MAC Cremesheen - Crosswires

4.5

on 2/21/2011 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Gorgeous colour - it's a coral and pink and red in about equal proportions. It looks great on my NW15/20 skintone. It's also the best texture in MAC lipsticks, very creamy and moisturizing. One of my faves from MAC.

on 2/8/2011 6:29:00 AM

I dont like this lipstick. it looks good on the tube but the moment I saw the color when i swiped it.. it isn't the color I wanted. it turns pink on my pale lips. I really want to see a coral shade and really wanted this to work. but i guess its so hard to find a nice color for pale lips.

on 12/10/2010 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

NC30 and I love this as a coral lippie. Adds a nice pop of color to my face and of course the formula is creamy and lovely.

on 12/10/2010 12:39:00 PM

After reading all the rave reviews about this product and hearing people equate it with the renowned Viva Glam Cyndi lipstick, I had to give it a try..and I must say, I'm a little disappointed. It applies quite dry for a cremesheen, and the color is a much brighter coral than I expected. In fact, it's a bit garish (at least for my skin tone, NC15). I'm actually surprised that so many people have compared this to Viva Glam Cyndi when they're so different! VGC is a more muted coral/pink and it applies much smoother. If you're debating between Crosswires and Viva Glam Cyndi, go with the latter. No question.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I love coral lipsticks, but because of my coloring (warmish brown eyes/hair and neutral to cool toned skin) nothing looks right on me. They all tend to turn orange. This is the first flattering coral shade I've been able to find in ANY brand!

This is also my first experience with the creamsheen formula from MAC. I love MAC lipsticks, but sometimes they can dry my lips out, especially the lustre texture. This lipstick made my lips feel hydrated all day. Even without a lipliner I only have to apply once or twice while I'm at work, which says a lot about a lipstick's staying power.

on 11/19/2010 3:59:00 PM

I think that this is my favourite MAC lipstick!!!I was looking for a coral fink for a long time,but most of the shades were too orange or too pink for me...But this one is really great!!I was wearing it every day and night during the summer and I am still wearing it!!

on 11/7/2010 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

It's a battle between MAC's Crosswires and Viva Glam Cyndi when it comes to MAC's coral-with-a-hint-of-red lipstick shades. Cyndi is a lustre finish and Crosswires is a cremesheen, so if I have to choose, the cremesheen will almost always win. My biggest problem with Cyndi is the lustre finish which means I have to re-apply seemingly every other hour. Crosswires will stay on for a few hours more and when it comes to the color this is just a punchier coral than VG Cyndi. Okay, enough with the comparisons. Crosswires is a supremely good lipstick. If you find Ravishing- another cremesheen- too orange, this swings a bit redder. I always feel just a little sexier with Crosswires on during the workday, and what could be better? It's my "now" MAC lipstick, at least until I fall in love with another MAC shade, which happens maybe every few months or so.

on 10/31/2010 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am really excited about Crosswires. It is one of my top 5 lipsticks for sure. I am a huge coral pink fan and this one really is well done. It's a little bit bright, not too orange, with a great texture. (I love Creamsheens). A few similar shades are Estee Lauder Apricot Sun, my all time fave, which is a little darker but still the same balance of orange and pink, and NARS Niagara which is a little darker and more orange, with a dryer texture. Definately check this one out if you love coral lippies like I do! (For reference, I'm NW20, brown eyes/hair).

OMG I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK!!! yes i know the capitals are overkill but this is my HG to end all HG's. Having said that, I do save it for nights out as I feel it's too nice for work but when I wear it I feel gorgeous. It's not at all orange on me, it's corally pink and makes me look tanned and my teeth white. I think it's similar to Revlob Coral Reef in lipstick form, one of my favourite lipglosses or maybe Perrenial High Style from Mac also (LE). I lost my tube and went straight out and bought another although it is permanent and I was skint!

on 10/28/2010 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My ideal coral lipstick. Just the right amount of hot pink and orange brewed together to create this luscious yet gentle, slightly more pink than orange-based color. Bright enough to stand out, but not as "neon" as Costa Chic. Being a Cremesheen, it's got a soft creamy sheen to it - surprise surprise. Its finish is pretty much self-explanatory with regards to texture and payoff. 4 lippies instead of 5 because I can wear it only in summer when I'm tan, otherwise it looks wrong on my milky-white face. Will repurchase.

Popular Lipsticks