July 29, 2014 | 1165 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Rain174

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Working at Sephora, I have the opportunity to try a number of products on the market and this is one of my favourite primers. It is lightweight, it color corrects upon application (though it may make darker skin tones ashy), it is full of vitamins and minerals to help improve your skin over time, and it makes the skin feel velvety soft. When I don't wear foundation (which is not very often), I use this product with a little finishing powder and my skin looks radiant! I have oily skin, but I manage it well with the help of this product and others. I have read a few other reviews where people say it made them break out or made their skin oily; sometimes with a product that helps draw out toxins in the skin, like this one, it can make you break out for a short period of time because it is pulling all the gunk to the surface to help purge your skin of it once and for all. Give it a few weeks before you decide it is not for you...you will love it!

This primer absorbs quickly into the skin and helps to fill in any cracks and crevices so your foundation application is much smoother. Hourglass has other primers (solar tan and no.28 primer serum), which are also fabulous, but for specific reasons. As an all around primer, this is my favourite of the 3!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by xjuliannaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't personally own it but my mom does! I use it from time to time but never going to purchase it hah. It's a liquidly based silicone feel primer. I have normal to dryish skin and It's okay. I feel as if it makes me a bit shiny.. Then again I'm not sure if the purpose is to make me look a little dewy because it doesn't say it mattifies you or anything but is assume since it feels like siliconey. It smells funny too but I guess that's all

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by maiarinha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin, and have been looking for a good primer for oil control. But my face got shiny after about 4 hours wearing it. I haven't noticed any break outs while I had this on, which for me is a plus. Will not purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by aniviel96

I have very oily skin, and have been looking for some good primers for long lasting and oil control. But this product doesn't do much oil control, my face gets shiny after 4 hours or so and needs blotting, and it causes break out on my face as well. It is light weighted, but didn't do much compare to other primers. The price is also expensive, I don't think it worths the money. Will not purchase again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by ocelot1

I got a sample of this to go with the immaculate foundation. The texture was soft with little slip and was very lightweight. I didn't see any difference with it making my foundation last longer. I have oily skin. Unfortunately I did break out from it. I use oil to cleanse and then a regular face wash that I've been using for over a year. Since I didn't see a difference in how long my foundation lasted, I will not be purchasing a bottle of this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

This primer feels great on, but does not do much for pores, and my face is super shiny mid-day. I do have really oily skin so I'm not sure this is the best primer for that. I think I'll try something else next.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by poizon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first EVER MA product review. I loved this primer so much I wanted to share my thoughts about it. A few things about me...I'm willing to fork over hard-earned money for a superior product. I have pretty clear skin, with some problems with redness around my chin and nose area. I am oily and dehydrated, and found that on my drier days, this product would emphasize the flakes. HOWEVER...since I've started using this product I've been getting compliments about my skin. I use it alone most of the week, sometimes with some powder on top (I've been trying let my skin "breathe" without putting face makeup on) and STILL I get compliments! Initially, when you put it on (I use one pump) it has a white cast, but it quickly dissipates and just becomes this lovely glow. Redness is slightly diminished (use concealer if you have darker spots) and some blush to bring out some colour and you're good to go! I have recommended this product to everyone I know...Definitely my HG primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by korean

so i always used smashbox, which i still like. but i thought i'd try this one too. no scent. looks white in the pump, goes on clear, but must blend. the pro is that it is supposed to have less toxic ingredients. It glides on and it seems to work as well as smashbox. but it does have spf, so for photos i think i'd still choose smashbox .

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Piwi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had use this primer and the make up on my nose melt down and my face shines as usual does.

Nothing special on this primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Kacci

Best primer ever!!!!!!
I don't think I would buy any other brand of primer anymore since this one is so perfect for me.
Trust me, I have tried every primer I can get from the market, at least a dozen of them. Those primers I tried in the past, no matter how expensive they were, are too dry. They either could not spread out and form strips, or they try out my face like crazy.
Finally, I got my life saver! The hourglass mineral primer is so easy to spread and never dry out my face at all. I wear it everyday for sun protection and color correction even without foundation. It seal up my pores instantly and helps my foundation stay on for at least six to eight hours. To be honest, I still need a few touch up when my nose gets oily, but that's it. I almost finish my bottle, I will definitely get another bottle once it's done.