November 27, 2014 | 1395 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer in 1 Green

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by xenon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After trying various green concealers and being disappointed, I wanted to try this primer and I'm surprised to say that I really like it!

I use one pump and use my fingers to put it on instead of a brush. I don't see any hint of green and it does calm down the redness in my face. I agree with others who say that it is a bit too light and doesn't not give great coverage but it does make a difference.

I follow the primer with a light foundation (MAC Face and Body) and it works really well for me. No breakouts and I like that it feels light on the face.

I would purchase this again but I think I'll try the smashbox one after I use up this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'd tried and liked the original HD (untinted) version of this primer, so I thought I'd give this a shot. I'm PPP (NW20) w/pinkish undertones and occasional ruddiness. The Sephora SA had agreed that it would work with my skin tone, but since I only test on my hand rather than my face in the store, I didn't get to do a full test run.

This was a color correction FAIL. It did give my skin a greenish cast instead of neutralizing the redness, which showed through once I put on my foundation (MUFE HD). I'm not sure if it's just too dark for my complexion or if it's just *too* green, but there was no mistaking the green sickly look.

I guess all was not lost, though: it did serve as a decent primer, which is why I gave it 3 lippies. My m/u does go on more smoothly and seems to last longer when I wear MUFE HD primers. I like that it doesn't break me out or make my face shiny (I have oily hormonal skin that can be temperamental).

I ended up returning this and buying the HD Primer in Blue, which seems to work a lot better with my skintone.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2009 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Yum3ji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of Make Up For Ever's HD Microperfecting Primer in green during one of my visits to Sephora. I was looking for something that could help cover or treat the redness on my cheeks, nose and chin (possible early stages of rosacea) and the sales representative showed me this primer. She explained that the green would neutralize any redness because they are on opposite ends of the colour wheel.

Initially I applied this primer all over my face only to find myself looking like The Hulk. Lou Ferrigno would be so proud of me. However, I did notice that the areas where I usually experience redness (cheeks, nose, and chin) looked normal. Not green, not -as- red, but ideal. So, next time I'm going to try applying the green primer on just the red areas and see if that works better.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by harron1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was really excited when this primer came out, as I used the "original" green MUFE primer and liked it. The pluses about this primer is that it's very lightweight and is either silicone free, or has very little silicone. The major drawback is that because it is so lightweight, I feel like it doesn't do it's "job" of reducing redness. I don't really see a difference when using it, but I like using it as a break from my normal, silicone based primer. Overall, I think I'd like to try a different product next time and probably wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 4:34:00 AM More reviews by broadwaygirl714

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great primer! I got this after a really bad day year of rosacea making everyone of my foundations look orange and muddy. It goes on so smoothly and soothes my unruly skin. It doesn't get rid of all my redness, but it tones it down enough that my foundation looks good over it. Not only does it help the redness, it helps the staying power of my foundation (MAC Studio Sculpt) so much that I didn't need to touch up at all through out the day. Even though it is pretty expensive, I will buy it over and over again!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by allygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked this primer at IMATS - as I jumped at the chance to have a green based primer for myself.Its got a great smooth texture, and isn't thick and sticky like smashbox photofinish. I also dont have a problem with breakouts after it (and I think Smashbox is the only product that has ever made me breakout!)

Im really red in the cheeks, as I have super reactive skin and im very fair. My favourite primer above this is Laura Mercier, and it will still win out as its a better all-rounder. This green doesn't work on a lot of people as its too strong, but as some other MUA'ers have noted, the green isn't enough for some of us redder-than-red sufferers. Other artists have complained that this can show through - and I think people that it shows through probably dont have enough red for the green to neutralise.

Having said that, it tones it down a little on me, makes my makeup smooth and makes it last a bit longer than it would regularly.

I recommend this product - ive had it for about 4 weeks and im about 1/4 through - LOVE the package though. Easy to put in a kit, and santiary.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by tinaaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product 3 weeks ago and I m using it only for special occasions because of its price. It tones down the redness but not that much! I mean if you have much redness it cannot be worn alone. You definitely need foundation too. I might repurchase this again but I am not very sure because its price is a little steep... In general I like MUFE products. The only drawback is their price, that's why I keep them for special occasions and not for everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by bglasper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually tried this product twice in the MUFE store, but did not buy it. Not yet.

What I can say about this primer is that it immediately tones down the redness on your face and feels so good and soothing on the face -- feels like your in a spa or something. Like it has some aloe vera in it. Really feels comfortable, light. Doesn't feel heavy at all. Not sticky not oily and smells so nice -- like I said you are in spa.

After application of this primer, MUFE HD Foundation in 125 was used and immediately you will so how flawless your face became. You do not need any powdering honestly and it look so pretty.

I tested until the next day so yeah I slept on it, just to check if I will break out or have some irritation, but luckily none of that happened and not oily at all. If there were some oiliness it was tolerable by using oil blotter or tissue to wipe away the oiliness.

It really felt light it's as if you are not wearing makeup & feels so good on your skin.

The downside I see about this product is that it just doesn't have any SPF on it. I think. Other than that the primer green is really good.

This will be something I will definitely be purchasing in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict1187

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not that impressed with this product although I really did want to love it. I have the green color correcting primer and i have to say that the color correcting part doesn't seem to have much effect. The price is pretty steep too, $32 us. The packaging is really nice because it comes in a pump but other than that I really don't think I will be repurchasing. This primer is ok, it made my skin smooth but it didn't really help with the foundation application. Like I said, the green doesn't really counter effect the redness in my skin because I can pretty much see it after I put it on...the same redness as before. Maybe its because I am really red due to my acne. I guess this primer would be better suited for ppl who arent as acne prone and red like myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 3:01:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

The price on this is a little steep. I have found it is worth it though. I have acne skin and tend to be red. This pulls out the red really well. I usually apply it with the MUFE Kabuki brush. I have found that it blends it in better then using my fingers. And if I am breaking out really bad, I use a tiny brush to apply a little extra to my breakouts. This helps even it out so I can camouflage better. I also think it helps my foundation to last longer even in the NC heat. A very good product. I will continue to buy as needed.