October 25, 2014 | 839 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2006 12:28:00 AM More reviews by lovelyliisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice, basic face wash for oily and combination skins. It lathers and cleans well without drying my skin and leaves it feeling very soft and clean. I like the fresh seaweed/herbal scent of this product and the tube packaging is great for travel. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2006 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Laura_Iandoli

I think that people need to keep in mind that this is for COMBINATION skin. Most of the complaints I've read have been from people with either dry or oily skin. For oily skin, The Body Shop recommends that you use the tea tree line, and for dry skin, try the camomile line (being replaced by the new aloe line soon).

I have combination skin and it's nice to finally have a product that works for my skin. When I use gentler cleansers, I get pimples. When I use cleansers for oily skin, it gets rid of the pimples but my face is dry and painful. This cleanses great and at the same time doesn't strip my skin. Afterwards I apply a 5% benzoyle cream to my T-zone and a moisturizer to the rest of my face. This is the solution that's worked for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2006 11:30:00 PM More reviews by elphinstone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this soap-free cleanser cleanses my face gently yet effectively. since using this, my t-zone is less oily, and alot of my oil seeds are gone. not sure if this alone helped as i'm using the entire seaweed range (cleanser, toner and moisturizer). the scent is very refreshing and light... i simply love it to bits. may be abit drying sometimes, but i just dab on a generous dose of moisturizer after that, and the tight feeling will be gone. will definitely repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2006 6:28:00 AM More reviews by leila12

I'm on my 4th tube of this stuff - I have pretty oily skin and have been known to use sheets and sheets of oil blotting papers in the past. Since I started using this product, my oiliness has improved dramatically..I only need to apply powder a few times a day! I love this stuff..it's a little drying, but with a little moisturizer applied after use, it's become my HG facewash. ETA: this product has quit on me...I've broken out in little white bumps and my skin is red and angry. What happened??

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2006 5:54:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is pretty average. i got it in a swap so i can not truly comment on cost, however it is just okay... i much prefer a clay based cleanser for my ultra oily skin, so perhaps this is fine for people with normal skin, but for me, it left my face feeling no different, not tingly and clean, which is what i like. the scent is a bit artificial which i do not like. it is just a green gel that does an okay job, i would not buy this, nor would i recommend it to others. glad it was a swap thing, as i am going to re-list it for someone else to try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2006 4:03:00 AM More reviews by annaharris_227

I purchased this to replace my L'Oreal Ideal Balance gel cleanser. My former face wash had been drying me out. And this seaweed face wash doesn't seem to help much, either!! Every time I wash my face I feel dry, tight, and itchy afterwards! Before I'd only get dryness at night. Now it's all the time! My thick St. Ives moisture only does so little to combat this. I've also noticed I'm starting to break out again. Chances are, it's probably more from my skin being dried out than my PMS. Yet another Body Shop product going back to the store!!=0( continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2006 10:31:00 PM More reviews by loisgreener

This is perfect for the summer time when my face gets a little oily. The smell is very refreshing general great prodcut what else can I say.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2005 9:24:00 PM More reviews by chaoz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This face wash makes my skin feel good. I typically have a lot of redness in my face, but after using this cleanser for just a mere few days, I have definitely noticed that it toned down the redness. In addition, it has also noticeably cut down on my oiliness. My face feels very smooth and not dry after washing with this cleanser. I normally do not like my face washes to be scented, but the scent in this is light and floral-marine like, which I actually enjoy, the smell refreshes me. You cannot work up a foam lather with this face wash, but it's a very nice gel-like liquid texture when it goes on your face. The price seems to be fairly high for what seems like such a tiny 100ml tube, but you really don't need so much product for cleaning the whole face. And I really enjoy the flip-lid tube too, it's convenient for travels and looks good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2005 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Mel29

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleanser for oily skin. It foams up nicely, removes makeup and doesn't leave skin dry. The smell is amazingly fresh (I wish I could find a fragrance that smells like it). The price is good too. I got it in the buy two get one free promotion. Definitely an underrated product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2005 7:32:00 AM More reviews by moose3smc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this cleanser in the morning. It's so refreshing and makes my skin so soft. I use it with the seaweed moisturizer with spf. I have combo skin...oily/zitty t-zone, but clear/dry cheeks and eyes. This cleanser wasn't harsh at all. It didn't strip my skin like the acne cleansers I was using b4. I definantly recommend. I also like buying The Body Shop products b/c they are very earth and people friendly.