December 17, 2014 | 1747 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Nectar Thermique

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2010 4:28:00 AM More reviews by ens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It helps to soften my thick, dry and rebellious hair. My hair volume is decrease. The price is worth. But I never try this kind of product from another brand. So, I cant compare whether this is the best product before ironing..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 2:29:00 AM More reviews by beautiful84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have long straight Asian hair... I apply roughly almond size amount and work it thoroughly through my towel dried hair. Works brilliantly. My hairdresser even suggested I could get away with using a cheaper shampoo and conditioner as long as I followed up with the Nectar Thermique! It makes all the difference.

I don't blowdry too often and only iron my hair about once every couple of weeks... but this product works great on it's own and gives an amazing shine and softness without weighing it down. When I wake up the next morning my hair seems to look so much better and sits better which helps me save time getting ready!

I'm truely addicted to this product. Not fussed on the scent of the product at all, it doesn't even linger in your hair so I am unsure why so many people have complained about it.

As for the price, for the amount you get and the actual amount you use, it's so worth it! I know this bottle will last me about a year so I think it all works out - especially when I think about the money I've wasted trialling products and throwing it out when it's barely been used anyway.

Recommend everyone to try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by willowjoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG!! This is amazing. I have long thick wavy hair and this stuff is "the tamer". Its pricey (in Australia anyway!) but so worth it. After years of trying to find a product that truly smooths my hair, with little fuss or bother, this is IT!! Leaves my hair soft, straight and easy to manage. Tip though - DON"T put too much on and its not for those with thin or fine hair (it would, in both cases, weigh it down). I will purcahse this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 6:29:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this product, reluctantly because of the bad reviews regarding its smell.
Make no mistake, the smell is not so nice. BUT this product's smell it's not perfume either. It's the natural smell of the Royal Jelly it contains which I instantly recognized because I used to eat Pollen once for proteins and vitality and that's exactly how this smells like too.
But since it's a natural smell I assume that Kerastase chose to keep it rather than add more chemicals and an artificial perfume which I must say I find it a good decision. Because once you just see this product work, the smell is in the background.
This product is truly moisturizing. I used it on dry hair too and it didn't weigh it down or made it lose its shine like the sales-woman at the Kerastase salon said it might do if applied on dry hair.
This is a really good hair product and I don't think you will find anything from the heat protectants range quite as nourishing as this one. I used it on dry hair and then flat ironed it and I could feel my hair behaving differently for the first time in months under the extreme heat - it was soft, bouncy (!!!!) and even shiny.
Just don't ditch this product because of its natural Royal Jelly smell. You can use a light hairspray afterwards with your desired perfume and the Royal Jelly will not be detectable anymore.
I gave this product 3 points for expensiveness, even if it is expensive, because of its quality. I have bought from the same price range products from TIGI that supposedly also protects against heat (The S-line) and it didn't prevent my hair getting split ends at all, or had the same qualities as Nectar Thermique.
So this product is not too expensive imo, it's just average because you can just as well waste the same amount of money on better smelling products from many brands that just do nothing good to your hair.
I like Kerastase a lot, but I never found a WOW product until now.

P.S. and it Nectar Th. stills smells a lot better than their Oleo-Relax Slim treatment that contains a perfume so sweet and heavy, "old lady" perfume I call it. At least N.T. is not perfumed.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by lilpea

I am also a fan of ciment and chroma thermique, this is a richer and more moisturizing version. I like to mix them depending on the season and how my hair is feeling. The thermique products are amazing - I always go back to them and they definitely make the hair look and feel stronger.

EDIT - still in love, years later. I buy up in bulk when I can get it cheap (its well-priced in the UK). A tube lasts 9 months so for 15 pounds that is not bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Nenalata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is awesome! I apply it before I dry my hair with a hair dryer, and it makes my hair silky, smooth and shiny. :3

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Sunbabe684

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Looooooove this stuff!!! I used to use Ciment Thermique, but it just didn't have enough moisturizing effect. The Nectar works great for dry hair AND as a heat protector AND as a smoothing balm for blowouts AND for damaged hair too. i live in a really dry climate, so most heat protectors or straightening balms will result in me having totally pin straight hair with zero volume. Nectar Thermique smoothes it enough to straighten, but doesnt weight it down, so I still get a little bounce. It does kind of smell like grandmas (I heard the scent was modeled after Chanel No. 5), but by the time I've blown out my hair and used my InStyler or curling iron, you can't really smell it too strongly. A walnut sized amount is plenty for long hair to make it smooth, soft, and shiny!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by mjemere

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I rarely write reviews bit omg. This product made my hair so manageable and so shiny!!! I have thick Ethiopian hair. It was so straight and shiny after I ran a flat iron thru it people were asking if I had got it done at a salon !!! I love it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by piccolamandorla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm sure this is fantastic for thicker, coarser, heat styled hair. Kerastase is always a good product, but Nectar Thermique was way too heavy for my fine, dry, heat styled and color treated hair, and don't even get me started on the smell...it should be called Nectar Burnt Plastique if you ask me. Yuck! So uncharacteristic of the Kerastase line! I used it on and off for over a year because I needed a heat protectant, but I found it to be a bit too heavy for my hair.

I recommend Ciment Thermique for fine hair.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by charissez

i am in LOVE with this product. makes my hair super soft and manageable, especially after a blow dry. i love that it doesnt weigh my hair down. definitely has improved the texture of my hair too. will repurchase. a HG and a staple.