Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

4.1

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This translucent powder is great for setting foundation and concealer! It doesn't change the colour of your foundation at all, but instead gives it a very soft and smooth finish (without any chalkiness even if you do put a fair bit on!). Unfortunately, my skin is so oily and acne prone that it doesn't manage to keep the greasiness away for more than 3-4 hours. But i have a mini one of this so i can bring my mini kabuki brush with this for touch ups during the day after some oil blotting :) Although i would buy this again, i doubt i would ever need to because so little lasts a very long time!

This has lasted me ages. I bought it at least a year or two ago and am about half way through it. I use it daily to set my foundation & only need a small amount to do so. True to it's name, it doesn't really change the way the foundation looks besides mattifying it slightly. I dont find myself getting too oily using it (perhaps on a hot summers day).
Might try another brand when I finish this one just to compare.

Typically, I am a Laura Mercier fan, but the talc in this powder clogged my pores and caused my skin to break out. If only they made a talc-free version!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Been using this for about 4 years now--LOVE it! I understand why it wins so many awards and so many makeup artists love it so much. It sets your makeup, but never looks powdery or dry, just smooth and polished and beautiful. I use to set my LM mineral powder, too. It has no fragrance and comes in a sifter tub. I apply it by pressing it into my skin with the LM velour puff, then I brush off the excess. Gaaahh-juss!A little price-y, but worth it. Will repurchase, for sure.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I never used LM before, so I bought 2 products to compare - LM Translucent loose powder and Shiseido Translucent loose powder at Sephora - they're the almost same price (~ 30 something), same weight and from known brand.
Ok cut to the point, I found that both of them are fabulous.
The reason :

On the texture : LM has a very sheer coverage, as in you can't see the difference with the powder on, other than it is used to set the powder. This is a plus, but then, if I can't see the difference, why would I put it on ? And because the coverage is uper duper light, I don't think it controlled my oily part.
The grain of LM's is fine enough, but I find the Shiseido's more fine. It's like comparing salt grain to flour. On LM I can see the grain, but on Shiseido I can't, where it's like flour sticking together - which is why it's more messy on Shiseido because the flour-like substance flies out easily. I think that's the reason why Shiseido's create somehow a matte finish, while LM's doesn't change the texture of my foundation.

On the color : It's a good thing this LM powder doesn't change foundation color, even if overuse, so another plus. Comparing to Shiseido's , it cast a white shade on your face if you use too much of them.

On the staying power and oil control : It's now winter so I can't really test the oil control, but I do find that LM powder kind of disappear after 3 to 4 hours, while Shiseido's stays on. Or maybe it's just because the powder is too sheer I'm not sure.

So in brief I guess it all comes to the purpose of your makeup. If you think your foundation covers enough and don't need oil control, buy this Laura Mercier. But if you would want to cover some more and have a matte finish, consider other comparable brand like Shiseido.

I give it a 3, because I think it's a good powder, but not super super good to have no opponent - you can still look the same without this powder.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this powder. I used MAC blotting powder (too matte/ coloured/ powdery.. unnatural), moved onto the pressed version of this powder, and then finally bought the loose powder. This powder is definitely translucent, it doesn't impart any colour to my face, despite the light colour. It doesn't cake, or look powdery, and keeps my shine at bay! It actually leaves a rather soft 'glow' after application, so it's not too matte. I still use the LM pressed powder on the go.
I would repurchase, but I doubt I will be doing so for at least half a decade, since you get a huge amount of product in this container.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is my holy grail loose powder. I love it! I have dry skin and this powder does not highlight any dry spots. It sets my makeup perfectly and gives a soft glow, as if my skin was airbrushed. I also have this in compact form to keep in my bag for travel/touch-ups. The texture is light, finely milled, and exceptional in quality. I apply this using a puff instead of a brush.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like the Loose Powder in Ivory because it has a light hint of color in it, however it's no longer available. I really like the feeling of this powder. It doesn't leave my face too matte. It's enough matte, but still has a nice silky feeling to it.

I've recently rediscovered this product in my stash.
I bought the Flawless Face Kit and this powder was part of the under cover eye pot.

I was using BE Mineral Veil and it makes my face dry and itchy.
The LM powder is great. It does what it says and does not dry or break my skin out. I'll be purchasing a full size one when I use up this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

A lady at Sephora recommended this to me as I was looking at the MUFE HD setting powder. She said this LM translucent loose powder is the best she's used. I was sick of using BE Mineral Veil because it was drying. I noticed right away how much product you get for the price. They actually FILL the jar and you get 1 whole ounce! Bare Minerals powders have large containers and aren't even half full. When I bought the hydrating mineral veil, it was a huge container that fooled me and very little product inside. You get a ton of product with the LM. It feels much nicer on my face than Mineral Veil. It feels hydrating and soft and isn't drying. I will keep using this because I think it's a better buy for a better product.