July 24, 2014 | 1613 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Refined [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by mijo2u

this is one of the best MSF that i have seen, i couldn't wait to get my hands on this but when i saw the collection i was very disappointed and was leaning more on to Perfect topping however i went back to look at these again and i fell in love with REFINED, its prefect for that glow look, the color is VERY peachy (in a good way) and somewhat tanish/pink but not pink really. the texture is wonderful i have a MSF from the BBR collections and the texture are way different these are great very very soft and very easily to distribute, the color pay off is great however i am a NC 25 and it looks great. i even use it as a blush durning the day as a glow. i am so glad i purchased it im very very happy with this purchase. and im so excited that my MAC counter is selling them for 24.50 which isnt to bad. but i would really really recommend this color its gorgous and very unique, i feel like perfect topping can be seen in the other MSF before.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Mulls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very unsure about this MSF. On my NC37 skin, it barely shows up. The MA said it would give me a glow but I'm not sure I can see it. I think the BBR (I bought all three MSFs) MSFs were better. It's unfortunate - I do like the texture of this one but am a bit disappointed by the pigmentation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Hlola

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first MSF and I was looking for a bit of a sunkissed look. It is light and you can build the colour. I am loving it and I am really impressed byt it. I am an NC25 and paired with moonriver blush it is amazing!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by lalalie_xoxo

This is my first MSF so I don't have any other ones to compare it to, however, I really enjoy that I finally went out and bought this because it gives my NC20 Asian skin a really great glowy sheen. I have to admit that I like using this with either the 188, 187, or 116 because it definitely needs to be applied with a light hand (at least on me) or else I risk looking like the "Gold Girl" from James Bond. Otherwise, it's a perfect highlighter or if you want a little more sheen to matte/sheer blushes you can add that on top of those as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 12:51:00 PM More reviews by nikkip25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

omg, idk what's up with the so and so comments but this is soo cute!!! i went to mac lemming perfect topping but after trying both of them on, i had to have refined!! the MA used it as a highlight above my cheekbones and it gave me a fresh sun kissed glow. it reminded me the heatherette looks, if you know what i mean.

i really enjoy the texture of these MSFs too. they're not chunky and glittery. they are more smooth in texture and apply evenly onto your brush! i love this one so much, i actually might have to go back and look after perfect topping again!! =]

i'm NC40 for ref and this did not look orange on me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Seraphic

Okay, I definitely don't think this product is getting the recognition it deserves. People have been saying that this is similar to Red head msf which was just released in Jan. but though similar are not dupes of each other. This is a gorgeous peachy pink colour unlike many of the swatches I've seen on the internet (Which either look orange or invisible). I am NC30 for reference and this showed up nicely, not overly bright or intense.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2009 12:40:00 PM More reviews by star54

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just picked this up yesterday, it's my first MSF, and I gotta say so far so good. I like the smooth texture of it, and love the look of it on my cheekbones.
    If you're fair like me, however, you definitely need to use a light hand when applying this. I had the MA apply it on me in the store, and my first thought was ORANGE! Which is just about my worst nightmare... she kinda went to town on my face tho, and used way too much. I applied it myself today and it looks great. Mine also has very little of the bronze veining in it and more of the peachy colour, which also helps minimize the risk of looking orange from this MSF.

Might go back and pick up the other one from the collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by MarinesWife03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really pretty, peachy, pink, tan highlighter. It almost gives me a bronzy kind of glow on my fair skin. I have to use a light hand though, because if I put too much on my cheeks get way too orange. It isn't my favorite MSF, but I am pretty happy with it.