L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

3.7

on 6/2/2010 1:14:00 PM

I love, love, love this mascara. After many years of experimenting with various brands I threw out all of my marcaras when I found this one. It is the ONLY one I have found that leaves no racoon smudges, stays put and doesn't flake. I can wear it all day, and if I want a little extra volume for evening I add another coat of the black. I can even wear it on my lower lashes.

It comes off with a slight soaking of water, no need for eye makeup remover and it's gentle on my lashes unlike waterproof ones.I have had it withstand a little tearing-up (a good cry will leave you with a few "tubes" on your face or tissue).

Please L'Oreal do not EVER discontinue this product, or I will be grievously lost once again.

on 6/1/2010 10:19:00 PM

I am only giving this a full five lippie rating because it is perfect for me when I coach (soccer, outside, humid, sweaty, lots of sunblock....). It stays put despite the weather conditions. I would not use it for my everyday mascara because it doesnt give volume and tends to clump.
Works well on the beach as well.
You will not like this if you like thick non-spidery lashes.
You will like this if you are in hot humid summer weather and want a long lasting mascara as an alternative to waterproof.

Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral

EDIT; I knocked this down from 5 lippies to 2. Yes, it's great that it doesn't smudge, but I think that it was causing my lashes to thin. Also, it didn't give me any fullness at all, and my lashes looked long, but way too thin, and "spiky". Have switched from this to Maybelline's "Full and Soft" in the waterproof version. Like the look better, lashes don't seem to be damaged, and I like the smaller tube...Double Extend's tube is HUGE and chunky and takes up a lot of room in a makeup bag. Sorry, L'Oreal...good concept, but not for me.

The reason that I'm giving this five lippies is that it's the ONLY mascara that truly will not smudge and you can even sleep in it without waking to the dreaded raccoon eyes. While it does not thicken my lashes, it does seems to lengthen them. I bought this quite some time ago and used it only a couple of times and then went back to my Maybelline "Volume express" and "Full and Soft". But I get sick of having to use eyemakeup remover and still having those dreaded "rings" ....my undereye circles are dark enough, thank you very much, without adding to them with smudged mascara. So, I pulled this out of my drawer and decided to give it another try and I'm glad that I did.

Because waterproof mascara is so hard on the lashes, and because this mascara isn't....I give it five lippies. I also find, and this may just be me, but it seems to "curl" my lashes without my having to use the eyelash curler. The advice of others to apply the white conditioning formula and then immediately apply the mascara is spot on.If you dod that, it keeps the mascara formula from clumping and gives a very nice and defined effect. I have always wanted to wear mascara on my bottom lashes, too, and with this formula, I can do that without worrying about it smudging. I think from now on this will be the mascara that I use as I'm so tired of smudges and difficulty removing waterproof formulas. Thanks MUA gals for all of the good advice.....I always check this site before buying anything new.

on 5/30/2010 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

With light blonde, almost white lashes -- it's a trick to find the right mascara, as I ALWAYS wear mascara, no matter what.

Intrigued by the technology, I read the reviews here, first, before I purchased. The advice on putting the primer on first and while it's still wet, put on the mascara -- excellent. Because sure enough if that primer dries (and it dries fast!) the mascara can't cover doodly squat without clumping every eye lash, it seems.

I don't care for waterproof or even water resistant mascara, as I don't like pulling the delicate area around the eye or yanking out my lashes daily. So I've always used normal formula mascara, with baby shampoo to wash it off (no tears!). It's been effective for almost 20 years.

When I discovered this mascara, I couldn't believe my fortune. While it doesn't give me dark, naughty, full lashes like I've enjoyed with other mascaras, it is worth 5 lippies just on the fact that this stuff NEVER rubs off, smears, or runs even during SLEEP or my poor year-round allergy-weepy eyes. Then to top it off, it comes off effortlessly with warm water!! WOW WAY COOL.

Yes, the spider-type stuff that rolls down my face and sticks to the sink (or my shower walls) is creepy, but it's not really fair to pick on a mascara that is waterproof without having to yank one's eyelashes out to finally remove it.

on 5/25/2010 9:07:00 PM

Amazing. Without MUA I would have never found this let alone understand tubing mascara. This is the ONLY product that doesn't smudge on me. LOVE IT!

on 5/24/2010 10:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this mascara. I've always had trouble with mascara smudging and this does not smudge. As far as removal goes, I found that if I washed my face first and THEN used a wet washcloth to remove it, it comes off quite easily. I think it needs to be wet for a little while to loosen the tubes. I don't use the white side, so to me that is a waste. It's a little pricey for a drugstore product but I was previously using LORAC Publicty Stunt Mascara at $19 a pop, so this is much less, plus this goes on sale occasionally.

on 5/16/2010 9:07:00 PM

i loved the idea of tubes. I tried this with and without the primer. On me it gave me spider eyelashes with uneven application. My lashes started to clump together. I can't say how it lasts since I didn't like the look I took of and reapplied a different mascara. I love the packaging both lids clicked shut. I wish either the formula or the applicator worked for me but they don't.

on 4/4/2010 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love this product! I have quite oily lids and I am quite an active person so I normally have panda-esc eyes by the end of the day. However, this product goes on quite evenly, makes my eyelashes look longer and doesn't smudge and is waterproof in cool water.

I am currently traveling around Europe out of a van and I love that I can get the mascara off easily with just warm water. Its such a great no-fuss product especially for those people who get irritated skin and eyes when using liquid makeup removers.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I was on the hunt for the perfect drugstore mascara and i saw the attractive red and white tube hanging and though "Ehh my lashes need the length so why not" it's kinda steeply priced for drugstore (i think maybe 12 dollars?) but i figured i didn't have much to loose. All in all this stuff is pretty good. It lengthens beautifully minus the clumps. The only cons though are that to get it off it kinda...goops/flakes which can be a pain if your hunched over the bathroom sink insted of in the shower, and also that it has NO VOLUMIZING PROPERTIES whatsoever, that dosent bother me too much, as i have more volume than length so it's just what i need! Give it a try :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Although it doesnt claim volume, i was diappointed with how thin and pointy this made my eyelashes and the fact that it was a pain to remove. all in all, no.