July 29, 2014 | 2126 users online

Crème - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by bella1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for a while, Classic Ivory 210 (second shade), and the color matches well. For reference, I'm an NW15/NW20 (winter or summer, depending). I have combination/oily skin, and I wear this foundation over my oil free SPF15 moisturizer, and even at the end of the day, it holds well. Not greasy at all. The coverage is light/medium, depending on how you lay it on. It goes on smooth, does not flake or clump, and it blends really well. I like the sponge applicators, in fact, I wash them and save them instead of throwing them out and use them to apply other products, such as cream blushes. The packaging is iffy, as I had one break off after a few uses. But given how nice the product is, I'll deal with the packaging and be extra careful!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by nallaharas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I consistently use this product! I love this foundation. It is easy to apply, unlike a lot of other foundations it doesn't require heaps of working into the skin in various fashions with various tools just to get it to sit right. I use an el cheapo version of one of those beauty blenders to apply it with. I find if I want a light 'daytime' coverage i can use a wiping method with the sponge, if I want a thicker coverage or I need to conceal something I use a stipple or sponging method. I can go without concealer with this foundation (and do on a regular basis for work), but adding concealer makes it better although I wouldn't recommend layering this under your eyes as well as the concealer (cakey and seeps into fine lines). It really seems to create a smooth layer over my pores and skin. I've never had any problems opening the packaging though I've heard other people have. My skin feels comfortable all day in this which is important to me as I am susceptible to both breakouts and dryness. I do find it can crease a little under my eyes after a while but all it takes is a quick wipe with my ring finger to re-smudge it back into place. I do tend to get a bit of shine around my nose but again it can be remedied by a little tissue paper or just re-smudging. Considering other foundations are half gone by this stage it's not really that much of a worry to me. I am a foundation collector and I have bought much more expensive foundations that are easily outperformed by this. I would recommend using an oil free moisturiser underneath as oil-based ones won't let the foundation sit well. I use a finely milled hd transparent powder over the top, far better than a pressed powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by olivialoaf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My mom gave this to me, as the shade (ivory) was too light for her. The shade worked for me. The product seems creamy and thick so at first I was happy with the feel and coverage. After application, this looked camry, dry, ashy and muddy on me- completely unnatural. I only used it a few times, without the sponge applicator, just fingers. It might work for you depending on shade and if you have oilier skin, because it definitely covers well. Too heavy for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by cvoor

This is a beautiful product, love the packaging. I love cover girl simply ageless, soft honey, 240, is my shade.It goes on smooth, good coverage,makes my skin look better,evens out skin tone. I've tried other foundations, and this one is my favorite. It just glides on so soft and smooth,and my skin looks much better. I always go back to this foundation,no other I've used does what this does.Will continue to use, yes, a mirror would be nice,and I do use the sponge that comes with it,and it's easy to open.I've not had any problems whatsoever. Love, Love this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by beckhamlvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing this foundation for about 6 months now and I have to say I quite like it. I get tons of compliments on how great my skin looks. It looks very natural and lasts all day. I can even get away with not touching it up during the day or before going out at night. The coverage is nice but doesn't feel or look heavy. I don't like the packaging though and don't use the sponge. I've found that I get a better finish when I apply it with a foundation brush. The sponge tends to absorb a lot of foundation, which is not only wasteful but also can be cakey. I highly recommend applying it with a foundation brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by jessgia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I needed a foundation that I could go out and grab quickly to wear the next day. I don't usually buy DS makeup because it has always let me down and this turned out to be no exception.

1) The packaging is getting a lot of heat on here. It's not that it's BAD it's just excessive. There's too much thought put into how to open it and, IMO, too much packaging to begin with for such a small amount.

2) I bought the color that matched my skin tone only to find that the "primer" actually lightens the foundation when you put it on. ?!?

3) - and most important - It's slightly drying. Why on earth you would make makeup for a mature woman that isn't at least hydrating to neutral is beyond me. It settles in every crevice in your face, which I'm guessing if someone had acne scars they would be seriously up a creek with this makeup.

Conclusion: I've used it a few times as an undereye concealer because you only need a touch. Won't use it on my whole face. Definitely won't buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Susan2148

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second jar of this. I loved that I had found a color that matched me perfectly. I loved that I had something I could literally just slap on when I was in a hurry. I loved it until today. The top on my car was down, and I was just leaving Walgreen's (after a small lip haul). I got in my car, looked in the rearview, and I was horrified. I looked dry, pasty and pale, and every pore, line and line-to-be was not only visible but accentuated. As soon as I got home, I put the jar in the stash of stuff I hate but haven't thrown away yet. I gave it a 1 for packaging quality because even though I liked the product, the packaging stunk -- hard to open and especially difficult to figure out the first time around. Also, it is a bit pricey for DS, but I loved it. I love it no more. Back to my BE which at least diffuses some of the peaks and valleys of my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by lstanley

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't have any idea whether I like Covergirls Simply Ageless, I can't get it open. I suppose I could break it, but then I wouldn't be able to return it if I didn't like it. So back it goes tomorrow.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by kadacozarh

I thought about buying this for a long time before I actually did-in fact I bought it twice-the first time it turned out to be too light so I gave it to my mom. The second time I got a better match and I liked the product until......I ran out of it in less than a month and I do not wear makeup every day! Then I noticed it only has .4 of an oz in the package. That is four tenths of an ounce. Look at other brands-most have one ounce and this one was no even one half! You are much better off to buy something like Mary Kay. While theirs is $20 a tube of it will last several months even if you use it every day. I do not know how Cover Girl will keep selling this one in a bad economy. It is an okay make up but certainly not worth the price. To have it last as long as the MK brand you would have to buy at least $100 worth.Mary Kay is a much better deal and you can have a consultant get you the perfect match.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by tirtlegrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation because the swirled colors looked so cool. I don't understand the large number of complaints online and on YT about the difficulty of opening the container; it obviously twists off even if it is stiff. You can see the screw threads through the glass, folks!
For the foundation itself: I would recommend this for people who have normal to oily skin. It dries to a nice powder/matte finish. It covers redness REALLY well and stays put all day. It doesn't sink into the teeny fine lines under my eyes, which is great, but I can't use it on my forehead because it makes the lines that are almost undetectable sans makeup look like troughs! It's really thick and dries fast, so the only way I can make it work is to moisturize like heck first, and then instead of waiting for the lotion to sink in I apply the foundation right away, lightly, with a damp sponge. A primer might make it go on better but the foundation is already expensive for a drugstore brand ($13 at wal-mart, up to $16 elsewhere) and the primer is about the same so if I'm going to spend that much money on makeup I might as well get a better foundation I can actually blend. Also: the foundation dries MUCH lighter than it appears in the package. I have very light skin with a slight ashy/yellow undertone, and normally just go for whatever CG foundation is lightest, but their 205 made me look like a ghost!

Final say: Love the coverage, but workability nil. Definitely better options out there!