Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 12/9/2011 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is by far my favorite Essie polish. It's sophisticated, clean, and beautifully natural looking. The only issue is that I have to apply 3 coats to actually see it on my skin tone and it doesnt wear too well over the Essie Protein Base Coat- after a couple of days the color fades. I gave the packaging quality 4 lippies because the brush is a bit too thin. I have bought at least 5 bottles of this in the last 2 years. My nail salon has it, but i love owning a bottle to give myself manicures in between salon visits. Overall, beautiful color, great texture, and not overly expensive for a NYC girl!

I've always had short fingernails that break easily, but I still want my hands to look "finished". I LOVE this polish! The color is very, very slightly pink which is perfect. I put on two coats and a shiny top coat and even my short nails look great. I highly recommend this color as well as the Sugar Daddy which is a little bit darker pink.

on 10/31/2011 3:55:00 PM

This color doesn't cover my natural nail color. I was very disappointed. I even applied like 4 or more coats and you can still see my nails. Then it was all Sticky and peeling off!! Yuck! I usually love Essie but this color was def not a good choice!

on 10/17/2011 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This was my first foray into Essie. I am very impressed with the polish. I like the chic little bottle and the slim brush. The polish is a nice thin consistency. I also like the very subtle sparkles (VERY, as in you can barely see them with the naked eye, but it adds some depth and interest). I have warm-toned skin and to me, this shade was just slightly too cool. I also feel that while it may work great for a French manicure (the traditional use of this color), it was not as opaque as I was hoping from the display in the store. Even with 4 coats, I could still see my yellowy nail tips underneath. So I would probably buy a slightly different (warmer) shade next time. Overall, however, I was greatly impressed with its ease of application, rapid drying time (because it's not thick or gloppy) and wear - it lasted several days without chipping.

Love this shade. I'm a neurotic nail-biter and thus never spend money on manicures, but Mademoiselle makes me look like I've dropped $25 on a French mani (without the tips, which I think are tacky anyway). What everyone else has said is true - it's sheer, but makes your nails look healthy, glossy, and just a little pinker than usual. It looks good against all outfits, warm and cool tones alike. I got my first bottle free in an award show swag bag and ended up buying a second one a few months later. Totally worth it.

on 9/20/2011 4:16:00 PM

I bought this one because I thought it would be a creme version of my beloved "Delicacy". In the bottle, the color looks exactly the same, but on my nails "Mademoiselle" played an ugly trick on me. I have fair yellow toned skin, and somehow the color of my hands, turned this polish into a luminous, neon purple nightmare. Even my colleagues who normally never comment on my nails (not even when they are green) asked me if Barbie had made me paint them in that color. I then painted my cool toned daughter's nails with it, and on her it was just a pretty, sheer pink - no neon, no purple, no nightmare. I really wish Essie would provide us with testers.

on 9/9/2011 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a classic. Been around for years! Great as part of a french!

I love this :D my nails are naturally strong and grow longer than typical fake nails and are squoval. Two coats of this makes them look even healthier, and sheer enough so you can see my nails. Also good for a very natural french.

on 9/9/2011 3:00:00 PM

dries fast, my nails look instantly gorgeous with one application!

on 8/10/2011 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go-to polish. Perfect for every day. Have already re-purchased several times. Very, very pleased with this product.

Popular Polishes