September 22, 2014 | 1488 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Nectar Thermique

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 6:29:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this product, reluctantly because of the bad reviews regarding its smell.
Make no mistake, the smell is not so nice. BUT this product's smell it's not perfume either. It's the natural smell of the Royal Jelly it contains which I instantly recognized because I used to eat Pollen once for proteins and vitality and that's exactly how this smells like too.
But since it's a natural smell I assume that Kerastase chose to keep it rather than add more chemicals and an artificial perfume which I must say I find it a good decision. Because once you just see this product work, the smell is in the background.
This product is truly moisturizing. I used it on dry hair too and it didn't weigh it down or made it lose its shine like the sales-woman at the Kerastase salon said it might do if applied on dry hair.
This is a really good hair product and I don't think you will find anything from the heat protectants range quite as nourishing as this one. I used it on dry hair and then flat ironed it and I could feel my hair behaving differently for the first time in months under the extreme heat - it was soft, bouncy (!!!!) and even shiny.
Just don't ditch this product because of its natural Royal Jelly smell. You can use a light hairspray afterwards with your desired perfume and the Royal Jelly will not be detectable anymore.
I gave this product 3 points for expensiveness, even if it is expensive, because of its quality. I have bought from the same price range products from TIGI that supposedly also protects against heat (The S-line) and it didn't prevent my hair getting split ends at all, or had the same qualities as Nectar Thermique.
So this product is not too expensive imo, it's just average because you can just as well waste the same amount of money on better smelling products from many brands that just do nothing good to your hair.
I like Kerastase a lot, but I never found a WOW product until now.

P.S. and it Nectar Th. stills smells a lot better than their Oleo-Relax Slim treatment that contains a perfume so sweet and heavy, "old lady" perfume I call it. At least N.T. is not perfumed.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by lilpea

I am also a fan of ciment and chroma thermique, this is a richer and more moisturizing version. I like to mix them depending on the season and how my hair is feeling. The thermique products are amazing - I always go back to them and they definitely make the hair look and feel stronger.

EDIT - still in love, years later. I buy up in bulk when I can get it cheap (its well-priced in the UK). A tube lasts 9 months so for 15 pounds that is not bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Nenalata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is awesome! I apply it before I dry my hair with a hair dryer, and it makes my hair silky, smooth and shiny. :3

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Sunbabe684

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Looooooove this stuff!!! I used to use Ciment Thermique, but it just didn't have enough moisturizing effect. The Nectar works great for dry hair AND as a heat protector AND as a smoothing balm for blowouts AND for damaged hair too. i live in a really dry climate, so most heat protectors or straightening balms will result in me having totally pin straight hair with zero volume. Nectar Thermique smoothes it enough to straighten, but doesnt weight it down, so I still get a little bounce. It does kind of smell like grandmas (I heard the scent was modeled after Chanel No. 5), but by the time I've blown out my hair and used my InStyler or curling iron, you can't really smell it too strongly. A walnut sized amount is plenty for long hair to make it smooth, soft, and shiny!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by mjemere

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I rarely write reviews bit omg. This product made my hair so manageable and so shiny!!! I have thick Ethiopian hair. It was so straight and shiny after I ran a flat iron thru it people were asking if I had got it done at a salon !!! I love it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by piccolamandorla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm sure this is fantastic for thicker, coarser, heat styled hair. Kerastase is always a good product, but Nectar Thermique was way too heavy for my fine, dry, heat styled and color treated hair, and don't even get me started on the smell...it should be called Nectar Burnt Plastique if you ask me. Yuck! So uncharacteristic of the Kerastase line! I used it on and off for over a year because I needed a heat protectant, but I found it to be a bit too heavy for my hair.

I recommend Ciment Thermique for fine hair.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by charissez

i am in LOVE with this product. makes my hair super soft and manageable, especially after a blow dry. i love that it doesnt weigh my hair down. definitely has improved the texture of my hair too. will repurchase. a HG and a staple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 9:43:00 AM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a huge fan of Ciment Thermique, but when I was running low on my 2nd tube, I decided to check the boards before repurchasing. The reviews for Nectar Thermique made it a no-brainer, so I bought this instead of my usual (beloved) Ciment Thermique.

The only negative w/Nectar T. is the fragrance. Jesus God - what were they thinking?!? It smells exactly like 99% of the shampoos at your local drug store - totally OTT, FAKE, FAKE, FAKE floral; the sort of scent a 5-year-old girl would be crazy about. It is so repulsive to me, & I sometimes smell it on my hair hours after it's dry. So, if anyone w/any clout at Kerastase is reading this, *please* change the scent to the heavenly grapefruit scent of Ciment T.

Rant over. OK, in spite of the god-awful scent, I cannot in good conscience take off even one star because this formula is spectacular. My hair is pin-straight, thin & fine, so I use a chickpea-sized amount on ends, working it up almost to scalp. It adds volume to my hair & gives it real substance, which is lovely. And there is something else that no one has mentioned . . . the day *after* I've used this, I wake up & my hair still looks blow-dry perfect! Before using this I had to blow-dry my hair every day because when I wake up it's totally flat. I don't know how this works, but no matter how I sleep, I awaken with full, perfect looking hair, all fluffy like just after I've dried it. Go figure. Yes, this is worth the price because as many have already mentioned, you use a very small amount. With Ciment T. I use probably 6 or 7 times more, per application, and that's a lot!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by chimmzy

Update:
I wrote an upset review for this product a couple of weeks ago, telling you guys just how bad it smells and how I expected so much more from a product in this price range.
I just updated my rating from 2 lipsticks to 4... Hey! A girl can have a change of heart, right?
It's quite good. Actually, Nectar Thermique is more then quite good, it's almost brilliant and near an HG...
I was so impatient to see a result and the first uses let me down so hard, I thought this product would change the status of my hair from day one, and no it didn't.
But after a few weeks, I've started to see a result.
The first thing I had to learn about N T, was how much product to use.
My hair is very dry and I need quite a lot of this product, it says to use a walnut size on the bottle, and that's how much I need.
The second thing was how to distribute it.
I put it on the ends, then the lengths, then the scalp. All the way through, and I really take time to massage it toroughly into the strands.
I also let it sit a couple of minutes before blow drying.
I bet you don't need to do the same procedure, but if you've bought this and don't really get it, like me, this might help?
I re-apply day two after wash with excellent result, it acts softening and slightly de-frizzing on dry hair.
The result is very shiny, bouncy, not-at-all heavy hair.
Have in mind that my hair is extremely dry and applying so much product and so near your scalp will probably not work for everyone.
But it's a must for me, and having done so, I'll have to call it money well spent and yes, I'll probably repurchase a new bottle even before this one is empty, just to make sure I don't stand without one morning.
The scent though... Yuck. That's still not acceptable.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by puccachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i absolutely love this product! I needed a new regiment for my hair because my hair was very dry from coloring it every few months. Since summer is coming I wanted a more softer look and a UV protection, which this product does both! If you have a hard time deciding between the ciment, nectar and chroma thermique, just look at what kind of hair you have. For Ciment, use it if you have weakened hair and it is much more thicker than the nectar, I suggest you not to use too much or use it if you have thin hair because it could weigh down your hair. Nectar, use it if you have dry hair, which I had a problem with. I heard Nectar also protects hair color. Chroma is for color processed hair but I didn't choose this because nectar moisturizes and protects hair color. I would recommend nectar if you have dry hair and dry hair from coloring. I use nectar and blow dry my hair with a comb. Blow drying with a comb will make your much more silky. After blow drying, combination with sublimateur jour makes my hair so silky and soft!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No