Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

2.5

Aqua (Water), Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Sodium Laureth 11 Carboxylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol Denat., Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266), Red 40 (CI 16035)

on 2/17/2013 3:02:00 AM

I really really want to love this product but I cant... I have it in "Blackest Black" and trust me, it really is opaque black in one swipe. It is even more pigmented than my Majolica Majorca Automatic eyeliner which I absolutely love.

Besides the good pigmentation and good formula, every thing else about this product is just meh. For some reason it keeps leaking even if I leave it upright (Tip facing up) and the ink goes everywhere except on the felt tip. So I just use it on its side to line my eyes normally and use my majolia eyeliner to draw the winged tips. Also, the felt tip feels really rough on my eyelids and it literally smells like permanent marker.
I would probably give this a second chance in case I got a faulty batch but I probably wouldn't recommend this to others.

I know a lot of people don't seem to like this liner, but I really love it.
I have tried the Essence, ELF and a few other pen liners, because I am just starting to get into liquid pen liners, and I have to say, this one has really worked out the best. The tip on the ELF liner is rock solid and hurts. The one on the Maybelline one is a little flexible. This one is right in the middle. Its has a little give, but not enough to effect your control. I store mine upside down in my eyeliner cup, and it has never leaked or spilled like the Essence one. It also has a very even application, but as I stated, storing it upside down is very important. It also is very black, and doesn't fade very much or go patchy. I have hooded eyes so I need something that sets but gives me a second to correct any mistakes easily which this one does, and then it sets and stays put. I haven't had any issues with running or shifting. I would suggest also, make sure you use cream shadow it is either set and dried or set with a powder. I say if you have a coupon or see it on sale, really give it a shot. you might be surprised. Ill be repurchasing.

on 2/5/2013 2:23:00 PM

I like the fact that it will stay on all day, save for the inner corners of my eyes. I like the felt tip applicator and the amount of product you get. I also like the fact that it is incredibly easy to remove, and on my fair skin leaves a nice bold line. But those who are in love with this eyeliner have clearly never watched a sad movie, got caught in the rain, or chopped a strong onion while wearing this. Holy raccoon eyes, Batman! I have never encountered this kind of running in my entire eyeliner wearing life (20+ years). I will be looking for something a bit more water resistant.

on 1/29/2013 4:04:00 AM

This eye liner stays on all day from 8:00am -5:00pm for me. I would have to apply 2 layers to get pitch black dark liner it does a good job of winging the eyeliner pointed tip very precise and there's a lot of product in the little liquid pen liner

on 1/20/2013 12:59:00 PM

This is my first pen eyeliner and I really like it. Much easier to apply than a pencil. Product stays on all day (unless I rub my eyes excessively, but then I suppose it's my fault). Would buy again.

on 1/11/2013 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Usually, when a product gets such a bad overall rating, I tend to agree, but I actually like this product. My rating is more like a 3.5. It's not a bad eye pen. Maybe Revlon switched things up recently?
Eh, anyways, I really like this eye pen. It's nice for drawing on eyeliner, and, if you're careful, it's alright for a winged look. The color is very dark and pigmented, and staying power is good if you're not rubbing your eyes or anything of the sort. It's also lasted me awhile, so you won't be shelling out $10 for five uses.
While the pen is sturdy, it's really much too big for a very precise application. If they were to shrink it down a smidge, I would be the queen of winged liner looks.
Still, like I said, it's not a bad product. Certainly not worth the hate it's been getting.

on 1/6/2013 10:42:00 PM

I bought the blackened brown colour, and found it almost uselessly thin and watery. It is easy enough to use, but takes a significant number of strokes to get dark enough to have any impact.

on 1/1/2013 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I don't understand why its rating is so low - I actually really love this pen!
Learned how to use it and now can't live without it :) It's pigmented, goes on easily, keeps very well for many hours. In my opinion it's really good product and very affordable - couldn't find anything better for this price!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this is my favorite black eyeliner ever, and one of my favorite eyeliners of all time along with my mac fluidline in dark diversion. there are many reviews from impatient people who say it's not pigmented enough, which is what I originally thought too. Most of them threw the eyeliner out after one or two uses and impressions. However, after using it for a little bit, the color became less watery and much more pigmented. the felt tip is easy to control and just the right thickness. I LOVE this product. Hope this helps :)

on 12/22/2012 11:17:00 PM

I'm surprised this one has more bad reviews than good. For me, it's one of the best eyeliners. The blackest black is dark enough. I really don't like fine tip pens. This is thicker and denser. And the color stays on till I remove it at night. I've tried the Japanese ones and they're expensive and isn't dark enough. I don't like using liquid liner cause it's messy and harder to get it on. The pen is easier to control. This is half the price of the Japanese brands I use. So I will definitely repurchase.