Almay Amazing Lasting [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

on 12/31/2004 10:17:00 AM

I already have concealers I adore -CDP, VL and Lancome - but I wanted a wand one I could carry around in my bag, so I tried this. What a surprise! For a drugstore product, this was really decent quality. I'm an NC30 and bought this in Medium, which worked well. It doesn't cover my circles as flawlessly as KA SSE or Cle de Peau, but it's good in a pinch and you can't ask more than that.

on 12/30/2004 10:53:00 AM

I think this conncelor works really well. I use it under the Bare Escentuals mineral foundation and it blends perfectly and doesn't clump or cake.

on 12/25/2004 4:11:00 PM

An overall average concealer. It is way to sheer to cover anything. It couldn't even cover the lightest and smallest acne scar that I have. The color is horrible, I bought light and it is just too light that I look ashy. My skin is NC20. However, I have to give it some credits since the texture is smooth and it blends well. The packaging is alright, it doesn't leak out. But, as a concealer it fails miserably, definitely will not rebuy. I'll have to continue my quest to find my HG concealer.

on 12/24/2004 11:55:00 PM

It's good and it matches my skin tone well. Lasts pretty much all day.. it seems a little bit sheer though, so if you need a heavier coverage this is not what you're looking for. otherwise, a very good concealer.

on 11/9/2004 1:58:00 PM

This is a HG for my daughter who has combo, break-out prone skin. We keep both light & medium on hand. When she has a blemish to cover, she taps the product onto it, then uses the pad of her finger to 'tap' it into her skin and this blends out perfectly and her skin appears virtually flawless. Another awesome attribute is it's staying power, it truly is amazing!

This is a greally great product! I have oily skin and it's hard to find a good concealer that lasts on my skin. Well, this is it! It lasts almost all day. Although this concealer is liquidy and a little bit thin, it is pigmented enough to hide blemishes and other dark marks. It settles well into creases, doesn't cake, and doesn't break me out. The color match is also great for my skin. The only negative is that this will come off easily when rubbed at. Otherwise, it's fabulous. Would definitely repurchase - this is the closest to a HG as I've ever found with concealers!

on 10/18/2004 6:49:00 PM

After getting very annoyed with previous concealors, I decided to try Almay Amazing Lasting after reading great things about it.

I love the concealor. Perfect color match (I got Medium and I'm a MAC NW20), very smooth texture, great coverage, and really does last long. Every once in a while during the day, I have to rub it in a little.

I took off a lipstick because of the packaging. It leaks, so it gets a bit messy. I usually have a tissue or towel near me to clean up the tube. Other than that, this concealor is great.

on 8/22/2004 3:59:00 PM

This is a really good, lightweight concealor which I use sometimes for my undereye circles(I switch between this and another depending on how tan I am). This stuff really is amazing lasting. As all girls with the problem of undereye circles will know, it is so hard to find a concealer that LASTS and doesn't crease to high heaven and look fake, but this stuff goes on really smoothly, and can be worn without any foundation , because it leaves really the fanitest make-up 'line' I have ever found in any concealor or foundation. It lasts hours without the need for a touch-up and no one will be able to tell your wearing any concealor. The price is fair aswell. Good stuff!

This is a good product, I like it better than the Kinetin concealer of Almay's. I used this in highschool as a concealer AND to "powder" my nose with instead of a clunky compact,..if you only have a few blemishes on your skin, then just use this concealer, no need for powder or foundation...until you really start breaking out and getting scars and major blemishes...use MAC studio fix concealer, it's the BEST and hides EVERYTHING!

I took off a lippie for poor packaging quality. Some of the product gulps out when you close the wand. That said, I think it's a really good concealer. I'm a LOLA and usually concealers make me look like a racoon. Not this one. I apply a tiny dab of moisturizer under my eye to make it more manageable and then like four dots of the product. Sometimes I use a brush but most times I spread it out with my fingers.It blends quickly and easily and is not cakey. You do have to get the hang of it because it can dry up really fast so I suggest applying moisturizer and the concealer immediately one eye at a time. I've also tried it as a shadow base which was the purpose I got it for originally. It works really well as a base too. I have it in medium and as I said, I'm a LOLA. It looks very natural. Would definitely repurchase.