L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara

3.4

on 6/6/2012 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Simply BLOWN AWAY at this drugstore, dirt-cheap mascara!!! I was using Benefit "They're Real" ($25 at Sephora), and I DO like it a lot...but after using L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara, I will have to say that "They're Real" is now my SECOND favorite. L'Oreal EVC is my new go-to mascara - and for a fraction of the price! I have tried other drugstore brands (from Rimmel to Covergirl and everything in between), and I have to say I have NEVER found one like this one. With ONE stroke I see a difference in length AND volume...with a few strokes I have runway lashes. AMAZING!

I don't know why they call it "Extra Volume Collagen" - where is the "Extra Length" in the title? They are selling themselves short. It does BOTH!

No flakes
No cakeyness.
No wetness.
No clumps.
No smudging (even in warm weather).
And I didn't even buy the waterproof formula.

NOTE: If you're not used to a big, fat brush, it might take you a couple of times to adjust to it (it did me because "They're Real" has a smaller brush with finer bristles), but you will master it after a couple of times - and believe me, it's worth it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Just tried this out. Got it on the cheap and it was probably the best $3.50 I have spent. I think it makes my lashes look super fluffy, full, and long. My only quibble is it runs more easily than my last mascara, which was much more expensive, so I'm willing to make the trade. I would buy again and I'm even considering purchasing black-brown (because really, what fair blue-eyed blonde needs black on a daily basis?). I like the brush, which is also fluffy. Overall a great buy.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't understand the complaints about clumping and not drying and so on and so forth. The brush and the formula are fabulous -- with a few strokes my lashes were full and nearly scraping my brows and the effect lasts all the day. I got the black/brown, which is intense enough, even with my brown hair and early summer tan. I don't know why I'm giving it a 4 not a 5. Perhaps because I haven't tried Dior?

on 5/12/2012 6:46:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

1 word.... horrible..
I never was a big fan of L'Oreal mascara's and I do wonder now what the hell I was thinking when I bought this mascara. Yeah got it with special offer of 50% discount. Worth trying then. But boy I so regret it. Horrible.. horrible.. horrible.. I find the brush a bit too big for my eyes. Im scared I poke it in my eyes. Awful finish, clumpsy, horrible smell. Cant throw it away now. Will use it for touch ups or something. Not daily use worthy. Buy again? Oh hell no.

on 4/28/2012 5:08:00 PM

i like this mascara doesn't dry out too fast. As mentioned in other reviews is a bit flaky but would buy again because of the price. Not sticky like some of the cheaper volumising mascaras.

on 4/19/2012 10:51:00 AM

I used this mascara a while back. This mascara does lengthen, but it contains way too much fiber...so it flakes off very fast. Not even 5 minutes after I applied this, there were flakes all over my face. And, when I looked at my lashes, I could tell the mascara wasn't done flaking on me...it was definitely on the verge of creating more flakes. The formula was also too liquidy. This is honestly not what I was expecting from a L'oreal product. This performed more like a Maybelline mascara, (& I hate Maybelline). After I used up the bottle I had, I went straight back to my HG, which is the original L'oreal Voluminous mascara. It never fails me.

on 4/14/2012 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This mascara flakes more than I imagined was possible. Gives great volume but I found it too look almost black gray (more gray than black) which is so bizarre. I bought this two different times I have no idea why but it really did not work for me. Love the sleek packaging though.

on 3/23/2012 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This mascara gives nice volume - you really don't need more than one coat for daywear. BUT - it flakes!! After a few hours, there were tiny flakes around my eyes. I have used it a few times now, and every time it is the same thing. Also, it doesn't seem to last very long and smudges. I don't know - something about it makes my lashes not look great anymore by the end of the day.
Luckily, I got it at a cheaper price. I won't be repurchasing.
I gave this 3 lippies originally. Scratch that - it's only getting 2 lippies. The extra lippie only because it actually does make my lashes look full.

It's a great mascara that gives a fake eyelash result. The formula is a bit wet but it dries fast. The mascara brush is big but it's not too hard to use when applying it to the lashes. It didn't flake or clump or melt on me (I used it in the heat of summer).

on 3/21/2012 12:50:00 PM

This is my favourite mascara ever.

I try others & always find myself coming back to this one.

I like my lashes to look dense, think & dark & this does just that! I love the thick brush & usually apply a fair few coats to get the finished look. I dont have great lashes to be honest & this makes them look pretty ok!

Drawbacks - I dont think the product lasts very well & because of this it makes it quite expensive.

I do rate Loreal mascaras on the whole & i think this has been there best one to date.

S