September 20, 2014 | 1714 users online

Other - Bath and Body Works - whole store

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2006 9:02:00 AM More reviews by lulubella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was in my local mall in Brooklyn, NY over the weekend and went into the new Bath and Body Works there. (They moved their store within the same mall). Wow was I totally surprised and impressed!! They have started incorporating many other brands there such as Biotherm, Murad, DDF, Boscia, just to name a few, as well as Haircare (Frederick Fekai, Jonathan Organics etc). They also carry Vincent Longo and Awake Cosmetics, and was told that they will be getting in more brands soon. The store reminded me of a mini Sephora. This was great. I don't know if all the BBWs are going in the same direction , but I was delighted glad to see that now I have some local access to brands that were once only available in the City or on the internet. And as always, the Sales Assistants are very attentive. Way to go Bath and Body Works!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2006 2:53:00 AM More reviews by tania_nia

Generally I like BBW. My fav lines are the antibacterial handwash, the Temptations, True Blue Spa Body Scrub, home fragrance, and the C.O. Bigelow Line. Sometimes the SA's can be pushy but I try to go in when it's mildly busy. I just say "No thank you, I'm just generally browsing". Then I go and pick up what I want. My godmom gives me a gift card every year so I tend to shop the most during the Semi Annual Sale or if there's a sale where I can buy alot (their handsoaps go on sale all of the time). I miss how the stores used to be which is more country and less cluttered but oh well. Alot of the main collection of fragrances are to loud for people like my mom who has allergies. However she loves the Black Currant from the Aromatherapy line. I go in with the knowledge that I'm not going to like EVERYTHING in the entire store but there are things that I do like and I know where to look so I go back.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2006 1:29:00 AM More reviews by beboc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love my local Bath and Body Works! Mine is a BBW and White Barn Candle Co, so they have the best of both rolled into one. The SA's there are always helpful and not the least bit pushy IMO. Yes they do have a lot of new lines/brands they are carrying, but that is what makes it a fun store for me. I love to try out new stuff! I know people complain about BBW discontinuing scents, but really, what is the fun in wearing the same scent you have worn since 1990? They have a great return policy, so if you don't love something, bring it back. They also have great sales and coupons. I enjoy shopping there, and don't plan on changing my mind anytime soon. I can honestly say that I have shopped at Bath and Body Works since the early 90's and have NEVER had a bad experience there, how many other retailers can you say that about?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2006 10:41:00 PM More reviews by bubblezzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I personally love B&BW, although sometimes I find certain products overpriced, it suits me well. I haven't had the problem with pushy SA's or what not so I can't complain, in my area the SA's just ask if you need anything & walk away if you don't. The only thing I don't like about B&BW is the fact they discontinued Tutti Dolci Angel Food Cake lol! Along w/ other great scents.. but thats always the case in many stores.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2006 1:48:00 AM More reviews by assorted_raisins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As an associate, I feel I should defend my store. I'm glad-speaking as a shopper- to see BBW expand its lines, especially the flagships. Personally, I felt the "what sweet smelly fragrancy body lotion can we make now!!!" approach very redundant and boring to me as a shopper. Be entitled to your opinion, but I know that the company puts a lot of research into the product and the folks at Limited.Inc are very savvy whether you agree or not. Lines like CO. Bigelow, Breathe, True Blue Spa, Le Couvent (who really cares if it's a L'Occitane clone, I like both) have lots of appeal, and the repeat customers and positive reviews attest to the quality. The flagships also appeal to me as a shopper since I like having many things to choose from over "sweet pea" (sorry, bleh) Over my few years working there I must have heard 100 customers speak about how "great" our shea butter is, and well, you know would they buy so much Shea It Isn't So foot cream if it worked poorly? BBW is essentially "midwest" in philosophy and they extend business to the middle-of-line beauty customer who wants to pamper herself but doesn't go to Sephora or Ulta. If BBW is the gateway for that customer to try more, why not. Essentially, if I can get you try something besides our soap and Coconut Lime, and get you to fall in love with Breathe, that makes my day. Variety, after all is a spice of life. (sic)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2006 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ksp212

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was never a fan of BBW when I was younger...the products were overly fragrant and just not very sophisticated. However, I recently stepped into one of their stores and was so pleasantly surprised...the store is so much more on-trend and interesting than it used to be. They have lots of different brands (Savannah Bee, Spa, Henri Bendel) for everyone's different tastes and they also carry some non-BBW brands. I really was surprised and am interested to see how they continue changing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2006 9:19:00 AM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Personally BBW confuses me. It's like I want to like the store but there are some things that doesn't sit too well for me. For me I find it impossible to shop in there sometimes because of all the various scents and trying to make sure that the scent works with my body chemistry. And when I go there during a busy time, with various people sampling ever product and spraying all those scents, it is an assault to the olfactory senses. I nearly had a bloody nose while browsing in there.

I remember loving this store when I was in high school but now I can take it or leave it. I usually go their when they have a major sale and I can stock up on products and pass them off for Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, etc. I usually buy scrubs from there and that is about it. Some of the lotions tend to leave me drier than before or greasy and dry at the same time. I find that I should go there when there isn't a lot of people their, like in the morning. In actuality I would give this store a 2.9.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2006 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Carabella

I do not like BBW for product quality or business practice. They have never been able to make a successful product on their own merit, just the ability to create poor replicas of other business' successes. Origin's White Tea line? Cheaply copied. Bliss' blue door spa line? TBS body butters, anyone? Who are these people trying to fool? When your product offering is so poor you have to copy Sephora's business model just to bring in other brands, it's time to throw in the towel.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2006 12:03:00 AM More reviews by FromTheAshTreeMeadow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Bath & Body Works !!! The sales associates at the stores I go to are really nice and helpful. I love most of their products. The prices are a bit high but I just shop up on sales. Duh. I will definitely shop from there for as long as I can.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2005 10:47:00 PM More reviews by karebear0099

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall, I love bath and bodyworks... I feel a little guilty shopping there because I work for a company that sells a lot of bath and body products (and I do love the ones we have but I have the addiction)-- anyway I dont know why people are complaining about having too many new lines. New lines are fun. Ok but the big thing I say is go to the semi annual sales and buy enough stuff to hold you over like all year. Because its so cheap. I went yesterday and I got this conditioner 75% off and the apple martini shower gel 50% off, etc. etc. They were having some awesome sales. I like that they carry CO Bigelow, etc... oh and I do agree that the staff can be rather annoying and could tone it down a bit. But same as like cosmetics counters.