Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

Price: $

on 2/17/2011 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

If you want soft lips, elbows, knees etc. then I highly recommend you try this product!!

on 2/16/2011 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Awesome lip balm! I can't think of a single bad thing to say about this. Super cheap for a huge chunky tube that will last forever. It has a delicious white chocolate scent but no taste. Feels very soothing no matter how dry my lips are and leaves a nice, natural sheen. Love it and highly recommend it!

on 2/9/2011 9:14:00 PM

Very good to have - a basic lip balm. Not waxy. Good scent. I put it on before bed. It doesn't do anything fancy, just keeps lips moist.

on 2/9/2011 8:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I started using this after seeing all the positive reviews for it, and it's great for the winter. My lips got really dry and chapped this winter, and they hurt a lot. I tried a number of treatments- Neosporin lip health, blistex medicated, burt's bees, carmex, vaseline and more but this was the only thing that actually worked for me. I've used it for about a week now, and my lips are back to normal after almost a month of torture.
I thought it would be gooey and sticky, it goes on evenly and does not leave a greasy shine, which is how I like it. It feels very light on my skin. A thin layer lasts me hours and I don't have to keep reapplying it. I've used it a couple times on my nose when I've been outdoors (it's really windy where I live and my skin gets dry and chapped) and I haven't broken out, so that's another benefit.
The stick is huge and it is a little hard to apply around the corners of the mouth, so I have to use my fingers to massage it in. It doesn't leave greasy residue, though, so I don't mind.

on 2/9/2011 6:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been looking for a cheap, long lasting balm for a while now, and I think I finally found it! I used to use Carmex religiously, but it wore off too quickly and it was so greasy and shiny I couldn't wear it outside of the house. :(

I picked this up because the price was right and I like balms in oversized tubes, but the product itself is awesome! Like everyone else says, it smells SO good...everybody says it smells like chocolate, but for some reason I get marshmallow. :P And it isn't crazy shiny! I think this will be one of the few balms I use up.

on 2/2/2011 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I have been using this for a long time, after a friend introduced me to it.
I am in love with the smell and the formula. Keeps my lips super soft and moisturized. Price is great, and lasts a long time! I have tried other balms and always find myself going back to this one.

on 1/7/2011 8:37:00 PM

It's a decent product (quantity-wise especially). For some reason the dimethicone on the ingredients list isn't printed on the tube itself, but it's included only on the back of the ingredients list on the paper package it comes packed in (how convenient since that's what people throw out/never read again while the label on the tube is what you keep!).

I've added the dimethicone to the ingredient list here because it's deceptive to leave that ingredient out, especially because many people avoid products with it.

Moving on; I found the balm waxy on my lips. It's decent but I prefer my lip balms less waxy. The fragrance does seem a lot closer to that of real vanilla than the artificial scents that are more common (e.g. Bonne Bell Vanilla lip smacker).

Verdict: The quantity is a plus. The quality, not so much. To rescue severely chapped lips, I prefer Nivea essential/Vaseline/Bonne Bell to this. If I bought this again, it would be solely as a novelty product/using something different on my lips rather than for function.

on 12/21/2010 9:12:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff. I had some red spots left over from a recent break out and I used this as an overnight treatment for a few nights... red spots are completely gone!! Definitely a bit heavy to use all over the face but seriously fabulous as a spot treatment. Also happens to be the best lip balm I have ever tried. You cannot go wrong with this product!

on 12/4/2010 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

First off, this stuff smells SO GOOD! I've been opening it every few minutes just to smell it. I just got it yesterday, but have already applied it an unaccountable amount of times - not because i need to, but because its just so smooth and yummy smelling that i can't help but do so! Thankfully, it has no taste. Even though I've only had it for 2 days, i can tell already that it is extremely moisturizing. It is a bit sticky in my opinion, but then again i usually dont wear anything at all on my lips. Or it could just be that i cant stop reapplying it, its HEAVENLY!

on 12/3/2010 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

OMG HOLY GRAIL!!!! my lips thank me everyday for this amazing lip butter. Let me state my lips are extremely sensitive. It has been difficult finding a product that does not irritate them. My search is over. This product is wonderful. Its very light, therefore I can wear under lip gloss and lipstick. Its also very moisturizing, and very cheap ($3 at Walmart). I wear it all day and at night. Most of the time when one goes to sleep with lip balm your lips feel greasy, and heavy. Not with this stuff. Your lips are moisturized and ready to go. I love this stuff, and I will not buy anything else. I'm sold!!!

Popular Lip Treatments