Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

2.4

Aqua (Water), Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Sodium Laureth 11 Carboxylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol Denat., Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266), Red 40 (CI 16035)

on 12/13/2012 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really like this! I picked it up on a whim, wanting a liquid eyeliner. I expected it to be nice, but I assumed that like most liquid eyeliners it would crease with my oily lids without a primer. BUT IT DIDN'T! I am amazed that this eyeliner has held up on my eyelids without a primer. YAY! This makes my life so much easier :) ... I hate using a primer just for days when I want to wear eyeliner.

It is also super easy to apply, and is very pigmented. I recommend that you store it upside-down so that the ink will be at the brush, then you don't have to shake it to get the ink :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

first impressions on this product was horrible. the formula was very watery, not "blackest black" as they claimed. for a drugstore eyeliner pen for about $10-12 CAD, this product did not deliver at all. Although I have had some luck with it after leaving it upside down overnight so more of the formula could trickle down to the tip, it worked a little bit, the formula is usable enough, but I still have to go over the line with another eyeliner just to make it as black and make it look as pigmented as I wanted it to be in the first place.

on 11/25/2012 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this in case if their other liquid liner didn't work out for me (see my review for that). When I used liquid liners in the past, I preferred the felt tip pens because I have no brush skills. Anyway, I've had a horrid experience with this product. It is not pigmented at all, and it's such a dry formula that it doesn't glide on smoothly. So, I couldn't layer the color even if I wanted to. If Revlon had a fail product, this would be it.

on 11/9/2012 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hate this eyeliner. I like the packaging and tip but the product sucks. It takes forever to dry and when it does it still moves around everywhere. Regardless of if it is over a primer or not. Boo

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am surprised at how bad this eyeliner is. I bought brown and could not even see the line. It worked great on paper and terrible on my eyes. It does not even show up on my eyes. I threw it in the garbage on the same day that I bought it.

on 10/23/2012 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not pigmented, it smudges, and drys out too fast. The only good thing i could say about this is that it is very easy to apply, so if you r a beginner you can practice with this.

on 10/23/2012 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This product stung on application. The felt tip was very rough and coarse so imagine applying that to your eyes. When trying to apply it, it didn't glide across the lids like good eyeliners should. The color was not super pigmented either.

For the eyes, since they're much more sensitive than the rest of the face, it's probably better to opt for a more expensive brand.

on 10/19/2012 7:32:00 PM

i dont know why this is getting so many bad reviews
i love this eye pen its great for those who cant do eyeliner with liquid brushes
this is so easy for me to get a nice smooth line and create a wing with
its not dry it doesnt skip and has great color pay off what more could you want? plus it lasts all night!
i will for sure repurchase this over and over!

on 10/17/2012 9:21:00 PM

I got my eyeliner in the brown shade.... i dont like it at all, it just is a really bad eyeliner... The color barely shows up, kind of hard to control, it wipes of SO easily. It just is not good, i dont like anything about it, if i were you dont get the brown... I havent tried the black and i am not planning to.

on 10/15/2012 8:56:00 PM

I bought this product without reading any reviews. I love most of the colorstay products. This one totally sucks. It is so light, it goes on streaky, light and dark, if I go over it, It will remove some of what is on and move it or remove it. Can't get a decent line, I am so disappointed. Was hoping this could be my HG eye liner pen. WRONG, I think it is the worst I've ever bought, I'm an eyeliner junkie.
Save your money.