December 20, 2014 | 1378 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cremesheen - Crosswires

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by OfYourHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

NC30 and I love this as a coral lippie. Adds a nice pop of color to my face and of course the formula is creamy and lovely.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After reading all the rave reviews about this product and hearing people equate it with the renowned Viva Glam Cyndi lipstick, I had to give it a try..and I must say, I'm a little disappointed. It applies quite dry for a cremesheen, and the color is a much brighter coral than I expected. In fact, it's a bit garish (at least for my skin tone, NC15). I'm actually surprised that so many people have compared this to Viva Glam Cyndi when they're so different! VGC is a more muted coral/pink and it applies much smoother. If you're debating between Crosswires and Viva Glam Cyndi, go with the latter. No question.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by goldfishblowfish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love coral lipsticks, but because of my coloring (warmish brown eyes/hair and neutral to cool toned skin) nothing looks right on me. They all tend to turn orange. This is the first flattering coral shade I've been able to find in ANY brand!

This is also my first experience with the creamsheen formula from MAC. I love MAC lipsticks, but sometimes they can dry my lips out, especially the lustre texture. This lipstick made my lips feel hydrated all day. Even without a lipliner I only have to apply once or twice while I'm at work, which says a lot about a lipstick's staying power.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by giota

I think that this is my favourite MAC lipstick!!!I was looking for a coral fink for a long time,but most of the shades were too orange or too pink for me...But this one is really great!!I was wearing it every day and night during the summer and I am still wearing it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Missmb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's a battle between MAC's Crosswires and Viva Glam Cyndi when it comes to MAC's coral-with-a-hint-of-red lipstick shades. Cyndi is a lustre finish and Crosswires is a cremesheen, so if I have to choose, the cremesheen will almost always win. My biggest problem with Cyndi is the lustre finish which means I have to re-apply seemingly every other hour. Crosswires will stay on for a few hours more and when it comes to the color this is just a punchier coral than VG Cyndi. Okay, enough with the comparisons. Crosswires is a supremely good lipstick. If you find Ravishing- another cremesheen- too orange, this swings a bit redder. I always feel just a little sexier with Crosswires on during the workday, and what could be better? It's my "now" MAC lipstick, at least until I fall in love with another MAC shade, which happens maybe every few months or so.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

I am really excited about Crosswires. It is one of my top 5 lipsticks for sure. I am a huge coral pink fan and this one really is well done. It's a little bit bright, not too orange, with a great texture. (I love Creamsheens). A few similar shades are Estee Lauder Apricot Sun, my all time fave, which is a little darker but still the same balance of orange and pink, and NARS Niagara which is a little darker and more orange, with a dryer texture. Definately check this one out if you love coral lippies like I do! (For reference, I'm NW20, brown eyes/hair).

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by turtledove1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK!!! yes i know the capitals are overkill but this is my HG to end all HG's. Having said that, I do save it for nights out as I feel it's too nice for work but when I wear it I feel gorgeous. It's not at all orange on me, it's corally pink and makes me look tanned and my teeth white. I think it's similar to Revlob Coral Reef in lipstick form, one of my favourite lipglosses or maybe Perrenial High Style from Mac also (LE). I lost my tube and went straight out and bought another although it is permanent and I was skint!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Mandibulo

My ideal coral lipstick. Just the right amount of hot pink and orange brewed together to create this luscious yet gentle, slightly more pink than orange-based color. Bright enough to stand out, but not as "neon" as Costa Chic. Being a Cremesheen, it's got a soft creamy sheen to it - surprise surprise. Its finish is pretty much self-explanatory with regards to texture and payoff. 4 lippies instead of 5 because I can wear it only in summer when I'm tan, otherwise it looks wrong on my milky-white face. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Chester99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Crosswires is such a beauty. Slightly more orangy on me than Viva Glam Cyndi but still in the same range of coral red. I find I have to moisturize my lips before applying it but that's ok since I always moisturize before any lip product goes on my lips. That's maybe the reason why I don't think that Cremesheens are drying.

Sometimes I subdue the color by using MAC Chicory lip liner which makes it a bit deeper and less orangy.

Will repurchase for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by goldfish5555

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The color of this is wonderful... it completely brightens up my face. The issue I have with it and the reason I don't reach for it very often is because I find the formula very drying. And when I put a gloss over it it tends to change the color and/or make the lipstick not last very long. So while this showed a lot of promise at first, it really hasn't become a favorite of mine.