October 24, 2014 | 1787 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Contour Brush

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by kpaul1016

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really think I got a bum brush =( It is not dense enough, and therefore when you try to use it, the metal ferrule digs into your eye. I would not buy another one of these if they were all the same, but anyone who has multipules of the same ELF brush know that no two are identical. I would be willing to give this one more shot, just hope the next one is more dense.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Kyakimochi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! It's perfect for the outer corner of my eyes and I love using this as a crease brush. Fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 9:43:00 AM More reviews by honneygurl2008

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

wow..this is such a good deal for people to be it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 4:43:00 AM More reviews by xAlleGegenAlle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a great brush for the 75 cents I paid for it. It works perfectly for applying dark colors to my outer v for a little extra definition and also works for applying shaodw under the lower lashline. I don't understand people saying the ferrule scratches their eyes when they use it - they must be pressing VERY hard because the only way I can even feel the metal part on my skin is if I hold the brush sideways against my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by aseabeesprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this for a 1.00 and thought hey it may or may not work, but glad I did this is one of my go to brushes everyday. It blends so well and had a great handle to hold in your hand. I now have many other of the elf brushes and they work just as great as my more costly brushes,,,,

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Lisahh

I think I got lucky compared to the other reviewers because my brush came to me in perfect condition. I really like this brush, it's dense but has got a lot of give to it. It holds eyeshadows really well and it blends nicely. My brush has a bleachy/new smell to it, but I'm sure it's because I just took it out of the packaging. It's a very good brush to own, probably one of the more useful brushes from the line. I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Missyb1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been scared of ordering this brush for a long time because of some of the previous reviews (scratched and bleeding eyelids *shudder*), but when the studio line was 75% off, I thought I'd give it a try. For reference, the ferrule and bristles are almost the exact same size as Smashbox's #15 Definer brush, but since the ELF one is less dense it has more give and actually blends better than my Smashbox brush. I'm still a bit wary and extra careful when using this (don't need any more scars on my face), but overall I really like it and have already ordered a backup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by surburbanurgency

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was worried by some of the other reviews that it would be half-full or not crimped, but I got this in the mail today and my brush does not have that problem. I love it! I use it for the crease to apply color and also to blend. I like it a little better than their $1 blending brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 4:09:00 AM More reviews by ericaleigh777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I gave the packaging quality a 1 on this brush because as other reviewers said they did not crimp the ferrule and if you try to use it the way it is it will hit your eye and scratch it. I actually scratched my eyelid so bad it brought blood! :S But I just mentioned it to my husband and asked if he could crimp it.

I told him I didn't care if it changed the shape because I couldn't use it anyway so why not experiment? He took a pair of pliers (or whatever those things are, I dunno really lol) And smushed the ferrule down flat. It turned the brush into the coolest eyeshadow brush ever! It's very much like the plain eyeshadow brush in the dollar line but smaller and will be perfect for the inner corner of the eye or the inner half of the lid. :D

So now that it is fixed I give it a 5 out of 5 lol before that though? A zero! Give it to your hubby and let him smush it! hahaha

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by shannlcooper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased all ten of the studio line brushes and love most of them. This one however, I do not. I think E.L.F forgot to fill and crimp the ferule, as mentioned by two others, as it only appears half full. Pushing the bristles to the side reveals a big nasty gap! This will not be going anywhere near my skin for fear that I would scratch myself when trying to use it! Also, all 10 brushes have an extremely strong chemical smell to them, I hope this is resolved in washing!