October 24, 2014 | 1596 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bare Escentuals - Kabuki Brush

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by bfennell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The Kabuki brush was a great disappointment. Although the fullness provided good coverage of product, I found it scratchy and it immediately shed. After the 3rd washing the bristles came out of the base. It was minimally held together with cheap adhesive. I have a seven year old Bobbi Brown brush that has held up better than this brush which I owned for less than 3 months. I regret that I purchased it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

OMG this along with some other older BE brushes are some of the worst brushes out there. I bought this when I was very young, just starting out with makeup. It is literally the scratchiest, worst kabuki brush ever! And they had the audacity to sell these at the $20-30 price range. And then the fact that I bought it but back then I didn't know better. Now the only thing I would use it for is maybe scrubbing dishes, even then the sponge works better.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by thedogatemyname

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

ICK!!! This is the worst brush I've ever used. It's harsh, scratchy, and sheds like crazy. I'm afraid that I go out looking like I have tons of facial hair because this brush sheds so badly. I have to check and then recheck to make sure all of it is gone. I don't like anything about this brush and would never purchase again. Your better off buying a brillo pad. This is harsh on my sensitive skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by littlefreco9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a HORRIBLE brush! I really hate it! - It is very very rough and scratchy - when I use it I always feel ike I am scratching my face! This brush is twenty something dollars - which is a total rip off considering how rough it is. For those of you who even begin to think this is soft - try Everyday Minerals Flat Top Brush and you will wonder what in the world you were thinking. The Everyday Minerlas Brush is also WAY cheaper - $10! for awesome quality! and maybe even cheaper if you buy a kit.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2009 5:14:00 PM More reviews by cookayhaikoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the brushes I got with my get started kit. I have had it for about two years. At first I really liked it, but over time it seems to have gotten scratchy. After I wash it, it is fine though. The only other thing I have to complain about is the small handle. To grip it is very odd for me, I am a handle girl! I recently tried the kabuki with the long handle and LOVE IT. It it also shorter and very dense so it works very well for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This brush is not dense enough for me. It doesn't give me as nice of a coverage as I would like. It's a little scratchy but I don't mind that so much. Just it's lack of density.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2009 12:51:00 AM More reviews by trana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This a poorly made brush. It is scratchy and does not apply the product evenly. This was a very disappointing purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2009 6:00:00 AM More reviews by hbwf87

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So, my response to this product is "no"
It hurts my face
I got it free with a starter kit about 4 years ago
It does work if you just want a light dusting of a powder or of MMU, but it hurts to buff with this brush. and it's too big to designate for blush.
So "no", just "no"!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2009 5:42:00 AM More reviews by ahraffarha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a scratchy brush. At first it seems to be very soft but after a wash or two it gets terribly pokey! It hurts to buff your face in with this brush and it sheds like no other.

I mean really, the shedding and breakage is terrible.

Do not buy this brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2009 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Buerre

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fairly soft brush, doesn't scratch, but isn't as silky as M.A.C. brushes tend to feel. It also does not provide a full coverage for me because the bristles are not dense enough. The coverage is decent, but I often have to do two layers with this brush, where a denser brush would accomplish in one.

In my opinion, buy this as a starter brush, then move on to a softer & denser kabuki or buffer brush.