Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

Love this shade. I'm a neurotic nail-biter and thus never spend money on manicures, but Mademoiselle makes me look like I've dropped $25 on a French mani (without the tips, which I think are tacky anyway). What everyone else has said is true - it's sheer, but makes your nails look healthy, glossy, and just a little pinker than usual. It looks good against all outfits, warm and cool tones alike. I got my first bottle free in an award show swag bag and ended up buying a second one a few months later. Totally worth it.

on 9/20/2011 4:16:00 PM

I bought this one because I thought it would be a creme version of my beloved "Delicacy". In the bottle, the color looks exactly the same, but on my nails "Mademoiselle" played an ugly trick on me. I have fair yellow toned skin, and somehow the color of my hands, turned this polish into a luminous, neon purple nightmare. Even my colleagues who normally never comment on my nails (not even when they are green) asked me if Barbie had made me paint them in that color. I then painted my cool toned daughter's nails with it, and on her it was just a pretty, sheer pink - no neon, no purple, no nightmare. I really wish Essie would provide us with testers.

on 9/9/2011 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a classic. Been around for years! Great as part of a french!

I love this :D my nails are naturally strong and grow longer than typical fake nails and are squoval. Two coats of this makes them look even healthier, and sheer enough so you can see my nails. Also good for a very natural french.

on 9/9/2011 3:00:00 PM

dries fast, my nails look instantly gorgeous with one application!

on 8/10/2011 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go-to polish. Perfect for every day. Have already re-purchased several times. Very, very pleased with this product.

on 8/10/2011 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This really IS a lighter, more polished color of the color of my nail bed! I've painted this polish on one hand and comparing it to my other non-painted hand, I have to say the difference is subtle. But at $8, Essie Mademoiselle definitely adds a little "something" - it really would be great for work, especially in a more conservative environment. I find flesh-tone, nude polish to make hands look like a mannequin, which isn't always good (can look a little freaky), but this lightens up the color of your nail bed and just makes your nails look PERFECT.

Yes, I do need 2-3 coats of this polish BUT it doesn't streak so I have no qualms whatsoever :) Plus, I find I don't necessarily even need a top coat with this polish. Less work for me!

on 7/27/2011 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

A very sheer light pink polish. Gives your nails a nice natural glossy look. It's a great everyday color and I would repurchase.

on 7/26/2011 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Too pale next to my super-fair skin tone. Just looked like a slightly, barely pink clear coat. Effective for a nude shade but boring on my toes. I wish I'd known this was a sheer shade and not opaque. Disappionted...

on 7/20/2011 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love this shade, so natural and shiny. This is the second bottle I have purchased. My Mom used it as well and loved it. I especially like the way it just wears off, no chipping. I am pretty rough on my hands, cleaning, sports and gardening. This is perfect for a short, but polished look.

Top Rated Essie Products