Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

3.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Panthenol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5, Green 5, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Fragrance

I don't exactly like this wash. I had tried the scrub before and switched to the cream wash because I felt that my skin was getting a little dry and therefore producing more oil. So I began using the cream wash and it didn't help the oil at all. If anything, I felt like my face was more oily. My face didn't feel completely clean. However, I am using this right now, but only a small amount mixed in with Cetaphil soap. It's not too bad when I use it the way I am now, but for the price, it's not worth it for me to buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I had high hopes for this stuff when I used it due to everyone else's great results, I used in on my face, chest and back for about a month, and unfortunately I didn't see and results at all. It didn't make my skin any worse though and it didn't irritate my skin at all like most cleansers seem to.

I have had comedonal acne on my forehead for years and years and nothing has really helped. This product has made my skin 80% clear which has been better than alot of creams prescribed by doctors with the added benefit of not causing the skin to become too flaky. Initially my skin reacted (became red, broke out a little) but has since gotten used to the acids in the product. I suspect it is the glycolic acid that is really helping as I have been using the Neutrogena salicylic acid treatment as well with only minimal effect. My skin is also really smooth.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I just picked this up on a whim one day at target because my skin has been looking its worst. I have really acne prone skin and this cleanser has cleared it up alot in the past 3 weeks that I've had it. I use my Clarisonic with it and i will say it stings my face really bad when i use it. I don't think it has made my skin smoother though.

I've never understood the negative reviews on this product. This cleanser is my HG and nothing has ever compared. This cleanser is soft, creamy, affordable and smells nice! And because it doesn't have any sulfates, it doesn't dry my skin out! It works wonders to keep my very acne-prone skin clear and soft!

It made my acne worse. It didn't work for me at all.

Pros:
It made my face FEEL clean

Cons:
My face was super oily again within 20 minutes!
made my acne worse

I've used this product for 2 weeks, and no good results. I had really high hopes for this, but it didn't do much for me. I have mild acne, but not the worst, and this product didn't clear up anything. It made my already existing pimples bigger -.-. It's now been a month since I used this, and my face cleared up. Honestly, you're better off with a simple soap (I recommend Dove Soap) and a good moisturizer (one from Neutrogena). Then once every week use a good exfolianting scrub, (I'm using Estee Lauder Volcanic Ash Exfoliant) Instead of using this product everyday. It was more effective for me, and gave me MUCH better results than this garbage. :)

yuckkk.
seriously, this really dissapointed me.
reason being it was yet another product that would make my skin sting.
but what's worse, is that the morning after l went to the gym and noticed my face was abnormally red. Usually my face doesn't get THAT red when l worked out.
so l shrugged it off and went over to the papertowel dispenser and rubed my face and it STUNGGGGG.
so when l took a shower l went back to my st.ives olive oil cleanser and laneige water bank gel cream... my skin said thanks.
ugh, the past few neutrogena washes l've tried SUCK.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I didn't have such a good experience with this product. I wish that it had some noticable effect on my skin, but I didn't notice any change in my acne (which is mild, but I also have oily skin/hormonal breakouts) in the 6 months that I used this. Also, if you use topical treatments such as Differin or Dalacin T, etc, you may find this is too harsh and irritating for your skin.

I really dont know where to start! I have been struggling with acne and blemishes since my teens! and it was horrible! After trying multiple products, and I mean product after product after product, I never found any good results that I was pleased with, and being 33 and STILL having breakouts, I almost felt as if, nothing was going to work! Believe it or not something as cheap and simple as this product cleared my acne, within a few days, my skin was already seeing improvements, and when it says that it soothes the skin, it does! My skin was so soft! Since I live in dry, hot weather, my skin can often get damaged by the strong uv rays, so I follow the use of this product with Aveeno Ultra Calming daily lotion, and it all works wonders! I am actually proud to say I can walk out of my house, feeling confident knowing my skin can finally relax and I can relax! I am soooooo glad I found something that works, I swear to you, god only knows whats in this product that works but it does, and when you use it, it makes your face all tingly, as if you can feel it digging deep cleansing your pores of all impurities. If you have severe-mild-moderate acne, or even no acne and want something to help, TRY this! It worked great for me and I am only hoping it will work great for someone else, because I know how it feels, to not feel confident in your skin and with this I feel great!

Just a little tip:
To make my face even more fantastic I use Neutrogena Skin clearing Mineral Powder in the morning, it contains .5% Saliclyic acid and it fights acne throughout the day while making your face fantastic at the same time!

It doesnt hurt to try something new, try stuff and dont give up!!! It took me twenty years and I finally have the great skin I have always wanted! Now by me saying it took Twenty years, dont take it the worng way as if your going to be struggling with it that long too, just be patient, relax and sooner or later, you'll find something to help you! (: