December 22, 2014 | 1642 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by reneeerose

This product is wonderful to use on the skin, for keeping my makeup on, i'm not too sure about it's longetivity but for the feeling it gives my skin after applying it - it mattifies, makes my skin feel soooooooo nice and soft and flawless. but for the price - it's very very expensive for what it does on my skin..

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by emilyhannelx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Product rave!!! I don't know what it is about this primer but it gives my skin an absolutely flawless glow. My makeup lasts longer with this underneath and I don't find my foundation transferring or sliding around. It mattifies my oil pretty well, though I do have to blot a little during the day. But it's the flawless finish this product gives my makeup that I'm so in love with !

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by pikacharma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Absolute trainwreck on oily skin. For some reason, this is being advertised as mattifying and it's not, at all. It does make makeup glide on super smooth, and I looked fabulous for about 30 minutes, but then the shine started in and I had to blot and re-touch all day. I can see how this could be a great primer for people who don't have to worry about oil or excessive shine, but if you've got oily or combination skin, this is NOT a mattifier or anything even close.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only primer that's not breakout-city for me. I find it's like a moisturizer/primer. Works great for my dry/normal skin. This makes it to where I use less foundation and keeps it looking fresh and lovely all day. Very little goes a long way for me. No issues washing off.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by renee1148

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This primer is by far the best! I use this, then Tarte's amazonian clay foundation, and at the end of the day my makeup is still really really good. I don't need to blot my t zone with this primer. Even though it's expensive, it's well worth how it makes my skin look. It doesn't only keep the oil at bay, but it makes the skin look flawless! Wouldn't be without it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by asian_vixen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ever have samples that come through and just toss in the drawer even if you see good reviews? I have ignored the sampling of this product for as long as i can remember. I always read rave reviews but i was always thinking for THAT price, i am sure there is something better..so i refused to try it. Well i get a VIB sample of it and i happen to go to an event that needed my makeup to stay on under pressure (sweat, stress, activity..) so i said 'what the heck?'. I came home that day and I could not believe my eyes!! I looked FLAWLESS even after 12 hours! I was hooked! I used up my sample after a month since I kept reaching for it and totally ignored my other primers! Here is what it claims:
-It repels water - yes, to some extent. it isn't waterproof on me.
-conceals redness - no, but it diffuses the look, makes skin even-toned; still need concealer.
-absorb excess oils - yes, yes and YES! I blot maybe ONCE, just maybe...
-minimizes the appearance of pores - yes, but it does wear off after a few hours.
-ensures your makeup looks freshly applied all day long - a definite HELL YEAH!
This primer applies like BUTTTAH! it is soo smooth and silky but has a matte finish, which i love! I do notice i have to let it sit for a minute or two and then apply foundation. No matter what foundation i use, it makes it look soooo good..dewy but not really, if you know what i mean! Now i realize what a good primer can actually do but i am also kicking myself for waiting so long (and for settling for a super expensive primer!). What can i say...TRY IT!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried a lot of primers. Most of them were complete wastes of money. I actually gave up on trying primers because I had such bad luck with them - including 2 different Laura Mercier primers, 2 Smashbox primers, a Clinique primer, a Shiseido primer, Two Faced Primed and Poreless, and probably some others I am forgetting. One day I went to Sephora and one of the points options was a sample size of this Hourglass primer. I picked it up because I had seen such good reviews, but I honestly wasn't expecting much.

Turns out, I love it. It goes on so smooth, spreads easily, doesn't feel greasy. There is a slight mineral-y scent that I have come to enjoy. It makes my foundation go on really perfectly and doesn't seem to irritate my sensitive skin. In fact I can tolerate some products that I otherwise couldn't if I put a layer of this on underneath. When I got to the end of the sample I felt panic! I immediately purchased the full size.

The full size comes in a nice, hygenic pump. One pump measures a perfect amount for my face, but I use two pumps because I put it down my neck, too. I have since repurchased the full size and am almost out. I will repurchase again as soon as I can get myself over to the mall! Yes, it is pricey. But it is worth it.

Edit: on my 3rd (or 4th??) bottle of this I came across what I guess is a bad batch. Instead of the moderately thick lotion texture, it was coming out extremely thin and runny, and every once in awhile a very thick clump. It was like it had separated or something. I tried shaking the bejeezus out of it but that made no difference. Finally I returned it to Sephora and they gave me a fresh bottle. The first squeeze was just the same, very runny - I was freaking out. I worked the pump a couple more times and then the correct consistency came out and it has been fine ever since.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by lizzea

Believe the hype! This primer is amazing for making your makeup last throughout the day or evening, even on oily and temperamental skin like mine. It doesn't break me out despite my rather bad acne at the moment and it glides onto the surface of your skin like silk, providing a beautiful canvas for foundation. So far the best results have been achieved using this primer underneath Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation and I get a good full day of makeup staying on my face rather than rubbing or wearing off of my oily skin. It is pricey but a little goes a long way, so as long as you have no problems with silicone, this should work for you. One of my new HG makeup products!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by abigailrw

I wear this alone probably three or four times a week, when I want to control my oily skin and smooth out my skin texture. It works really really well for these purposes, and is worth the high price in my opinion. It also slightly decreases redness, enough for day to day purposes, but when my rosacea flares up I definitely need something else to even out my skin tone.

I haven't really used it as a primer as I don't have any silicone-based foundations, so I can't speak to how it works under any other makeup, but by itself it lasts the whole day on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I know this product is incredibly expensive but it's worth a shot. I have dry skin in the winter and combo skin in the summer and I've always skipped face primers after having a bad experience with the smashbox primer. But I'm so glad I stumbled on the mini size of this that sephora was selling. It feels like in rubbing smooth velvet pearls on my skin. It makes my foundation last all day (I'm using makeup forever face and body / or MAC face and body). If you feel the price is too steep, try the mini version like I did ... And you'll realize you won't need much and the mini version will last you for a very long time.