December 19, 2014 | 994 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by mmsqueaks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, love love LOVE this mascara! I love everything about it so far, and I've been using it for about a week now. It thickens wonderfully, and it lengthens a bit, but I wasn't really looking for that in the product .. mostly just thickening. It doesn't hold curl the best either .. but once again, not what I was looking for. I like the fake eyelash, huge, thick, etc look and it's what I got. It does take a while to apply, you have to continually keep combing your lashes to separate them and get enough product applied, but I'm willing to do this for the result. And a plus, no flaking so far! The only thing I dislike is how difficult it is to reach my inner corner eyelashes .. and it sometimes gets a little on my lid. Oh well, use with your favorite primer, and it's a beauty. [:

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by colleenh86

I am on the fence about this mascara. Does it give me luscious, voluminous lashes without flaking or smudging? Yes. It's not the most lengthening mascara I've ever used, but I'd bet with a primer underneath, it would give great results. And it definitely "plumps" my lashes; I look like I've tightlined, but I haven't!

But it's so high maintenance! This is not a swipe-and-go mascara. I have to spend a long time scraping off as much product as possible before applying. Then I have to comb my lashes forever. And usually, I have to take a Q-tip and touch it up.

My main beef is with the packaging:
1. The brush is so fat it is almost impossible to NOT get mascara on my eyelid.
2. It is unnecessarily bulky, which is annoying when I'm trying to take it with me overnight.
3. The bottom is very small. Trying to stand this mascara up is sometimes like trying to balance a pencil on end.

Also, I hate the ingredients:
Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines

There's a lot of alcohol in here, which I would think would be drying to the lashes. Also, why the Sodium Laureth Sulfate? That's the foaming agent added to most shampoos (also very drying).

I'm not sure whether I'll be repurchasing. I can get over the packaging, but the ingredients bother me quite a bit.

UPDATE: My love affair with Max Factor was very short. After hearing from another MUAer that this mascara made her lashes fall out (yikes!!), I made up my mind to return it to Ulta. I suggest to anyone who uses this mascara everyday that you condition your lashes as night (castor oil has been great for me) or risk them becoming brittle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I have been using this mascara faithfully for the last twenty years. They have changed the tube about five times, but it is still the same great formula. Funny how the new tube looks like CG's new mascaras! I absolutely love this stuff and have tried lots of dept. store brands, and NOTHING even comes close to this one for thickening and even lengthening powers. Awesome classic!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by cherish832

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this product. I agree that 9.99 is a little over priced for a drugstore brand mascara but I got a BOGO deal at Ulta and I had a coupon of 3.50 discount. Though even with this discount this would've been cheaper for me because I have straight asian lashes and normally I use shiseido mascara base to keep my lashes curled and clinique high impact mascara for the volume. This waterproof mascara gives me the volume and it definitely holds my curl. I have tried diorshow, kiss me, maybelline great lash, avon shock, and bourjois pump up the volume and their volume clubbing. I will definitely repurchase this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by xoxokawaiii

ok so, i like this mascara. it does what it says , VOLUMIZE. right away, i have volumized lashes instead of my usually wimpy asian lashes. i got mines in extreme blackout , the non-waterproof kind. the only con i have about this mascara is that it doesnt hold my curls. either its just me or i just need a new eyelash curler. overall, 4/5

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 10:17:00 AM More reviews by mtack

I purchased this mascara in deep black, non-waterproof and did not thickened or lenghtened my lashes. The black color is not deep at all. I came to realized that these rubber brushes are garbage and damage the eyelashes. This is another marketing gimmick. Aslo, this formula irritated my eyes to the point that they became extremely red. Went straight to the garbage!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Julie888

I love this mascara. I got it in Extreme Blackout. CG Lash Blast used to be my favorite but this is way better. It is a nice deep black and it goes on so smooth without any clumps and I sometimes put on 3-4 coats. It doesn't dry out my lashes or weigh them down and it never flakes. It gives them tons of volume and lengthens them. Definitely give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by sunshine09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i really like this mascara. I have a ton of mascaras but this is the only one that both legnthen and thickens. i was wearing it today and i got two comments that it looked like i had false eyelashes on. it was a great d/s purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

l find that max factor makes great mascara. this is one of their most expensive mascara about $10.00 usa. i find that it does volume my short and thin lashes but it does not lengthen them. the formula is too thick for my lashes and it tends to make them not curl. this is a good mascara but i found that max factor volume couture is sooo much better because it volume, curl and lengthen my eye lashes and it is about $7.00 usa.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by leo36

I am reviewing the new 2000 calorie EXTREME not the original 2000 calorie mascara, big difference between those. I like this new version alot better, it creates dramatic lashes w/out smudging. The applicator brush is big but It does not bother me. Prior to this I was using Lash Blast, like that as well.