Kerastase Nectar Thermique

4.4

Aqua/Water, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Potato Starch Modified, Behentrimonium Chloride, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Polyquaternium-4, Methylparaben, Amodimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Trideceth-6, Citronellol, Xylose, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Hydroxycitronellal, Coumarin, Limonene, Cetrimonium Chloride, Royal Jelly/Royal Jelly Extract, Parfum/Fragrance

on 11/30/2010 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this! Makes my frizzy hair smoother and softer. Went for a short trip with only a carry on and had to leave this behind because the bottle is over 100ml. Made me realise how much of a difference it makes!

Does not make my hair greasy - which is great for me because most hair products do. A small pea size is enough for my long-ish hair.

I really like the smell. Smells like royal jelly which I think is nice. Def would buy again and again.

Small gripe (other than the price) is the bottle, not sure how much I'll have to waste when it's close to empty.

on 11/14/2010 1:04:00 PM

I held off on trying this for so long due to all of the negative feedback about this product's smell. So first I want to address that. Honestly, I don't think it's bad at all! I was expecting a gross rotten chemical smell, but it just smells like a generic perfumed hair product to me. It's similar to the Loreal Nutri-gloss line and some Redken products. I don't mind it at all, and the scent faded on me within 5 minutes of use anyway. That said, I am kicking myself a bit for not trying it sooner. This is a pretty awesome product. It is extremely moisturizing and great for heat styling. I use it as a leave-in conditioner to air dry and then use a little more before using a flat iron or curling iron. I'm sure it would work great before blow drying as well. Even when air drying, my hair was super soft and had minimal frizz (which is not common for my hair). I have thin and fine naturally curly hair, and this is not too heavy for me. My hair can be difficult to style at times, but this actually makes styling a breeze. It is very expensive by my standards, but I do only use a little bit at a time and I am willing to pay for the results I get. I also really like Ciment Thermique, which has protein. As to the question of whether you need both products... well I suppose that depends on your needs. Since I do style with heat, it's nice to alternate the protein/strengthening product (CT) with the super moisturizing product (NT). Bottom line: expensive but worth it.

on 8/14/2010 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

It helps to soften my thick, dry and rebellious hair. My hair volume is decrease. The price is worth. But I never try this kind of product from another brand. So, I cant compare whether this is the best product before ironing..

on 8/9/2010 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have long straight Asian hair... I apply roughly almond size amount and work it thoroughly through my towel dried hair. Works brilliantly. My hairdresser even suggested I could get away with using a cheaper shampoo and conditioner as long as I followed up with the Nectar Thermique! It makes all the difference.

I don't blowdry too often and only iron my hair about once every couple of weeks... but this product works great on it's own and gives an amazing shine and softness without weighing it down. When I wake up the next morning my hair seems to look so much better and sits better which helps me save time getting ready!

I'm truely addicted to this product. Not fussed on the scent of the product at all, it doesn't even linger in your hair so I am unsure why so many people have complained about it.

As for the price, for the amount you get and the actual amount you use, it's so worth it! I know this bottle will last me about a year so I think it all works out - especially when I think about the money I've wasted trialling products and throwing it out when it's barely been used anyway.

Recommend everyone to try this!

on 8/8/2010 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

OMG!! This is amazing. I have long thick wavy hair and this stuff is "the tamer". Its pricey (in Australia anyway!) but so worth it. After years of trying to find a product that truly smooths my hair, with little fuss or bother, this is IT!! Leaves my hair soft, straight and easy to manage. Tip though - DON"T put too much on and its not for those with thin or fine hair (it would, in both cases, weigh it down). I will purcahse this again.

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I just bought this product, reluctantly because of the bad reviews regarding its smell.
Make no mistake, the smell is not so nice. BUT this product's smell it's not perfume either. It's the natural smell of the Royal Jelly it contains which I instantly recognized because I used to eat Pollen once for proteins and vitality and that's exactly how this smells like too.
But since it's a natural smell I assume that Kerastase chose to keep it rather than add more chemicals and an artificial perfume which I must say I find it a good decision. Because once you just see this product work, the smell is in the background.
This product is truly moisturizing. I used it on dry hair too and it didn't weigh it down or made it lose its shine like the sales-woman at the Kerastase salon said it might do if applied on dry hair.
This is a really good hair product and I don't think you will find anything from the heat protectants range quite as nourishing as this one. I used it on dry hair and then flat ironed it and I could feel my hair behaving differently for the first time in months under the extreme heat - it was soft, bouncy (!!!!) and even shiny.
Just don't ditch this product because of its natural Royal Jelly smell. You can use a light hairspray afterwards with your desired perfume and the Royal Jelly will not be detectable anymore.
I gave this product 3 points for expensiveness, even if it is expensive, because of its quality. I have bought from the same price range products from TIGI that supposedly also protects against heat (The S-line) and it didn't prevent my hair getting split ends at all, or had the same qualities as Nectar Thermique.
So this product is not too expensive imo, it's just average because you can just as well waste the same amount of money on better smelling products from many brands that just do nothing good to your hair.
I like Kerastase a lot, but I never found a WOW product until now.

P.S. and it Nectar Th. stills smells a lot better than their Oleo-Relax Slim treatment that contains a perfume so sweet and heavy, "old lady" perfume I call it. At least N.T. is not perfumed.

on 8/1/2010 4:19:00 AM

I am also a fan of ciment and chroma thermique, this is a richer and more moisturizing version. I like to mix them depending on the season and how my hair is feeling. The thermique products are amazing - I always go back to them and they definitely make the hair look and feel stronger.

EDIT - still in love, years later. I buy up in bulk when I can get it cheap (its well-priced in the UK). A tube lasts 9 months so for 15 pounds that is not bad.

on 7/17/2010 3:02:00 AM

This stuff is awesome! I apply it before I dry my hair with a hair dryer, and it makes my hair silky, smooth and shiny. :3

on 7/16/2010 2:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Looooooove this stuff!!! I used to use Ciment Thermique, but it just didn't have enough moisturizing effect. The Nectar works great for dry hair AND as a heat protector AND as a smoothing balm for blowouts AND for damaged hair too. i live in a really dry climate, so most heat protectors or straightening balms will result in me having totally pin straight hair with zero volume. Nectar Thermique smoothes it enough to straighten, but doesnt weight it down, so I still get a little bounce. It does kind of smell like grandmas (I heard the scent was modeled after Chanel No. 5), but by the time I've blown out my hair and used my InStyler or curling iron, you can't really smell it too strongly. A walnut sized amount is plenty for long hair to make it smooth, soft, and shiny!

on 6/21/2010 7:17:00 PM

I rarely write reviews bit omg. This product made my hair so manageable and so shiny!!! I have thick Ethiopian hair. It was so straight and shiny after I ran a flat iron thru it people were asking if I had got it done at a salon !!! I love it!!

Popular Styling Products