July 24, 2014 | 2050 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Nude Beige #001

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by sarawrrxd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite color lipstick! It's the absolute perfect nude pink. I have extremely pigmented lips to the point where it looks like I'm wearing a tint but this lipstick covers it perfectly. It also smells sooooo good, which is always a plus. The staying power on it is moderate, I do have to reapply after a couple hours or after I eat or drink, but I feel like that's inevitable with any lipstick. My only gripe about this is that it's so drying! When you first put it on it is incredibly creamy and feels so luxurious but after a few hours you can see the lips becoming parched and lines forming but as long as I put Aquaphor on my lips in the morning this is rarely a problem. So -0.5 lippie for drying and it's hella expensive.

BUT LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Osgoode

This is the most ladylike, luxurious and beautiful product I have ever bought - from the luxe gold packaging to the creamy application. I have no regrets about putting out the $42 CDN (after tax) for this incredible lipstick. On me, the colour is a neutral pinky-nude that I can dress up or down.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by xxbekkixx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I so wanted to love this, especially as it has the prettiest tube ever but the lipstick itself just didn't work for me. The shade is a nice pink nude but I do have similar lipsticks so I must say its not overly unique. It has a lovely, clean, alomst watermelon scent which I do like. My main problems with this are staying power and how drying it is. On its own or paired with a lip balm I find myslef reapplying it constantly and so I tend to find myself mixing it with other lipsticks. I don't tend to get dry lips but this lipstick just zapped any moisture, also meaning it settled into lines or any dry areas. I won't buy this again since it is fairly expensive and I have a lot of drugstore lipsticks which perform much better for a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by kimberlyball

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wear the golden beige perfect touch and matte touch powder, to give you an idea of my skin tone and this color is gorgeous on. I have a Chanel Rouge Allure in Tender to create a pink nude lip and this is even better than that! The texture is like butter, so smooth and creamy. Very pigmented but very wearable even for my darker skin tone. I love the packaging, very elegant, but the fragrance of all YSL lip products is fruity- I hate fruity smells; they really annoy me. But, the consistency and color of this lipstick drew me in. I would definitely repurchase. I usually apply Clarins Instant Touch in 01 lip balm over it and it looks amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by FinalDestination019

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this lipstick. The packaging is gorgeous, the color is beautiful, the texture is creamy, and it goes perfectly with my skin tone. My only two complaints are: the price and the staying power. It is extremely expensive and it doesn't last the longest, so you can run out pretty quickly. But, if you have the money, definitely buy this! I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Maxipoodle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE! this lipstick, not only is the color great, but the texture is the best! it is very creamy and literally just goes onto ur lips when you press lightly over them, I dont apply it like a regular lipstick, I usually just press onto my lips and the color payoff is great! It can last longer but I dont mind pulling it outta my purse and applying more, cus the casing is super pretty and the lil mirror on the top is great too, I would def. buy it again if it finishes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

on my pigmented lips...it goes on a very opaque pinky nude...to be honest, i prefer #2 to #1....goes on very smooth, richly pigmented...but not so great with lasting power (love LM creme l/s for that) c4/c5 w/ yellow undertones

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

I'm so sad this didn't work for me. When swatched on my hand, it looks pink nude which was exactly what i wanted, but when i applied on my pigmented lips, it looked soooo much more nude. Like a concealer lips. It's so odd that the color looks different on my lips and actually even lighter! It reminds me of MAC Hue on the lips. On my hand, it looks pinker. Texture wise... it goes on very pigmented. It's best applied in dabbing motion. It did dry out my lips more than some lipsticks I've used. So i had to follow with a glossy lipbalm. It makes a WONDERFUL base, but I always have to pair with a gloss or a sheer lipstick over it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by rubii00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The color is very pretty, but on me (NW20 skin) looked like a warm pinky rose. I guess I was looking for something more beige. I may exchange this for sensual silk- # 2. The texture is extremely creamy. It's so creamy that it seems to diminish off your lips within one to two hours. It almost seems wrong to say this because of the huge price difference but I think I prefer MAC's lipsticks instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Jexxie123

I love this YSL rouge volupte texture. It is very creamyyyyyy!! so easy to apply, and a very little goes along way. this is a pinkish beige shade. A pink nude shade. It has scent on it and i love the scent. the scent makes the lipsticks looks and smells delicious. lol. I love this colour. I feel like barbie when i use this. LOL. the staying power is sucks though. so if you are someone that prefer lipsticks with long staying power, this product is not for you. I love the packaging too. it comes with a very small mirror that i hardly use (its too freakin small). YSL comes with a very wide range of beautiful, adorable colours.