Got2B Guardian Angel Heat Protect N' Flatten Flat Iron Balm and Gloss Finish

3.5

Aqua (water), Alcohol Denat. VP/VA Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Sodium Laneth-40 Maleate/Styrene Sulfonate Copolymer, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, DMDM Hydantoin, Parfum (fragrance), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Butlyphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate

on 3/30/2010 4:35:00 PM

I actually wanted to purchase this line's Protect N' Curl spray but both CVS and Walgreens no longer carry it in my area. I was looking for an inexpensive product to protect and extend my curls while using my hot rollers. I figured since Schwarzkopf sells a multi-use spray for both flat ironing and curling, their drugstore brand may also have multiple uses. So far I have been impressed. It does not leave my hair sticky and provides long lasting, smooth results. This will replace my TRESemme Curl Activator Spray which gave good results but I had to blow dry my hair right after application or end up with my ends glued together. It does tell you this on the bottle, but I don't need the extra step.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I typically purchase the tresemme instant heat tammer spray at CVS, but i decided to try a different one because I always get that. But every time I buy a new heat protectant for when I straighten my hair I always go back to the tresseme one.
So I have to admit I have never heard of Got2be, I actually embarrassingly enough was drawn to this product after watching a makeup guru on YouTube use it in a hair tutorial. And yes, I know she was sent the product for free to try out the product by a company... but I still got it, I can't help it I am young and easily convinced. So onto the product I personally have really thick curly (spirally) long hair I am a lazy bum and don't blow dry my hair straight. I let it air dry over night (which should be healthier for my hair), then wake up a ridiculously early hours in the morning to straighten my hair. I actually spray this on while my hair is wet along w/ CHI silk infusion and my leave in conditioner. Then I straighten @ 5am....lol
I guess this product is quite the multi tasker hence the fact that it claims to be like a shine serum, heat protectant, straightening balm all in one. I actually didn't get a bottle w/ a charm which is fine I thought it might get annoying, so u can't say I was draw to the packaging. Now that I think about it the bottle shape reminds me of Urban Decay Primer Potion (fairy tale themed).
Anyways I think when this is used up I will go back to Tresemme, or try a new one like Red Ken heat protectant they have. This one claim to keep straight styles straight longer but not so much the multitasking tresemme one (for curling, blow drying, and straightening) had more hold. Smells like a heat protectant, plastic y smell..

on 3/23/2010 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I cannot express how much I love this product! This is definitely my HG product as far as heat protectant and light weight holder. I often curl my hair ( I have a little bit past my shoulder brown hair, stick straight!!!) and love the romantic curl look. I often used to use a Paaul Mitchell heat protectant but it was way too heavy and my hair went limp before I was finished with one side! So, I read the reviews on here and another site and immediately went to CVS. When I bought it, it was a bonus pack and came with a mini blowdry lotion (the black bottle). Great right? Well, it gets better! The original price was about $6.50 but when I went to the counter and slid my CVS card, it came to about $4.50! So, I got a bonus and it was cheaper than what I thought! Thank God! Anywho, it does not make my hair limp and I love the smell! Love the cute packaging and I am now finding excuses to do my hair all the time just to use this!

on 3/15/2010 3:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I personally do not understand why people say this product leaves your hair feeling stiff and waxy. It has worked marvelously for me. It also suggests you spray it 8-10 inches away from your hair which most people don't do. They just saturate their hair; yet as long as you take care of your hair daily less is best when it comes to heat products. Lastly -- the type of hair straightener you own
plays a fairly large role in the outcome of your hair. If you have a good hair iron you shouldn't experience any tugging on your hair. That's just my opinion. I know in the past I haven't read
product labels and instructions and also have purchased products that are too damaging or just overpower the natural oils in my hair and cause buildup. All in all, this product works great for me! :)

on 3/14/2010 9:55:00 PM

Love it! Smells fruity! Makes me hair shiny too! Wish it was a little bigger though:)

Happy Shopping<3

on 2/18/2010 6:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Well this is the first protective spray for use with flat irons that I've bought. It seems to work ok enough, my hair looks much much better after straightening with this product than with nothing, though it doesn't provide exaclty the result I want (silky smooth shiny hair), my hair looks straight but a little puffy, not totally smooth, which makes it look like its dry although I don't think it is. I do have a good quality flat iron too, so I don't think that's the problem. I suppose as long as it does the job of protecting my hair from the direct heat then its fine. I would buy this again because it was so cheap (got it on sale for $3) but will probably try some other products whenever they go on sale.

I love this spray, I use it every time my flat iron touches my hair. It does seem to dry out my hair, and make it feel like hay, as some other heat protecting sprays do. The smell is a little odd, but I can live with that with the price, but after you flat iron your hair, there isn't any smell other then your shampoo.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This didnt work out for me. It made my hair harder to glide thru the iron and the results looked puffier than usual after straightening. Will not purchase again.

on 11/19/2009 7:32:00 PM

cute bottle, nice packaging! but that's about all the good things i have to say about this product. i've only tried it once and returned it the next day....it made my newly washed hair greasy and a little waxy. my scalp does tend to get oily and i need to wash my hair daily, but it's never gotten oily within 2 hours of washing. the smell's also a bit strange and not very likeable, but that's personal preference. i used the spray with a cortex straightener and didn't find that my hair looked any better. the curling/gloss finish equiv has very good ratings though, so i may still consider trying that one (this one's in a beige bottle, that one's white, don't mix them up!) :)

on 10/28/2009 8:10:00 PM

I've been looking for a (cheap) replacement for my $19 GHD heat protectant - and this is not it! When I sprayed the Heat Protect 'N Flatten on my hair, the first thing I noticed was that my hair sizzled. The second thing I noticed was that my GHD flat iron didn't glide through my hair - instead, I felt a rough resistance most likely due to the drying effect of this spray. After using this on a section of my hair, I decided to play it safe and stop using it. I was scared that this would ruin my hair and knew that saving a few bucks wouldn't be worth it.

Other things I disliked about this heat protect included the smell (it smelled like a sharper version of a Suave shampoo) and the crummy packaging (I couldn't control the bottle to get the right amount - it either sprayed too much or too little at a time, therefore I couldn't tell how coated my hair was).

I'll keep this bottle around for emergencies, but I won't be re-purchasing. This is my first encounter with a Schwarzkopf product (I've read that high end salons use their products and I've seen pseudo-celebrities endorsing the Got 2 Be line) but I just wasn't impressed.