MAC Cremesheen - Creme d'Nude

on 2/28/2012 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I had high hopes for this, but feel a little let down. This is sheer on my pigmented lips. Not my favorite nude. It a layering color for me to tone down other colors or to wear over lipliners. For me, it takes work to make it look good. Not pigmented enough for me. Update: I was not feeling this lipstick at all in Winter, but now since it Spring and sunny, it's a lot more flattering! It was very blah on me in the overcast gray Winter season. Looks much much better in Spring weather on me. I like it more now!

on 2/25/2012 8:39:00 PM

I'm not a huge lipstick fan and I rarely wear any at all but I had to have good nude lips with dark cat eyes right?
I love the texture because it applies so easily and I love the feel of it on the lips buuut I hate how it settles into the lines of my lips and it doesn't really last that long.
It is a nice product but not amazing.

on 2/25/2012 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm a huge fan of nude lips so when I had enough empty MAC eyeshadows I knew I was going to get a lipstick. I had tried MAC's Myth from a friend and although the color was beautiful it made my lips look washed out and wasn't moisturizing at all. I picked out Creme D' Nude to be my first MAC lipstick and I'm so glad that I did. It's a beautiuful nude lipstick, with a very nice sheen to it that keeps my lips very moisturized. I'm an NC25 and it dosen't wash me out. I will continue to use this lipstick, it's absolutley beautiful and I would reccomend it to anyone who is a fan of nude lips.

on 2/23/2012 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Me: Asian w yellow undertones, NC30. HG perfect nude w a hint of pink lippie. Doesn't wash me out. Gorgeous with Stripdown liner and Fashion Whim cremesheen glass on top. For extra oomph, dab a bit of Moth to Flame dazzleglass on top.

Really good nude color! I pair this with stripdown liner and it looks great!!

on 2/1/2012 12:29:00 PM

My absolute favorite lipstick by MAC!! I am a NW25 and this color has just enough pink tones to give my lips a rosy pop, but still maintain a beautiful nude look. Definitely recommended for NW20 or 25s.

The trick is to apply a hydrating chapstick or lip moisturizer before using Creme d'Nude as some people find it a little sticky.

on 1/4/2012 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The color is okay but it really settles into the lines of my lips which is a big turn off for me. It's ok with a gloss but I don't think I'll repurchase

on 1/4/2012 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a no-no for anyone darker than NW20 if you're not planning on wearing a darker gloss over it. I don't mean to offend anyone, but some of the darker complected people I've seen this on don't look very good with it and I think they're kidding themselves by calling this a natural nude on them. Looks more like a frost on darker complexions.

Barely has a pink pinch to it. It shows up grey on me and I have around an NW25 complexion. Here it is on me:

Full Size Image

Photo was taken with bright flash, no primer, no gloss, and about 2-3 coats of it. And in fact, it looks better in the photo than in person. You can see the pink in the photo. In person, I see nothing but grey. Not at all a natural looking nude on me. Makes me feel like Snookie.

It goes on sheer with one application and I don't like that either because then it just looks like I have that nasty lip crust/chapped up skin on the edges of the mouth that you get when you wake up in the morning. This is definitely cool-toned. Don't bother with this if you yellow-toned.

I know others use special primers and glosses but I don't like having all these products on my lips.

Ideal for those who were in the NW10-NW20 range. Just not enough pigment to be a nice nude. I'm sorry. This is overrated.

This was my first mac lipstick and I have to say I'm highly impressed. I am a great fan of nude lipsticks and this is the best one I have found. Nude lipsticks are very subjective to the wearer, and i find that this one complements my meduim toned skin very well. I love the glossy finish this gives and how sheer it is. My new go-to lipstick.

on 12/31/2011 4:58:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This lipstick just makes me look kind of sick-it makes my lips too light. even though it's a cremesheen and it's not full-coverage like Myth, It still makes most people look sick! It's quality is very good though. For me the problem is the color. And I can't find it pretty on anyone :/ It looks ok on many photos, but in person, it's horrible in my opinion.

Popular Lipsticks