October 30, 2014 | 1686 users online

Concealers - Kat Von D - Tattoo Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Daatch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good coverage. Recommend if looking for a High end concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by missygeiger

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this recently for a tattoo. It didn't cover so I decided to try it for dark circles. I am really impressed with the result. Like others here, I agree it is a great consistency for under the eye. It does have a nice finish. I put it on one day when I didn't have to go out to see how it changed over the course of a long day. At the end of the night I was wowed at how lifted my face looked. It seems to work for my dark circles by erasing them. Maybe I'm easily impressed because I just wasn't aware of how bad I really looked. It did not oxidize or change color. It did not get darker or lighter and stayed true to tone. It still looked just applied 12 hours later. I used it alone and did not set it with anything. I imagine under powder or over moisturizer it would stun. Will be repurchasing : )

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by shelbysahara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was disappointed. Coverage sucks if you're looking for maximum coverage. It's a shame because the shade "medium" matches my skin perfectly.this can be built up for medium-full coverage, but I feel like that's wasting a lot of product. Luckily, I got this on sale. Glad I didn't pay full price!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by linh989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This isn't the best concealer out there, but its the best of the ones that I've tried. I like it because it will completely cover up my dark post-acne scars with the help of foundation and it doesn't break me out. I usually apply this under my foundation (Revlon Colorstay) and you can't see how horrid my skin really is. It stays put all day and doesn't make me oily.
It does the job and I do plan to repurchase a backup for when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by lucenaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I wasn't expecting a lot from this, but the more I use it the more I like it. Actually, I've been using this everyday for almost a year now, to cover dark acne marks and just random discoloration. Sometimes I just get really patchy spots and I end up spreading this out on a big chunk of my face, like a foundation!

It doesn't seem like anything special at first, but it's one of the few concealers that have not broken me out (Vichy Normaderm, I'm looking at you...) even when you wear it everyday. Also, it has decent staying power, though it wipes off pretty easily and can melt off at the end of the day. However, my face does get rather oily. Also, it doesn't oxidize, which is always a plus for me.

It's rather liquidy, but the tube lasts forever. I am just getting to the end of this tube and it has been about a year.

Overall, if I find that I get to the end of a tube of something and am perfectly happy with it, then I know I have something good. Have repurchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by lserwetnyk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a tattoo on my wrist that I was interested in covering up sometimes, so I bought this. If that's what you intend to use this for, don't bother. However, I have used it frequently since then as a normal facial concealer, for which it works great. I have no blending problems with it and it provides pretty good (medium/full) coverage. It stays on very well and will last the entire day with no problems. It doesn't clog my pores or worsen a breakout if I have one. This little package has lasted me forever. You only need the smallest amount of it for ample coverage. I would definitely recommend it to use for blemishes or red areas on your face, but don't bother with it if you want to use it to cover tattoos.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by rosaslove091

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to wear this concealer thinking it was legit.. I was so wrong. My aunt took a picture of me and you could tell I was wearing concealer. I was so embarrassed. NEVER AGAIN !

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2012 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Luscious1104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good concealer, definitely not great. The coverage is medium to full, I don't think it's as full coverage as they make it out to be. It goes on smooth and is blendable and dries to a matte/velvet finish. I like it but still unsure if I'd repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by dhryan429

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Really not impressed by this at all. I have heard decent things about this line, but, unfortunately, the concealer did very little to conceal a tat on by upper, lower arm. I REALLY hate to recommend dermablend, but I'm going to in this case.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was in Sephora, randomly looking at thick, full coverage concealers. I usually use organic, mostly natural, or minimal ingredient concealers and foundations. But seeing as how I use organic skin care, I've started to say "Screw it" about the makeup, and as long as it doesn't have petroleum, which my skin hates, I'll try it.

I grabbed Light 16 and tested it on my hand, and it blended perfectly. For some reason, the description claimed there were pink tones, but I didn't see any pink - and I am fair with neutral to slight yellow undertones. I've bought pricier concealers that had far less volume, so I wasn't worried about the price. This is over half an ounce and extremely full coverage!

I don't have any tattoos. But I do have plenty of scars, blemishes, dark undereye circles, redness, etc. I applied this concealer all over my moisturized face, and then walked around in various lighting with a mirror. And every time, I kept thinking, "Is this magic? Is Kat a witch? Because this is amazing. Where are my blemishes? Where is my redness? Heck, where did my pores go?" The shade was so very perfect, almost exactly like my MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NC15 or my Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation in Shade 2.0 or my It Cosmetics Concealer in Light. My skin was smooth, soft, and honestly without flaws. I was floored. To be honest, I only knew who Kat Von D was from commercials for her tattoo show on TV, and occasionally from magazines. But I figured she would know what she was doing, creating makeup to cover tattoos.

Sooo... yeah. I. Love. This. Concealer. I might love it forever, I don't know. But it is right up there with It Cosmetics Bye Bye Concealer, which was created by cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists! Score one for the tattoo artist, then.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No