December 20, 2014 | 1668 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by hepcat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't have such a good experience with this product. I wish that it had some noticable effect on my skin, but I didn't notice any change in my acne (which is mild, but I also have oily skin/hormonal breakouts) in the 6 months that I used this. Also, if you use topical treatments such as Differin or Dalacin T, etc, you may find this is too harsh and irritating for your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by reviewgal

I really dont know where to start! I have been struggling with acne and blemishes since my teens! and it was horrible! After trying multiple products, and I mean product after product after product, I never found any good results that I was pleased with, and being 33 and STILL having breakouts, I almost felt as if, nothing was going to work! Believe it or not something as cheap and simple as this product cleared my acne, within a few days, my skin was already seeing improvements, and when it says that it soothes the skin, it does! My skin was so soft! Since I live in dry, hot weather, my skin can often get damaged by the strong uv rays, so I follow the use of this product with Aveeno Ultra Calming daily lotion, and it all works wonders! I am actually proud to say I can walk out of my house, feeling confident knowing my skin can finally relax and I can relax! I am soooooo glad I found something that works, I swear to you, god only knows whats in this product that works but it does, and when you use it, it makes your face all tingly, as if you can feel it digging deep cleansing your pores of all impurities. If you have severe-mild-moderate acne, or even no acne and want something to help, TRY this! It worked great for me and I am only hoping it will work great for someone else, because I know how it feels, to not feel confident in your skin and with this I feel great!

Just a little tip:
To make my face even more fantastic I use Neutrogena Skin clearing Mineral Powder in the morning, it contains .5% Saliclyic acid and it fights acne throughout the day while making your face fantastic at the same time!

It doesnt hurt to try something new, try stuff and dont give up!!! It took me twenty years and I finally have the great skin I have always wanted! Now by me saying it took Twenty years, dont take it the worng way as if your going to be struggling with it that long too, just be patient, relax and sooner or later, you'll find something to help you! (:

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Mfettig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started to use this after everything else didn't work, thinking maybe stress was the issue. Now, it works so well it is my HG. I also use on my back to clear it up and it is a miracle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

I bought this instead of the power scrub by mistake! I thought 'No big deal. It's still the same stuff'. WRONG!
This helps clear up existing&pre-existing acnes but doesn't seem to prevent them from emerging.
Next time I go to Walmart, I'll be extra careful so I pick up the power scrub, not this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by hbelle21

Bought this after my cheekbones started flaring up and am totally unimpressed. Used it for months religiously and my acne never cleared up at all. Totally disappointed, had such high hopes for this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by drdoodles

Before I start my review, I would like to say I do not have acne, but I have acne prone skin. I always on the look out for products especially facial cleansers that do not cause acne. I bought this product because the store did not have the usual Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Stress Control Foaming liquid wash. I decided to get this since they are in the same Acne Stress Control family. First off, I have to automatically deduct a star because this product has menthol. I don't understand this trend with putting menthol in facial cleansers. I hate that cool feeling and I can't imagine that menthol is good for the skin. I understand this product is in cream form, but damn, it is really really creamy. The little granules, do nothing in my opinion, and the cleaning aspect is ok. It did not cause me to break out and the smell is pleasant. I am not going to buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2011 8:18:00 AM More reviews by minnie157

"Make acne one less stress" was the kind of optimistic, infomercial catch phrase that made a sucker like me purchase this particular cleanser. And sadly, like most infomercial products did keep its promise.
I used it religously for almost a month and, though i don't have acne prone skin, just a some tiny pimples scattered on my T-zone, it did nothing to improve my skin. Rather leaving it dry and flaky and disapointed, like waking up to an empty bed the morning after a one night stand.
Though some pimples DID become slightly smaller, but the amount time it took for this to happen makes me think it was just nature taking its course and the pimples going away naturally and NOT the cleanser.

The smell is bearable, a lot nicer than other acne cleansers and the exfoliating beads do what they're meant to... strip off dirt and oil which astoundingly made my skin feel refreshed and tingly!

Good buy? hardly.. Recommend? Not really, but Hey! maybe you'll have better luck

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by shenrikson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Hazel

For me, this cleanser was not strong enough. I was using the Pink Grapefruit scrub until my skin started drying out, I suppose due to the dry air in winter. I switched to this and for the first two weeks or so, my skin felt way more hydrated and my breakouts started clearing up. However, soon enough, my breakouts came back and worse than they had been in a long time and my skin felt way too oily. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with oily, acne-prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by neonswedishfish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very good at clearing up acne! It's especially helpful during PMS when (my) skin gets especially sensitive. However, combined with tanning it did dry my skin because it contains AHA. Other than that it is fantastic and a must-have!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by xosydneyheartsxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this for a couple of days hoping to get good results. The only results I got were more acne AND a really really red face! I DO NOT RECOMEND THIS