October 30, 2014 | 1671 users online

Crème - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by haleyanna19

UGH! why do all of my fave products get bad reviews overall?! haha! anyway, my HG foundation is the CG Smoothers Aquasmooth foundation, the one in the oblong navy colored case. LOVE that stuff. I have always been a creme fan for some reason--it just applies like a dream and covers my rosacea and acne while still looking natural. I also have trouble finding makeup light enough (NC15 is too light for me, to tell you how pale I am!) and the "very light" of this works for me. Blends like a dream, and I applied at 6 am and didnt have to blot (I use MAC Blot powder over this) until almost 5 o'clock when I met a friend for dinner. I am only 22 years old, I dont have any fine lines/wrinkles (YET!) to say as to how this covers those, but as a foundation, it has good coverage, feels smooth, and stays matte for most of the day. The ONLY downside is it is quite price-y for a wal-mart foundation (It's 13.49 in the South here!).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I noticed my 40 year old sister's skin was looking REALLY flawless. We both have dark splotches so finally I asked her what she was doing differently. She told me she was using this foundation with a dusting of MAC Studio Fix over it. I run out and buy it and now wear the same thing. The coverage is great, is long wearing without looking cakey, but it MIGHT be breaking me out. Haven't figured out if it's the makeup or the enormous amount of stress I'm under. Either way, it looks FABULOUS.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by FastKitty99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm still a little on the fence about this product. I've only been using it a couple of weeks and bought it primarily because I was going to be traveling. I normally use the Bare Minerals line which tends to be a little messy, especially when packing it in a suitcase. So I went to my local CVS and picked this up in the lightest shade, Ivory, which usually works well for my fair skin. I had the experience others reported with it being way too light - I looked very washed out and pale like a ghost. I took it back and exchanged it for the Creamy Natural shade which is the fourth lightest shade, and this looked much more natural on me. They really need to provide testers in the store as I'm sure this happens a lot. Anyway, it provides decent coverage if you apply it with your finger or with a foundation brush, I don't care for the sponge that is provided in the compact. I use it with a moisturizer to even it out. I probably won't use it as my everyday foundation, but it works well for travel and/or packing it in your purse for quick touch-ups. I doubt I will repurchase when this runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by bella1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for a while, Classic Ivory 210 (second shade), and the color matches well. For reference, I'm an NW15/NW20 (winter or summer, depending). I have combination/oily skin, and I wear this foundation over my oil free SPF15 moisturizer, and even at the end of the day, it holds well. Not greasy at all. The coverage is light/medium, depending on how you lay it on. It goes on smooth, does not flake or clump, and it blends really well. I like the sponge applicators, in fact, I wash them and save them instead of throwing them out and use them to apply other products, such as cream blushes. The packaging is iffy, as I had one break off after a few uses. But given how nice the product is, I'll deal with the packaging and be extra careful!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by nallaharas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I consistently use this product! I love this foundation. It is easy to apply, unlike a lot of other foundations it doesn't require heaps of working into the skin in various fashions with various tools just to get it to sit right. I use an el cheapo version of one of those beauty blenders to apply it with. I find if I want a light 'daytime' coverage i can use a wiping method with the sponge, if I want a thicker coverage or I need to conceal something I use a stipple or sponging method. I can go without concealer with this foundation (and do on a regular basis for work), but adding concealer makes it better although I wouldn't recommend layering this under your eyes as well as the concealer (cakey and seeps into fine lines). It really seems to create a smooth layer over my pores and skin. I've never had any problems opening the packaging though I've heard other people have. My skin feels comfortable all day in this which is important to me as I am susceptible to both breakouts and dryness. I do find it can crease a little under my eyes after a while but all it takes is a quick wipe with my ring finger to re-smudge it back into place. I do tend to get a bit of shine around my nose but again it can be remedied by a little tissue paper or just re-smudging. Considering other foundations are half gone by this stage it's not really that much of a worry to me. I am a foundation collector and I have bought much more expensive foundations that are easily outperformed by this. I would recommend using an oil free moisturiser underneath as oil-based ones won't let the foundation sit well. I use a finely milled hd transparent powder over the top, far better than a pressed powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by olivialoaf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My mom gave this to me, as the shade (ivory) was too light for her. The shade worked for me. The product seems creamy and thick so at first I was happy with the feel and coverage. After application, this looked camry, dry, ashy and muddy on me- completely unnatural. I only used it a few times, without the sponge applicator, just fingers. It might work for you depending on shade and if you have oilier skin, because it definitely covers well. Too heavy for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by cvoor

This is a beautiful product, love the packaging. I love cover girl simply ageless, soft honey, 240, is my shade.It goes on smooth, good coverage,makes my skin look better,evens out skin tone. I've tried other foundations, and this one is my favorite. It just glides on so soft and smooth,and my skin looks much better. I always go back to this foundation,no other I've used does what this does.Will continue to use, yes, a mirror would be nice,and I do use the sponge that comes with it,and it's easy to open.I've not had any problems whatsoever. Love, Love this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by beckhamlvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing this foundation for about 6 months now and I have to say I quite like it. I get tons of compliments on how great my skin looks. It looks very natural and lasts all day. I can even get away with not touching it up during the day or before going out at night. The coverage is nice but doesn't feel or look heavy. I don't like the packaging though and don't use the sponge. I've found that I get a better finish when I apply it with a foundation brush. The sponge tends to absorb a lot of foundation, which is not only wasteful but also can be cakey. I highly recommend applying it with a foundation brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by jessgia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I needed a foundation that I could go out and grab quickly to wear the next day. I don't usually buy DS makeup because it has always let me down and this turned out to be no exception.

1) The packaging is getting a lot of heat on here. It's not that it's BAD it's just excessive. There's too much thought put into how to open it and, IMO, too much packaging to begin with for such a small amount.

2) I bought the color that matched my skin tone only to find that the "primer" actually lightens the foundation when you put it on. ?!?

3) - and most important - It's slightly drying. Why on earth you would make makeup for a mature woman that isn't at least hydrating to neutral is beyond me. It settles in every crevice in your face, which I'm guessing if someone had acne scars they would be seriously up a creek with this makeup.

Conclusion: I've used it a few times as an undereye concealer because you only need a touch. Won't use it on my whole face. Definitely won't buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Susan2148

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second jar of this. I loved that I had found a color that matched me perfectly. I loved that I had something I could literally just slap on when I was in a hurry. I loved it until today. The top on my car was down, and I was just leaving Walgreen's (after a small lip haul). I got in my car, looked in the rearview, and I was horrified. I looked dry, pasty and pale, and every pore, line and line-to-be was not only visible but accentuated. As soon as I got home, I put the jar in the stash of stuff I hate but haven't thrown away yet. I gave it a 1 for packaging quality because even though I liked the product, the packaging stunk -- hard to open and especially difficult to figure out the first time around. Also, it is a bit pricey for DS, but I loved it. I love it no more. Back to my BE which at least diffuses some of the peaks and valleys of my face.