April 19, 2014 | 1784 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cremesheen - Crosswires

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

I am really excited about Crosswires. It is one of my top 5 lipsticks for sure. I am a huge coral pink fan and this one really is well done. It's a little bit bright, not too orange, with a great texture. (I love Creamsheens). A few similar shades are Estee Lauder Apricot Sun, my all time fave, which is a little darker but still the same balance of orange and pink, and NARS Niagara which is a little darker and more orange, with a dryer texture. Definately check this one out if you love coral lippies like I do! (For reference, I'm NW20, brown eyes/hair).

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by turtledove1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK!!! yes i know the capitals are overkill but this is my HG to end all HG's. Having said that, I do save it for nights out as I feel it's too nice for work but when I wear it I feel gorgeous. It's not at all orange on me, it's corally pink and makes me look tanned and my teeth white. I think it's similar to Revlob Coral Reef in lipstick form, one of my favourite lipglosses or maybe Perrenial High Style from Mac also (LE). I lost my tube and went straight out and bought another although it is permanent and I was skint!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Mandibulo

My ideal coral lipstick. Just the right amount of hot pink and orange brewed together to create this luscious yet gentle, slightly more pink than orange-based color. Bright enough to stand out, but not as "neon" as Costa Chic. Being a Cremesheen, it's got a soft creamy sheen to it - surprise surprise. Its finish is pretty much self-explanatory with regards to texture and payoff. 4 lippies instead of 5 because I can wear it only in summer when I'm tan, otherwise it looks wrong on my milky-white face. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Chester99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Crosswires is such a beauty. Slightly more orangy on me than Viva Glam Cyndi but still in the same range of coral red. I find I have to moisturize my lips before applying it but that's ok since I always moisturize before any lip product goes on my lips. That's maybe the reason why I don't think that Cremesheens are drying.

Sometimes I subdue the color by using MAC Chicory lip liner which makes it a bit deeper and less orangy.

Will repurchase for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by goldfish5555

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The color of this is wonderful... it completely brightens up my face. The issue I have with it and the reason I don't reach for it very often is because I find the formula very drying. And when I put a gloss over it it tends to change the color and/or make the lipstick not last very long. So while this showed a lot of promise at first, it really hasn't become a favorite of mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by sabsprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love, LOVE this lipstick! I usually just dab it on for everyday wear to make it look like a more enhanced version of my natural lip color, but it's so pigmented so if I swipe it right from the tube, the color comes out perfectly. It's smooth, not drying, doesn't accentuate the lines in my lips, it's really awesome. This is my first MAC lipstick and there are many more to come :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by ggaddi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing color. Perfect coral. Some corals are two orange and look peachy. This has a nice dark pink to it so it can be an every day look for summer and spring. Looks great on tan skin. I layer Big Kiss Plushglass on top and it looks like my lips but better. Very happy with this find.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by meluvcosmetics

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love lipsticks and I have huge problems with lipstick colours.
Most lipsticks turn purplish pink on me.
Because of this, I always end up with the same group of colours - orangy, brown, brown red, berry but ending up as plum on my lips.
All these colours age me and I end up just using Nivea tinted lipbalm.
An SA told me that for my 'slight darker than normal' liptone, I should go for light coloured lipsticks.
With this tip, I asked the MAC SA for a light but bright colour and that's how Crosswires came into my life.
Bright, but not garish, pink coral organgy and best of all, it brightens up my face and I dare say it has given me a very youthful colouring.
I think this might be the only lipcolour I want to use, at least till I find a better one which based on my experience, is hard to come by.
Yes, I'll be buying another one just in case it goes missing.
Also, considering the prices of lipsticks that has soared these days, the price of this lipstick is dirt cheap to me (S$28 as compared to most that are at least S$45 these days).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Out of all my Coral lipsticks, This is the ONE! This is love! Is it a superwearable coral? Yes. Does it look good on tanned skins? Yes. This is the kind of coral I can wear and have it be super work appropriate. I could put this on top of a light nudish lipgloss and have it be all nice and soft looking, perfect for a weekend look or just a nice coral glossy pout. You can just pat it on and blot for a little bit of a stain. Again, it's so versatile! I highly recommend this one! (NC42/43)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I saw Crosswires swatched on Temptalia and thought "I had to have it." I went to two different MACs to find it, and when I did, I opened it and was like "Yikes, I don't think I will like this." But I took it home, tried it out, and hello, perfect summer lipstick. I'm NC20 (probably more like NC25 with a slight tan right now) and this just brightens up my face. It looks pretty dark in the tube, but it goes on with a lovely bright pinky coral sheen. I really love creamsheens and highly recommend this. For work, I layer this over a nude (generally MAC's Close To Real) and it lightens it up a bit. I can't wait to try it over a pink and try layering some glosses over it.