Bare Escentuals Kabuki Brush

2.6

I got this brush with my BE starter kit. I thought BE foundation made my face itchy, so I stopped using it and switched to Revlon Colorstay foundation, then MAC MSF Natural. Itchy, itchy. This morning, scientist that I am, I realized the unifying factor (besides my face): This damn brush!

It's already prickly to begin with, and, despite being pretty full and fluffy, it does a pretty poor job of buffing. The only reason I haven't gotten rid of it yet is that I'm in the middle of a Project 5 Pan, and I'm embargoing beauty products until I finish 5 things I already have. But... maybe this shouldn't count? Right? RIGHT!?

I like to use this brush for buffing out any uneven spots i may have missed and also to apply blush or to apply powder to set my foundation.

The Kabuki brush was a great disappointment. Although the fullness provided good coverage of product, I found it scratchy and it immediately shed. After the 3rd washing the bristles came out of the base. It was minimally held together with cheap adhesive. I have a seven year old Bobbi Brown brush that has held up better than this brush which I owned for less than 3 months. I regret that I purchased it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

ICK!!! This is the worst brush I've ever used. It's harsh, scratchy, and sheds like crazy. I'm afraid that I go out looking like I have tons of facial hair because this brush sheds so badly. I have to check and then recheck to make sure all of it is gone. I don't like anything about this brush and would never purchase again. Your better off buying a brillo pad. This is harsh on my sensitive skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a HORRIBLE brush! I really hate it! - It is very very rough and scratchy - when I use it I always feel ike I am scratching my face! This brush is twenty something dollars - which is a total rip off considering how rough it is. For those of you who even begin to think this is soft - try Everyday Minerals Flat Top Brush and you will wonder what in the world you were thinking. The Everyday Minerlas Brush is also WAY cheaper - $10! for awesome quality! and maybe even cheaper if you buy a kit.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is one of the brushes I got with my get started kit. I have had it for about two years. At first I really liked it, but over time it seems to have gotten scratchy. After I wash it, it is fine though. The only other thing I have to complain about is the small handle. To grip it is very odd for me, I am a handle girl! I recently tried the kabuki with the long handle and LOVE IT. It it also shorter and very dense so it works very well for me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This brush is not dense enough for me. It doesn't give me as nice of a coverage as I would like. It's a little scratchy but I don't mind that so much. Just it's lack of density.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This a poorly made brush. It is scratchy and does not apply the product evenly. This was a very disappointing purchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

So, my response to this product is "no"
It hurts my face
I got it free with a starter kit about 4 years ago
It does work if you just want a light dusting of a powder or of MMU, but it hurts to buff with this brush. and it's too big to designate for blush.
So "no", just "no"!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is a scratchy brush. At first it seems to be very soft but after a wash or two it gets terribly pokey! It hurts to buff your face in with this brush and it sheds like no other.

I mean really, the shedding and breakage is terrible.

Do not buy this brush.