April 17, 2014 | 1771 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Bamboo 5 Pieces Brush Set (Mineral Makeup)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by alex516

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Incredibly soft and an amazing value. I love these brushes and will buy the entire series soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by girly704

This set was a supergood deal, and the brushes are supersoft and easy to care for, but i find the synthetic kabuki and face brushes don't pickup enough mineral makeup for a good application. I find my Bare Escentuals Heavenly Face Brush and the Flawless Face Brush both do a better job of buffing in mineral makeup. As with the Ecotools powder brush, I find I'm using/wasting more product when I use these brushes.

However, the eyeshadow brush is really good for blending! I use it interchangably with my MAC tapered blending brush (224).

The concealer brush, I find to be much too large. I prefer a smaller brush for precision application on red marks and undereye circles.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by bittersweetjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who isn't blown away by Ecotools brushes. I wholeheartedly agree that they are extremely soft and well-constructed. The problem I have is that the synthetic bristles just don't pick up powder products very well. For my taste, they apply powder too lightly and in a streaky fashion. Also, there is a bit of "drag," like the bristles don't want to glide over the skin. They do an ok job, and I do use them for travel because of the convenient size, but they aren't my first choice. If you are vegan and don't use brushes made from hair, these are probably your best bet (as they are much more affordable than Urban Decay's overpriced synthetic brushes!) Personally I prefer real hair brushes for powder products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well I have to agree that these brushes are sold at a great price and I also have to agree that all of the ecotool brushes are extremely soft and gentle to the face, however I can't really get on the whole 'ecotools are the most fantastic brushes ever' bandwagon. Considering the price I got better brushes than I expected but they weren't great.

I can appreciate the appeal of the softness factor but sometimes certain products just call for a stronger stiffer brush. I find the baby kabuki brush in this set pretty much useless. It is nice and soft but it also flimsy in some ways. I need a kabuki that will stand up and blend the minerals into my skin. The baby kabuki bends and folds and flops over when trying to blend and I feel like the mmu is just sort of getting dragged across the surface of my skin instead of being blended in.
Same with the larger blush brush or is it a powder brush. I'm not sure but either way it's not as good as my other brushes. Again it's soft and feels nice but doesn't do as good a job as my mac blush and powder brushes.
The small blending brush is very nice and seems adequate for blending my eyeshadows. No complaints about this brush. The concealer brush is nice too but I have a better one.
Overall ecotools makes good brushes for the money they charge but they are not that remarkable in quality. If I knew someone on a tight budget or someone who was very young and just starting to get into makeup brushes I would recommend ecotools to them because as I said, they are not bad brushes for the money. But if someone told me they wanted good high quality high performance brushes and they didn't care about price, I would probably steer them in a different direction.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Love, love, love. So soft. Inexpensive for the quality you get. Compact handles. Attractive design. This company's brushes reminds me of Too-Faced's lovely brushes.

CONS: May be a bit too soft for those who don't like that in their brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by vampira428

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these brushes. I use them everyday and they are so soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by sparklykitty12345

LOVE! Such a good brush set! I only ever use these four brushes everyday. Comes with a convenient case (even though I never use it because it never leaves my bathroom :P). The brushes are sooo soft and not scratchy at all. Have not had any problems with bristles falling out. Would definitely buy again! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 3:36:00 AM More reviews by HayJenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love most of the brushes in this set although the larger kabuki brush is a bit to soft to use as my main brush to buff in my mineral makeup so I use it to applying a finishing powder and for that it works great.

What I really love is the mini kabuki which works wonderful for applying my mineral makeup under my eyes. A little goes a long way there and you want to apply with a light hand as to not enhance fine lines.

Conceler brush awesome when using with my Benfit Boiing .

I've never had brushes this soft. Went out and bought the blush brush on it's own and that works great as well.

Really glad I took the recommendations here and gave this line a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticman

brishes are sooooo and sooo amazing the hairs do not fall out and they apply my powder so well. i would have liked the concealer brush to be a bit more compact and small ( to get more product and control out of it) but it still works fine and there all SO SOFT !!!! i love themmmmm

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by MishiMoshi

These Brushes are AMAZING !
i amsoulutly LOVE them. They are soooooo soft, just amazing <3