MAC Cremesheen Lipglass - Boy Bait

4.5

on 3/18/2010 6:57:00 PM

I just bought this product for the first time today from the Too Fabulous collection my local Mac store. I normally don't bother with cremesheens as they are very sheer and I find they don't last very long but I tried this on in store and I love love loved it. I like a plain lip, especially during the day and Boy Bait is the perfect colour for a nude lip and it feels really nice on and lasts remarkably well for a cremesheen. I have to agree with the comment below about putting it on over Macs creme d'nude lipstick - it really is a gorgeous combination!

on 3/13/2010 12:53:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

MY FAVORITE LIPGLOSS. not too sticky. PERFECT nude color. Works nicely on it's own to give me the perfect nude lip. Or put it on top of ANY lipstick and it makes the lipstick look even more amazing. It is sheer, but it's also buildable. Somewhat expensive (cremesheens have less product and cost more).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you haven't tried cremesheen glass u are missing out! They feel like lip balm but better bc of color payoff. If u found gaga lipstick to be off on your skin.. try overlining with naked liner and blend.. add gaga l/s then boy bait on top. I promise its the best combo I've seen with the gaga l/s!

on 3/7/2010 11:20:00 PM

i purchased this yesterday. not sticky. you can wear it alone or with nude beige or pink lipstick.

on 3/6/2010 11:51:00 PM

I really love this its not sticky like lipglass love the texture I usually wear it over a nude lipstick to top off a smokey eye look Im glad they finally made this perm !

on 2/8/2010 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

On it's own, boy bait is a waste because it is so sheer. However, I LOVE it over my creme d'nude l/s. It creates the perfect nude lip. The texture is beautiful, so much better than the lipglass IMO. I don't get the milk mouth like I do with so many of my favorite lipglasses such as Oyster Girl and Florabundance. I gave the packaging a low rating because these cremesheens are more expensive than the lipglasses and contain about half the product. It can take me up to a year to go through a lipglass where it took me literally 2 months to go thru my tube of Ever So Rich applying it sparingly maybe twice a day. Ridiculous. And being that these are L/E, that is definitely not a good thing. But I'm a sucker and I really like the product so I'm sure I'll buy several next Christmas so I don't run out lol.

on 2/7/2010 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Too sheer. Nothing special at all about this lip gloss.

on 1/29/2010 6:12:00 PM

My first MAC lip purchase! I'm half Asian but relatively pale, so most makeup colors designed to blend with light-to-fair skin are way too pink or cool for me and wash me out. This has been especially true of nude lip colors. I've been on a quest for the perfect semi-natural, nude lip color with a glossy finish, but until now all the colors I've tried have either been too brown and looked dull, too pink and artificial, or just too dark to work as a nude lip against my skin tone. I wanted a light, milky, peachy-pink, with no sparkle or metallic sheen, and that could be worn as or with a gloss.

Well finally, FINALLY, I found my dream color with MAC's Boybait Cremesheen. It is EXACTLY the color I imagined would work best with my skin, and the lovely, glassy finish I was hoping for comes built in! It gives me a gorgeous, sexy nude lip WITHOUT washing me out and making me look sickly. I've ordered a couple other nude lip colors from Sephora, but I'll probably end up returning them because Boybait works so incredibly well for me. The scent is decent, too. I'm generally not a fan of sweet, vanilla- or cocoa-based scents, but this is fairly light.

Despite this being the perfect color, there were a few things that kept me from giving this a perfect rating. First, while Boybait is wonderfully smooth and glossy, I find the consistency to be rather thick and slightly sticky, and it does wear off a bit faster than I would like. Plus, once it does wear off, my lips feel slightly dry. I've been somewhat spoiled by Silk Naturals' and Aromaleigh's mineral lipcolors/glosses, which are intensely moisturizing, not the least bit sticky, and last for hours. However, because of the mineral pigments used, the range of colors both companies offer is still fairly limited, and so far they don't have anything light enough for me to use as a nude lip. Additionally, many mineral pigments have an inherent sheen or shimmer to them that just can't be avoided, thus my decision to look at matte nude lip colors from bigger companies. If MAC could formulate a gloss with more natural ingredients, perhaps this consistency issue could be eliminated.

My other reason for a slightly lowered rating is the price. If I can get gorgeous, naturally nourished lips just from using mineral lipglosses which cost $4-$6 a pop, I expect perfection from a tube of $18 lipgloss. However, when I run out of Boybait, I'll probably buy it again because of it's perfect color.

This is a pretty milky-ish nude-pinky peach. More pink- nude than peach,might I add.. The smell is delicious..great if you want a nudish lip with a hint of pink so you dont look washed out. I was a tad bit dissapointed becuase it was a little more sheer than i expected. if i wear this alone on my lip it just look clear with hint of pink. However add a little concealer or Creme de' Nude/Hue and it tops it off with a nice soft nude shine.

The only draw back is how expensive this stuff is.

on 1/17/2010 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the prettiest color. I have olive skin and used to love MAC peachstock lipstick . Normally use florabundance lipglass and C-thru by MAC. But this color is so perfect. Hard to describe, but its great for my skin tone. I am NW 25 /NW 30.

Recommended for Medium Skin