September 16, 2014 | 1717 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by naddrique

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

omg please dont ever use this every single day , i made that stupid mistake. it broke me out like CRAZY. i used it for 3 weeks, and i got a million little bumps under the skin on my cheeks. im now on accutane and its bronging them all up, but it seriously ruined the texture of my skin. i am acne prone and i did have oily skin at the time which is why i used it, to control the oil. NEVER AGAIN! irritated the crap out of my skin. i asked thr lady at sephora and she said this happens to alot of people due to how much silicone there is in it. save your skin from this awful product

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by lovepetite

This primer is without a doubt, the best primer I've ever used. It comes in a very nice glass bottle with a pump, which is great and keeps it hygienic. For my combination skin, it works perfectly especially around my oily t-zone area. I've never been much of a primer person until I tried this product, and wow, what a difference it made in my overall finished makeup! My foundation or tinted moisturizer stays put all day, and throughout the day, my foundation/tinted moisturizer looks amazing, and sometimes...I think it looks even better! This works well for me both in the colder months when my skin is a little drier and not as oily in the t-zone, and in the summer, if I use the right foundation or tinted moisturizer, my face doesn't look greasy. It is pricey, especially in NZ ($101 for the full size sold at mecca cosmetica, and $33 for the travel size, and I've only ever found it at mecca cosmetica (which is an amazing store filled with nars, stila, sunday riley, hourglass etc products btw), so that is a bit of downfall for me. Other than that, this primer doesn't irritate my skin or make it break out, no scent which I love, and a little goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by melanieeatsghosts

I originally received a sample of this with my Sephora order, and boy was I blown away. This primer is like rubbing velvet all over your face, and it is heavenly. It does manage to reduce the redness in my cheeks, and on the days its too hot to wear a liquid foundation, I apply this and then a pressed powder.

Price is a huge factor though, and so far Ive only bit the bullet on buying the smaller $18 version, but this is definitely a product I would splurge on.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by fatttoad909

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, it is VERY pricey but sooooo worth it. I tried the sample size and only use it on special occasions and only apply on t-zone. I have combo skin and this primer fills in pores, helps blend foundation, helps with oiliness, and give a beautiful finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by joshquinto

Best primer ever for my oily skin.. I got my money's worth because i just love love it

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 4:40:00 AM More reviews by Peacefulbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG is HG but too$$$

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by tinydancer041

Broke me out like crazy! I bought this for a special occasion and while it did help my make-up stay on longer and my foundation appeared smoother, I was left with cystic acne afterwards. I've used it a total of 3 times and each time I used it, I would wake up with a new cystic pimple the next day.

In conclusion, this product is very pore-clogging so avoid if you are acne-prone!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by stealthxgrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I ended up with two samples of this primer from Sephora on separate occasions. For whatever reason, I kept forgetting I had them, and didn't try it out until recently. I've finished both samples, and I can't believe I took so long to try this. I've already gone ahead and ordered the full size from Sephora, because I love it that much. It smoothes out my skin, tones down the redness in my cheeks, makes my foundation last all day, and helps with my oily skin (I don't get oily as quickly when I use this). I wish it wasn't so expensive, but I haven't found a primer that works this well, so I was willing to pay for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by ghousegal2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this primer, especially since I heard great things about it. Unfortunately, I don't.

My skin is normal to dry, and I'm in my 30s. I usually use MUFE primer, or no primer at all with my MUFE foundation, and it's great. But I wanted to try something new, and after reading reviews I decided on Hourglass primer.

Unfortunately, I can't use this primer. It didn't work with my skin type. This made my skin very very very dry, and my foundation looked horrible: blotchy!

Also, this primer 'promises' to calm/eliminate redness, and it doesn't. If you have normal/dry skin don't use this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by melixo23

okay so let me start off by saying i first bought this product back in december of 2011 and i ended up returning it because i felt it made my skin super dry and flakey. I am always on the hunt for a holy grail primer, i have tried korres vitamen e which is amazing for dry skin types and really made my skin smooth and silky but too much for my combo skin, i love smashbox, benefit porefessional, mac prep and prime, laura mercier and many more. well anyway i went back to sephora and picked this sucker up again, i tried it for a week my face broke out like heck..i tried to think why but i had recently tried a new moisturizer...i switched back to my dior snow global transparency and with this primer all i can say is wow! it makes my skin look silky, brighter my pores look amazing and i definetely feel like it does make my makeup stay however i do still have to blot my tzone. I think it def makes a difference on what you use to exfoliate cleanse moisturize etc besides the makeup you wear. Sometimes it might not be the makeup it could be a bad skincare product breaking you out!