Got 2 Be Guardian Angel Heat Protect N' Flatten Flat Iron Balm and Gloss Finish

3.5

Aqua (water), Alcohol Denat. VP/VA Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Sodium Laneth-40 Maleate/Styrene Sulfonate Copolymer, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, DMDM Hydantoin, Parfum (fragrance), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Butlyphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate

on 3/23/2010 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I cannot express how much I love this product! This is definitely my HG product as far as heat protectant and light weight holder. I often curl my hair ( I have a little bit past my shoulder brown hair, stick straight!!!) and love the romantic curl look. I often used to use a Paaul Mitchell heat protectant but it was way too heavy and my hair went limp before I was finished with one side! So, I read the reviews on here and another site and immediately went to CVS. When I bought it, it was a bonus pack and came with a mini blowdry lotion (the black bottle). Great right? Well, it gets better! The original price was about $6.50 but when I went to the counter and slid my CVS card, it came to about $4.50! So, I got a bonus and it was cheaper than what I thought! Thank God! Anywho, it does not make my hair limp and I love the smell! Love the cute packaging and I am now finding excuses to do my hair all the time just to use this!

on 3/15/2010 3:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I personally do not understand why people say this product leaves your hair feeling stiff and waxy. It has worked marvelously for me. It also suggests you spray it 8-10 inches away from your hair which most people don't do. They just saturate their hair; yet as long as you take care of your hair daily less is best when it comes to heat products. Lastly -- the type of hair straightener you own
plays a fairly large role in the outcome of your hair. If you have a good hair iron you shouldn't experience any tugging on your hair. That's just my opinion. I know in the past I haven't read
product labels and instructions and also have purchased products that are too damaging or just overpower the natural oils in my hair and cause buildup. All in all, this product works great for me! :)

on 3/14/2010 9:55:00 PM

Love it! Smells fruity! Makes me hair shiny too! Wish it was a little bigger though:)

Happy Shopping<3

on 2/18/2010 6:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Well this is the first protective spray for use with flat irons that I've bought. It seems to work ok enough, my hair looks much much better after straightening with this product than with nothing, though it doesn't provide exaclty the result I want (silky smooth shiny hair), my hair looks straight but a little puffy, not totally smooth, which makes it look like its dry although I don't think it is. I do have a good quality flat iron too, so I don't think that's the problem. I suppose as long as it does the job of protecting my hair from the direct heat then its fine. I would buy this again because it was so cheap (got it on sale for $3) but will probably try some other products whenever they go on sale.

I love this spray, I use it every time my flat iron touches my hair. It does seem to dry out my hair, and make it feel like hay, as some other heat protecting sprays do. The smell is a little odd, but I can live with that with the price, but after you flat iron your hair, there isn't any smell other then your shampoo.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This didnt work out for me. It made my hair harder to glide thru the iron and the results looked puffier than usual after straightening. Will not purchase again.

on 11/19/2009 7:32:00 PM

cute bottle, nice packaging! but that's about all the good things i have to say about this product. i've only tried it once and returned it the next day....it made my newly washed hair greasy and a little waxy. my scalp does tend to get oily and i need to wash my hair daily, but it's never gotten oily within 2 hours of washing. the smell's also a bit strange and not very likeable, but that's personal preference. i used the spray with a cortex straightener and didn't find that my hair looked any better. the curling/gloss finish equiv has very good ratings though, so i may still consider trying that one (this one's in a beige bottle, that one's white, don't mix them up!) :)

on 10/28/2009 8:10:00 PM

I've been looking for a (cheap) replacement for my $19 GHD heat protectant - and this is not it! When I sprayed the Heat Protect 'N Flatten on my hair, the first thing I noticed was that my hair sizzled. The second thing I noticed was that my GHD flat iron didn't glide through my hair - instead, I felt a rough resistance most likely due to the drying effect of this spray. After using this on a section of my hair, I decided to play it safe and stop using it. I was scared that this would ruin my hair and knew that saving a few bucks wouldn't be worth it.

Other things I disliked about this heat protect included the smell (it smelled like a sharper version of a Suave shampoo) and the crummy packaging (I couldn't control the bottle to get the right amount - it either sprayed too much or too little at a time, therefore I couldn't tell how coated my hair was).

I'll keep this bottle around for emergencies, but I won't be re-purchasing. This is my first encounter with a Schwarzkopf product (I've read that high end salons use their products and I've seen pseudo-celebrities endorsing the Got 2 Be line) but I just wasn't impressed.

on 10/18/2009 5:05:00 PM

I just recently purchased the got2b guardian angel 425F/220C Heat Protect 'N Blow Dry after my hair stylist told me I should be using a heat protent since I blow dry and straighten my hair everyday, and since I'm a fan of the Schwarzkopf line I decided to go with the got2b guardian angel; however I find my hair can go with out and that it really isn't serving any additional protection, I'll finish the bottle but I won't buy this one again and save myself some money.

on 10/5/2009 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Not impressed at all. Left my hair feeling rough and not sure it is doing any protecting. Too expensive for a drug store brand and I didn't see any improvement of my hair.