Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in conditioner

4.1

organic Mango fruit extract, organic slippery elm, organic marshmallow root, organic lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance

on 2/15/2011 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This conditioner is THE TRUTH for my hair. Wonderful scent, slip and softness. Despite the high price, I will be purchasing this again and again.

on 2/14/2011 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I use this leave in cream not really to detangle but to define my curls. It does that really really well! I'm not sure about the moisture aspect of this cream. I don't feel my hair is dry after using it, but then again I make it my business to moisturize twice a day and deep condition twice a week, so my hair is pretty well moisturized to begin with. My hair is usually very frizzy though and I'm always trying to coax that curl definition out of the frizz - well this leave in does that beautifully.The fragrance is light and fruity and the cream itself is very light - not heavy at all. I'd recommend this product to any curly haired girl with kinky hair (like mine) or otherwise.

on 2/8/2011 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

This conditioner is really good! The ingredients are 100% natural, no silicones or any of that hair coating crap! Although its not cheap I'd say its def. worth it. I don't any other product in my hair except this! I just wash my hair, dry it, put the leave in conditioner in, and detangle my hair and I'm good to go! Keep in mind though this stuff is potent so if you don't have thick hair then hardly use any if you have thick curly or wavy hair this will be really good for you!

on 1/16/2011 12:34:00 AM

I've been searching for a silicone free detangler, and this is by far the best. It's definitely more of a detangler than a leave in, however. I don't think it is heavy enough or moisturizing enough for that. I follow it with a heavier leave in since my hair is dry. What this does do is give my hair the slip that allows me to detangle it easily, something I've been searching for since I switched to silicone free. A little goes a long way and the bottle is huge, so I don't think it's too expensive at all. This is definitely one of my most used products.

on 12/13/2010 10:09:00 PM

uuum i like this stuff its nice and mosturizing and works great for my hair but...

Its not as mosturizing as i thought it would be, but i really cant find anything better so i will stick to this

on 12/9/2010 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This stuff does make your hair easier to detangle and it has great ingredients. However Its nothing to write home about atleast not to the extent in which everyone else is raving about it. It is very expensive and not moisturizing enough for as a leave in conditioner for my thirsty coils. I can get just as much "slip" and much more moisture from one of my cheap conditioners. Will keep this in my stash though.

on 10/14/2010 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Love, love this leave-in. I have thick, barely wavy hair (also SD-prone) and this works beautifully. In many ways, it reminds me of the old Biolage Gel....back before they ruined it with a reformulation. I'm on my 4th bottle....so now I stock up from curlmart.com.

on 9/23/2010 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Seriously guys...it is the BEST detangler I ever used...leaves my hair super soft and shiny..smells delish....1000 times better than any other leave in i have tried..omg...wonderful! LOVE!!!!!

on 9/20/2010 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

A holy grail product for me. I stray every few months out of sheer boredom or rather ADHD for high end haircare products, but I have routinely come back to Knot Today over and over again. My hair is thick, naturally curly/wavy, color treated (some sneaky greys) and approximately bra-strap length. I would spend my last beauty dollar on a good conditioner and leave-in - they're that integral in my having a great or 'ponytail' hair day.

Knot Today is lightly scented, easily absorbed and no matter what styling products I layer over it, keeps my hair very soft and manageable. As my BKT has gradually faded, my waves and curls are out in full force as my hair grows longer. I like to forgo the flatiron the longer my hair gets and am not looking forward to Winter (aka bring back the hairdryer). Knot Today lets me add a styling product (Aquage Sea Salt Spray seems to be what I am reaching for most often now) and lightly blow dry for less than 3 mins, then I'm out the door with soft, shiny hair.

5 lippies and 2 thumbs up from this gal.

on 9/18/2010 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

KCKT is a great leave in condtioner if you are using KCCC some other gel-like styling product. I use is on my daughter's hair when she is sporting her "curly girl" look. I use about a quarter size on towel dried hair wait about 5 minutes and apply KCCC. The knot today really seems to make a difference when using the custard.
However, I gave this product only a 4 because it's not that great on its own (not bad but not great-especially in light of the cost). You have to be very careful not to apply too much as your hair can turn out a little crunchy.

Popular Hair Products