October 23, 2014 | 1111 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Haruhi13

Color: On it's own, it's a gorgeous shimmery champagne color that could work as an eyeshadow by itself, it looks very natural on my NC20-25 lids. It does make the color of powder/mineral eyeshadows much more vibrant, but also a bit lighter.
Last: With this, my eye makeup lasted a good 8 hours before it started fading. (I don't have a problem with creasing).
Verdict: Pricey, but it does what it claims and works very well. The only complaint I have is the #^%$&* packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by JulieRL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dont like this as an e/s primer at all. Its wayy worst than the other UDPPs such as eden and the regular one. this one is too shimmery for my liking and turns up a bit pink on my skin tone which is just gross...dont like it and will not repurchase. Oh and it also makes my eyelids really dry. I recommend the too faced shadow insurance primer. Its wayyyy more moisturizing and actually makes my e/s last.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by kandrews580

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The original and the Eden are FANTASTIC, this one has no staying power. Will not buy again. (love the color though!)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by mandamarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is for the new primer tube packaging. This is my first eyeshadow primer, so I can't compare it to other brands but I do know that it works so well I don't feel the need to try anything else! I've been using it for about a month now and I am very pleased with it. I have very oily eyelids and I don't know why I even bothered to wear eyeshadow without primer for so long. It always ended up sliding into a gross greasy line at my crease.

The first few times I wore this, I decided to see how long it would hold up. I used it with some shadow at about 5 pm, didn't wash my eyelids at night and it was still pristine and crease free at noon the next day! I've never been so excited about a beauty purchase before. I can actually use a brush to put on eyeshadow now without fear of it creasing within the first hour.

The color Sin is a gorgeous shimmery champagne and accentuates almost any color of eyeshadow that goes on top, it also looks pretty all by itself. It will probably last me a long time, I use less than 2 millimeters per eyelid!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by budgetbeauty87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the new squeeze tube packaging. I love this product and am also surprised by the low reviews. This is one product that I use on a daily basis and can say I probably would never want to live without. Over the years I have struggled with eyeshadows because I have hooded asian oily eyelids. I started using this product years ago when it was still in the awful packaging with the wand. Initially I thought it worked well but was kinda dry, hard to spread, and too shimmery. Now I realize that was probably due to the packaging, which tended to dry out the product. With the new squeeze tube the product tends to stay creamier and easier to spread. I have a mini version of the regular primer potion, and honesty I love this one more and use it almost daily. It keeps my eyeshadow in place and works well with both shimmery and matte shadows. With shimmery shadows it enhances the shimmer and with matte shadows on top it leaves a nice satiny finish that actually looks better than a pure matte shadow look in my opinion. I usually spread it onto my eyelids using a tiny amount with my fingers, and smooth it in a thin layer from the base of my eyelashes to a little above my brow bone. I will sometimes apply a second layer if I want it to be more shimmery, but a thin layer adds a subtle sheen. Then I apply shadow up until a little under my brow bone so that I leave some of the primed area uncovered by shadow. Doing this gives me an instant brow bone highlight and gives more dimention to my eye look. I would say that it is expensive but worth the $$ because it will last a long time and works really well. I think it is just as good at keeping shadows on and from creasing as the original formula, but this adds a nice sheen to my eye look. Also, it can be worn alone without shadow on top, which is really nice for days when I am in a rush. It does feel a little tacky at first without shadow on top but dries to a nice finish. I have worn this alone with a little eyeliner many times, and it keeps my eyeliner from fading, creasing, or running all day long. This is one of my favorite products (did i mention that already? =p), and I would consider it an essential part of my everyday routine. Really can't live without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by AhyKayGee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in the new packaging. It is a shimmery bronze color, works great under copper or brown shadows. Makes them last all day!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I like it, but I don't love it. First of all, I think this shade is just too shimmery for my skintone as an all-over color. I'm on the medium-to-tan side, so if I get even just a tiny bit too much of this on my eyelid, it looks like a frosty mess and is hard to blend down with the shadows I use, no matter what colors/finishes I'm wearing. Secondly, I don't feel like the primer aspect works as well as the original. I feel like I still crease a bit (although it's much less than I would with no primer at all), but with the original formula, I would only find very slight creasing at the tail end of a very long day...

I'll finish out my tube (I have the awful original packaging with the slightly bent wand, but I won't be turning to drastic measures to get the last bits out), but I'll stick with the original from here on.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Dractylcat

I love it! I was showing a friend the difference with and without it on my hand in the evening. Forgetting it was there, when I woke up the next morning, the eyeshadow was still on the back of my hand the same color as when I originally brushed it on.

It's great by itself when you apply more. However, I can apply very little and it still works great even with colors that aren't nudes like blues or greens.

I love how true eyeshadow colors are with UDPP. Sin just adds a very subtle shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

wow, surprised by the low rating for this compared to how loved the original is. Granted, that may be due to that horrible original wand tube, but they have a squeezy tube now which is the one I have. I tried Greed first but felt it was too bright and shiny yellow gold so glad I opted for Sin, it's perfection. The new tube is adorable too.

It took me awhile to come back to this, as I was not fan of the original due to horrible allergies I experienced with it :( Sin does not seem to bother me though ,which is awesome. I love the shimmery champagney-nude shade; all by itself as a cream e/s or under any of my neutral colors, which is the majority of what I wear, or as a highlighter shade. I was initially afraid it might be to OTT for daytime, but it's no more shimmery than a lot of normal e/s out there, and definitely not glittery as say, Midnight Cowboy, for example! Then again, a little goes a long way and it's true that you should use less rather than more or you could end up with gilded lids ;) You won't need much to get your shadows to look great and stay put anyway, without creasing or fading. I apply just a little dot and blend with my finger and so far this method does just fine.

This is such a unique primer shade that I'm glad I took the chance on it despite all the issues I had with the original. This it does exactly what I want it to and looks fantastic, worn alone or not, and looks even more amazing with the new Naked2 palette, if such a thing is possible. If you want a great primer for warm or neutral shades, or even just a nice cream e/s in this shade, give it at try. It does seem to live up to much of it's hype, thankfully.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by DriouxAnnaSky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like the new tube package, because you get a whole lot for your money. i took off only one lipstich because i wish it was a slightly lighter champagne colour, so i could use it in my inner corner- unfortunately, the key to this on fair skin is blending a ton! other than the slightly too dark colour on my skin, i love this primer. adds so much shimmer to my eyeshadows, and is absolutely beautiful. also, i do not crease at all, and the pay off is, of course, super great, as with the original primer potion. i do wish this formula was as tacky as the original though- i feel like it is slightly drier. overall, a wonderful product!