Jergens Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer-Medium Tan

3.9

Water, Glycerin, Isobutane, Butylene Glycol, Propane, Polysorbate 20, Laureth 3, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Ceteareth 25, Polyquaternium 4, Cetrimonium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Citrate, Fragrance, Erythrulose, Dihydroxyacetone

on 7/2/2009 11:45:00 PM

This product did not work at all for me. I first used Jergens tan lotion and that didn't work except for once and it made me all streaky. I then decided to give Jergens another chance and big mistake. I bought this foaming mouisturizer hoping it would work but it didn't! I applied it everday for a week and got absolutely NO RESULTS! My skin tone was EXACATALY the same! I do not reccommend this product at all.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this seeing all the great reviews but it failed for me. I have been using it for 3 days and I do have a noticeable color change but it is slightly orange. I have trouble tanning my legs so this is the only area I used this product. I checked them out today in the sunshine and noticed blotches and streaking. I was disappointed since I thought it would actually work for me, as it did with everyone else. It could be because it's a foam, but i'm not sure. I will try the lotion version of this, just in case the blotches are from the foam application, and I will come back to review that one as well.

on 7/2/2009 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

So far, so good. When it comes to self-tanners, I would say I'm an intermediate in the category and this one is pretty good. Easy to apply, fast drying time, no stains left on my clothes, no streaking, color is gradual and noticeable (I'm a NC25 and bought medium- tan) and it's cheap. The only negatives are, that although the smell is minor compared to others I've tried, there is a faint self-tanner smell and I have no idea if Jergen's does animal testing, I hate not knowing- over all though, I will repurchase (until I find out about if Jergen's does or doesn't conduct animal testing).

on 7/2/2009 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay, I'm personally a TAN-aholic! I have tried some of the worst smelling, most stickiest, most orangiest tanners out there.
This is kind of an early review, but I tried this last night & here is what I LOVE & what I don't love: The scent is not even noticeable to me; again I have tried many self-tanners (including the Jergens Natural Glow lotions, which have an obvious self-tanner scent) & this one smells great in comparison. This is light & sinks into your skin very quick & doesn't make you sticky. One thing I didn't like was that I wasn't very dark the morning after (again I am used to more high tech tanning products that darken you overnight, but clearly this is more of a gradual tanning moisturizer).
LADIES: I read some of your reviews & here are some tips: When using ANY self-tanning product, YOU HAVE TO EXFOLIATE & SHAVE BEFORE; this is to create the most natural, & non-streaky tan. FYI: don't use an oil-based scrub; get a sugar or salt scrub that is NOT OILY.
I also noticed people saying that they would tend to get blotchy after a week of using this product, well let me tell you THAT IS COMPLETELY NORMAL when using any self-tanning product. I normally exfoliate once a week, to remove all my tanner & it's blotchiness & then start over; it's an evil cycle LOL. My personal tanning routine is: mixing L'oreal Sublime Bronze in with J&J 24 hour lotion (this is so I don't get streaky, but still will achieve a nice dark color the next day & I find it to sink in quicker & not be so sticky) & apply at night (because it smells). I think this Foaming product is GREAT for BEGINNERS. I think I might use it during the day under my lotion because it smells great & will gradually tan me.

on 7/2/2009 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have VERY pale skin (like blue white haha) and it's difficult when summer rolls around because I wan't to be able to wear shorts without blinding people! lol
This is my first ST that I've used and I LOVE it! Never had a problem with streaks or random spots of color and it doesn't leave my skin sticky. It dries very quickly and doesn't smell as bad as the lotion version. It kind of smells like brown sugar after a few hours (my sister says it makes me smell like teriyaki tho :P).
I took one lippie off because if I use it consecutively for more than 3 days a nice orange glow likes to develop on my skin and it makes me feel like I have carrot poisoning or something! D:
I usually use it for 2-3 days straight to get the color that I want, and then I use it every other day to maintain it.
Don't forget to break the little plastic tab that holds the pump top to the can because it will be very difficult to use otherwise. But other than that, this is a great product!

Update: I thought I loved it, but looking back at pictures, I really don't care for the color. My skin is just too pink for it and it just looks too yellow/orange on me :/
I don't think I'll ever find a st that looks natural on me :(

on 6/26/2009 2:12:00 AM

I love this stuff. First of all, I love foam anything. I had been using the lotion and had to get the foam when I heard about it. It works faster and better than the lotion IMO. The smell is very strong but I can deal. I looked darker after a few days and it was a natural dark. I keep getting compliments and I haven't even been in the sun yet. I'm getting really nervous about skin cancer lately so I even bought a beach umbrella b/c I don't need the sun anymore. Plus with this, I can get the spots that never tan like my chest and thighs. Now my tan is more even than a real suntan and I can apply as much or as little as I need to even things out more. This stuff is great. Just be careful not to pump too much b/c that's what I did for a few days and I was getting fed up. Then I just did half pumps and it worked even better.

on 6/24/2009 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff does not play around! After three days I was a lot darker! The smell is not near as bad as most sunless tanner lotions. The foam is really easy to put on. Wonderful option if you want to keep up a nice tan. Just wish it came in a bigger can!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So unfortunately for me, when I bought this it was only available in medium-tan, but I bought it anyway despite my pale complexion.

Packaging: kind of sucked. I read some of the reviews and broke off one of the little plastic pieces. It puts a lot of foam into your hands. Even the smallest amount is enough. I sometimes found myself putting too much on...=[

Application: Applying it was very easy. It dried quick, and a small ping-pong ball amount was as much as I needed for each area of my body. I only put it on my upper-back once because I couldnt reach. You should have someone apply it for you. The first time I did it, it was streaky on my forearms, but that was my own fault I think. For me, the hardest part is making it look good around my hands and feet.

Color: I thought it looked great and not too orange, but I had a guy comment and say that it looked orange, but he was probably saying it just to be mean? I hope so. My boyfriend liked it.

I applied it almost every day. Even twice a day a few times. The color lasted a long time even after I decided to stop using it so it could fade (I wanted to start over again after exfoliating better) Overall, its not a bad product, I just wish I can find a lighter one.

on 6/20/2009 5:40:00 AM

I have tried many gradual self tanners from low end to high end to no avail. I have little patience with all the steps you have to go through. I started out with the Jergens lotion and read good reviews on MUA for this so thought why not. I was a little apprehensive at first.

Came out like mousse and I just started. I must say it is very forgiving and fast drying. Just what I wanted. I am fair to medium but went for the dark through experience knowing the fair doesn't do much. I use it about every other day.

Extremely easy to appy and dries quickly. Got just the color I wanted. Try it if you just want some color.

on 6/16/2009 11:11:00 PM

I got this on sale and I have to say I loved this at first. I looked really tan and it looked super natural. I only used it every other day and used my regular moisturizer when I didn't use this. I was using this for about 2 weeks when I looked at my skin outside and saw I had serious blotchy tan around my wrists, under my forearm and my ankles. It may be an application problem, but because it's a mousse, it's harder to spread around if you need it to be more even. As you keep using it, it comes out less like a foam and more like a liquid substance that expands to a mousse. But all in all, most natural tan I've ever had with a self-tanner.