

on 10/23/2010 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Makes my makeup last all day, controls oil but doesnt set too matte, imparts a glow, and makes my pores dissapear! What more could a girl want?

on 10/23/2010 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

okay. my friend loves this product and suggested me to try it out. so i bought it and I've been using this for almost half a year, and i absolutely regret buying this!

i have really oily skin (like really!!!) and it does NOTHING in oil controlling whatsoever. okay, it does give you a really nice and soft feel when you first apply it on. but after 2 hours, i already see oil showing up! sigh.

i tried it with different primers (eg. MUA, smashbox, proactive, sheer cover, laneige etc) and with different foundations (e.g. armani, dior, MUA, bb cream, NARS etc.) and i swear, after these 6 months of experiments, it was a complete waste of time.

Even in winter, i was like an oil sleek! i think i might try out for MUA HD loose powder, since i've heard really good reviews on it's oil controlling properties.

on 10/17/2010 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love! Love! Love! I appy this right after my LM silk creme foundation. It gives me that flawless look. Foundation is also a gret product-full coverage. I have acne skin and very oily. You have to have atleast one or two touch up. But so much better than other powders. Yes, I will buy it again.

on 9/23/2010 8:29:00 AM

This did nothing for me except leave a smooth satin-y finish right after application.. which doesn't last for even an hour. Not to mention the price. Super expensive for something that does nothing. I have oily t-zone and I find that I blot more after using this setting powder. I'm not pleased at all. I'm a Laura Mercier fan (TM, Secret Camouflage etc) but not with this product. I'd be trying Kryolan anti-shine loose setting powder after finishing this one up.
Will not repurchase.

on 8/30/2010 1:49:00 AM

My first finishing powder and I love it.
I haven't had any experience with any other powder so I can't compare.
But this finishing powder has made my makeup stay on longer and made it wear away less. It doesn't totally contain my makeup, but it helps the staying powder a lot.

HG! I cannot wear liquid foundation with out this powder! If I didn't it would slide off with in the hour. I am sure there are cheaper alternatives but I have had so much luck with this and if it ain't broke why fix it?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I returned this product. It contains a small amount of cornstarch, which might feed bacteria on my skin and cause blemishes. I have acne-prone skin. The texture was great & the color was good for my fair skin. I have just recently learned that I must check for cornstarch as an ingredient.

on 6/27/2010 11:08:00 AM

When I bought this, as it was my first lose powder, I thought it was great. I started using it daily and due to my dark circles, I use a lot of concealer, this piles up and looks cakey and you can see spots of powder on my face! Luckily it rubs off easily.

The packing is great for traveling though, will continue using it when traveling (will adjust the amount I put on my face which will be minimal because I don't want spots of powder! Will try and rub it off), but will not buy again. Disappointed by the quality of product by Laura Mercier, I thought they were better than this.

Recommended for Normal Skin