December 22, 2014 | 1754 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Extra Volume Collagen mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara gives nice volume - you really don't need more than one coat for daywear. BUT - it flakes!! After a few hours, there were tiny flakes around my eyes. I have used it a few times now, and every time it is the same thing. Also, it doesn't seem to last very long and smudges. I don't know - something about it makes my lashes not look great anymore by the end of the day.
Luckily, I got it at a cheaper price. I won't be repurchasing.
I gave this 3 lippies originally. Scratch that - it's only getting 2 lippies. The extra lippie only because it actually does make my lashes look full.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

It's a great mascara that gives a fake eyelash result. The formula is a bit wet but it dries fast. The mascara brush is big but it's not too hard to use when applying it to the lashes. It didn't flake or clump or melt on me (I used it in the heat of summer).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by StaceyT88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite mascara ever.

I try others & always find myself coming back to this one.

I like my lashes to look dense, think & dark & this does just that! I love the thick brush & usually apply a fair few coats to get the finished look. I dont have great lashes to be honest & this makes them look pretty ok!

Drawbacks - I dont think the product lasts very well & because of this it makes it quite expensive.

I do rate Loreal mascaras on the whole & i think this has been there best one to date.

S
x

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by alexandramcke

The look i like my lashes to have are long, thick and full. This mascara can help you achieve this look, however, i dont think it will get that look on it's own. The formula is fairly wet, but i find it dries out quicker than other mascaras. The brush is a very big thick looking brush which i LOVE ..I used this mascara a few days just on its own, and it just did not look good at all. It made my lashes very thick, but boy did it leave them looking clumpy and like i had about 6 lashes .. It gave my lashes a little bit of length, but nothing i can't achieve with another mascara. I was disappointed on how fast it dried out, i throw away my mascaras every three months, and with about a month or so of use, i could see a big change , and that it was drying out. I do repurchase this mascara every once in a while, but it's not a product I rush out to get and stock pile. It's great for thickening them, but beware of clumping , the more coats you apply of this mascara, the more it clumped.
Everyone has different eye lashes, so it may work great for you on it's own, but for me, it did not.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not a good mascara for me at all.

Pros:
the packaging is nice and the brush is a nice concept

Cons:
the formula was very dry
the colour was ashy
flaked onto my cheeks
virtually unable to build up and volume/length/colour

A no-go for me. Wouldn't recommend. Definately not worth the price either, something like $20 AUD

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this when it first came out. I would use it faithfully with my cils booster xl lash primer, and my lashes looked amazing. Then the tube dried out in less than a month. I was so disappointed. So i didn't buy it. Until recently....i saw a girl at walgreens who had lovely lashes. I asked her what mascara she used and she said this one. I bought it and have been happy ever since. My lashes are lush and lovely without the cils booster. I think it has a lot to do with the application. I apply this mascara as if its a fiber mascara. My lashes look so pretty. I don't know if it will last more than a month. Time will tell.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by DizzyNicky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let just say this didn't work for me but I think it might work for others that don't have my problem child straight lashes. The formula is a little to wet for me, after I curled my lashes and applied this mascara it didn't hold the curl. The formula did add volume and the brush reminds me of the Dior Show brush which I like, but my lashes ended up being stick straight even after curling them again after the final coat had dried. If you have curly lashes this may work for you as it does volumize and add length. The formula was way to wet form me and didn't hold a curl.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by scarletsecretz

THIS MASCARA SUCKS. I don't know why I still decided to try it after reading so many bad reviews on it. The wand l-o-o-k-s amazing, but it does NOTHING. I did like 2-3 coats, and there was still barely any volume or length done. Plenty of other drugstore mascaras can do way better than this! Oh yeah, and this thing took FOREVER to dry. I touched it after 30mins and it was still "sticky". I'm so disappointed in this product that I just wanna chuck it out right away. I own another mascara from l'oreal but it never gave me problems like this. Beats me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by AmieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really didn't get on with this mascara, I found the brush really harsh and painful on my lash line. It gave nice length but made my eyelashes look a bit clumpy and spidery which I really dislike. I also found this flaked away a lot during the day and left me with dark smudgy patches under my eyes within a few hours. The packaging is nice and the price is reasonable but that is pretty much all I have to say on this mascara. Not outstanding but not awful if you are looking for a mascara for length. Maybe the waterproof version is better and doesn't smudge as much, but I'd rather go for a different mascara entirely.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara provided my lashes with excellent length and volume with minimal clumps, but this also flakes like mad all day long. I can handle the occasional flake, but this mascara literally sheds off and it looks so gross. Additionally this mascara dried up within 2 weeks of opening it. Definitely not a repurchase and I wouldn't recommend anyone waste their money on this mascara.