December 18, 2014 | 1842 users online

Mascara - Shiseido - Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 9:15:00 AM More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love how much it can extend my eyelash. I put this on after putting The Deja Vu Fiberwig Extension for a much, much longer Eyelash and it looks like as if I was wearing fake eyelashes. Not to mention the very girly and cute packaging! Will buy this product, over and over again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by spaceagemouse

I can never catch a break with mascaras, so I'm giving this one a high score. I have short, straight Asian lashes, and this mascara certainly lengthens them and holds a curl. Really, that's all that I ask for, after all the disappointment I've gone through with many types of mascaras. The double-sided wand is kind of useless, so you just have to be careful when applying so that you don't end up with a lot of clumps. Usually combing them out a few times does the trick for me. I didn't notice any significant increase in volume, but this is primarily a lengthening mascara, I think. Maybe one day I'll try it with the MM lash primer. My lashes stay very black and don't smudge throughout the day. You need an oil-based makeup remover to get this off; I just rub the lashes very very gently between my thumb and forefinger and that loosens up the mascara pretty well. All in all, a decent mascara at a relatively affordable price (I live in the US and bought this on a trip to Hong Kong; I'll probably have to order online if I want to repurchase).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by doris2788

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is only an average product. I had bought this mascara because it was so popular in asia, and I had high hopes for this because of the seriously exaggerated commercials for this mascara. I have medium length soft asian lashes. The first day I tried this, I was about to leave a 1-star review, but then I decided I could try it for a little longer before I left the review. I am still disappointed. The comb brush DOES NOT separate your lashes at all (as they said it would), this mascara will make your lashes all clumpy if not used with skill, as in clump into five diffrent lashes. The fibres in the mascara are very annoying, they always come out in all different directions, and some even curl downwards. The wand is also very user unfriendly, it is exceptionally short, so I get the mascara all over my eyelids and nose everytime, then I have to wipe it off with a q-tip. The formula is too wet, if I blink moments after I apply, it will come off and I have dots under my eyes. The only good things about this mascara: has really black formula, the price is lower than high-end mascaras but gives similiar effect, super waterproof. I use lancome's bi-facil to remove and lashes come off everytime. But hey, you can't have waterproof AND ease of removal at the same time, right? I'm a student, so this mascara stays on during the day, does not smudge at all. As for the price, it is cheap, but then not counting the q-tips I have to use everyday, the eyelash comb I had to buy to separate the clumpy lashes, lancome's eye makeup remover, and possibly a lash strengthener because my lashes come off while removing. Now I would just stick to high-end mascaras, as I don't have to deal with all this shit. If you are thinking of buying this, don't get your hopes up. But if you're looking for a long lasting mascara, this one's the best out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by stardustt

Lengthens eyelashes really well but you do have to be careful because it might flake, and may clump if you dont comb it enough. It didnt exactly live up to my expectations, but it would do if you want longer lashes since it has fibers and all.. but i need volume, so i'll be looking for other mascaras instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2009 8:13:00 AM More reviews by oddinary

Saw the innovative double-sided wand it came with so I was eagar to try it. Turns out I like the Lash Expander (volume) better. I am aware that this is a *lengthening mascara* and to do it's job, this mascara has little fibres - but I find it's effect quite a hit-or-miss. There are days (namely the first few) where I get super long lashes with this (no base)... and other days, average length. I can get those long long lashes once again by using Shiseido's Mascara Base underneath. Plus, I find the fibres can get VERY messy. They are never evenly distributed! My lashes won't know which direction they're going so I end up with a goopy mess. =( Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2009 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Frostblade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do like this mascara but it has flaws.
It adds length but nothing dramatic. The only reason the lash looks longer is because it's thicker, the fibers don't bind well to make the lashes look extremely long.

This mascara doesn't last as long as the regular lash expander.

I find that this starts to really flake after 5hrs while the regular can last 12+hrs without a trace of panda eyes.
This happens if you don't use a top coat mascara over it.

This mascara has a lot of fibers that can fall in your eyes and on your face so after applying you need to go over it with tweezers making sure you pick out all the strays.

Sometimes you have to use some kind of heated curler to get the tips curling in the right way after it dries. hair drier to a spoon or a proper heated lash curler...w/e as long as it's hot enough to make it bend the other way again.

It flakes too. Also the tube does not last very long as it gets clumpy faster than older version of this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by swirlychyck

Wonderful product in my opinion! The little fibres in this really helps lengthen my lashes although it doesn't do much volumn-wise. The mascara helps keep the curl as well and I've received a number of comments about how long my lashes look.
Like with all other MJ mascaras this is really hard to get off without a good eye makeup remover but my Loreal eye makeup remover works really well. I've heard people complaining about the annoying fibres but that didn't bother me much. Definitely repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2009 3:53:00 AM More reviews by dollface_vixen

This is the upgraded version of the famous Lash Expander. The applicator is a double sided comb, one side is the regular comb, and the other has more shallow rideges. The ridged side is to be used first to build up volume and make it look like your lash line is filled with liner, then the comb side is used to build length. The result reminds me of Lash Gorgeous Wing. It gives a bit more length and is a bit more dark than Lash Gorgeous Wing though. I find Lash Expander Neo gives thicker lashes and this version gives a more natural effect. The texture itself is much like Lash Expander Neo, a sticky wax fiber. I think this version is more fiber-y, as you can actually see fibers on the comb. The fibers do not fall onto your face like Lash Gorgeous Wing does, so no worries there; however, the fibers are a bit messy on the comb and will need some getting used to during application. It holds a curl awesome, as do all MJ mascaras. This mascara does fair job at adding length but lacks in the volume department. If it's volume you crave, I suggest sticking to Lash Enamel Glamour Neo.