Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte - Nude Beige #001

4.1

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), Avobenzone (Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane) (Other) : Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butyl Stearate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Stearyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryzanol, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Parfum (Fragrance), Behenic Acid, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 15850 (Red 7), Ci 15850 (Red 6), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 17200 (Red 33 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 12085 (Red 36), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 77019 (Mica), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ci 77002 (Aluminum Hydroxide), Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Talc

on 2/23/2010 11:21:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am on the fence about this product. First off the things I liked about it: 1) the packaging is gorgeous (it has a beautiful case and a mirror on top) 2) the texture is creamy.

The things I didn't like: 1) It was expensive 2) If your lips are dry this lipstick seems to exacerbate the dryness 3) The color was described as a nude beige but was a very light milky pink. Since I am fair, it seemed to wash me out a bit.

I found that if I apply a lip balm first or top it off with gloss I get the best results but honestly if I spend that much money on a lipstick I would want it to be more moisturizing. I am continuing to use it because its expensive and I can't return it. I guess if you have super pigmented lips and want to tone it down this lipstick could do that for you. However all in all not for me. I really wish I liked it though, it had such promise.

on 2/19/2010 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's beautiful.and elegant! It's creamy and just glides on my lips.

on 2/15/2010 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
1. Gorgeous gold packaging with cute mirror on top of tube
2. Intense nude pink color
3. Thick and creamy

Cons:
1. Creaminess emphasizes cracks (prep with balm)
2. EXPENSIVE!!
3. Not as moisturizing and needs to be reapplied
4. ...need I mention the price? $34

Overall, it's an expensive habit and I'm addicted to ysl. Their makeup line is superb. I will buy more Rouge Volupte as I am addicted to them. The color intensity is amazing. The packaging is too die for. This color just looks really good on me (which is rare). I planned to only wear this for dates and going out at night but I've applied this almost everyday now!!

on 2/10/2010 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My favorite color lipstick! It's the absolute perfect nude pink. I have extremely pigmented lips to the point where it looks like I'm wearing a tint but this lipstick covers it perfectly. It also smells sooooo good, which is always a plus. The staying power on it is moderate, I do have to reapply after a couple hours or after I eat or drink, but I feel like that's inevitable with any lipstick. My only gripe about this is that it's so drying! When you first put it on it is incredibly creamy and feels so luxurious but after a few hours you can see the lips becoming parched and lines forming but as long as I put Aquaphor on my lips in the morning this is rarely a problem. So -0.5 lippie for drying and it's hella expensive.

BUT LOVE IT!

on 2/2/2010 9:44:00 PM

This is the most ladylike, luxurious and beautiful product I have ever bought - from the luxe gold packaging to the creamy application. I have no regrets about putting out the $42 CDN (after tax) for this incredible lipstick. On me, the colour is a neutral pinky-nude that I can dress up or down.

on 1/31/2010 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I so wanted to love this, especially as it has the prettiest tube ever but the lipstick itself just didn't work for me. The shade is a nice pink nude but I do have similar lipsticks so I must say its not overly unique. It has a lovely, clean, alomst watermelon scent which I do like. My main problems with this are staying power and how drying it is. On its own or paired with a lip balm I find myslef reapplying it constantly and so I tend to find myself mixing it with other lipsticks. I don't tend to get dry lips but this lipstick just zapped any moisture, also meaning it settled into lines or any dry areas. I won't buy this again since it is fairly expensive and I have a lot of drugstore lipsticks which perform much better for a fraction of the price.

on 1/29/2010 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I wear the golden beige perfect touch and matte touch powder, to give you an idea of my skin tone and this color is gorgeous on. I have a Chanel Rouge Allure in Tender to create a pink nude lip and this is even better than that! The texture is like butter, so smooth and creamy. Very pigmented but very wearable even for my darker skin tone. I love the packaging, very elegant, but the fragrance of all YSL lip products is fruity- I hate fruity smells; they really annoy me. But, the consistency and color of this lipstick drew me in. I would definitely repurchase. I usually apply Clarins Instant Touch in 01 lip balm over it and it looks amazing.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I absolutely adore this lipstick. The packaging is gorgeous, the color is beautiful, the texture is creamy, and it goes perfectly with my skin tone. My only two complaints are: the price and the staying power. It is extremely expensive and it doesn't last the longest, so you can run out pretty quickly. But, if you have the money, definitely buy this! I highly recommend it.

on 12/31/2009 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE! this lipstick, not only is the color great, but the texture is the best! it is very creamy and literally just goes onto ur lips when you press lightly over them, I dont apply it like a regular lipstick, I usually just press onto my lips and the color payoff is great! It can last longer but I dont mind pulling it outta my purse and applying more, cus the casing is super pretty and the lil mirror on the top is great too, I would def. buy it again if it finishes!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

on my pigmented lips...it goes on a very opaque pinky nude...to be honest, i prefer #2 to #1....goes on very smooth, richly pigmented...but not so great with lasting power (love LM creme l/s for that) c4/c5 w/ yellow undertones

Popular Lipsticks