November 26, 2014 | 997 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cremesheen - Fanfare

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 4:02:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG, MAC's cremesheen texture is the business! I love it. As a dark and delicious sista I must say this is a medium bold lip on my NW45 skin tone. I tend to wear this with a neutral eye to spice up my look or with just mascara. I would purchase this again if I ever run out (i have many products in rotation). Good staying power too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by SquishyUmdlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been on the hunt for an MLBB neutral-warm pink lipstick and bought both Fanfare and Hug Me. Both shades are quite lovely and both complement my medium-tan olive skin tone. Fanfare has a bit more pink to it compared to Hug Me and I have to tone it down with some beige gloss whenever I wear it during the day. Don't get me wrong though -- it's not a bright shade of pink -- I have medium pigmented lips and I find it difficult to find a neutral pink that isn't too light or too dark. Fanfare is indeed a very pretty shade, but I probably wouldn't purchase it again because I haven't used it as much as I initially expected.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by thefairestlady1012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recieved three new MAC lipsticks for Christmas Speak Louder (Cremesheen), Chatterbox (Amplified Creme) and this. This one will probably be used most often as it is the most universal/subdued color. On me, this is a warm pink with neutral (and perhaps vaguely peachy) undertones. While it may seem like it would clash with my cool-toned pale skin, it warms up my face really well without being too fake or garish. I love all three of the aforementioned lipsticks and probably would repurchase, but I am always eager to try new colors so we'll see. Fanfare is an HG for me as it is almost an exact match for my discontinued fave Neutrogena's Lip Boost Lipstick in Petal. Cremesheen formula equal both soft and pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by doetr

This lipstick is pink on me, but not loud pink like it is on some, more of a natural warm color. I am an NW20 and my lips are pretty pale, so that may be what makes a difference. I tried it on at the store and really liked it. When I got it home and took a look at it, I thought I had gotten the wrong color because it looked almost too orange in the tube! It goes on warm pink, though. I like that I don't need a mirror or a brush to apply. I love Dare You and Hang Up, but they require a bit more precision.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by MakeupJane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! This is a loud lipstick. It is super bright (but not quite hot) pink on me. I can pull this off but must be paired with a lower key eye, otherwise it is clownish. Nice moisturizing finish and doesn't settle into lines like lighter shades of cremesheens do.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by LaciP504

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow. I'm really suprised that this lipstick doesn't have better ratings! My only guess is that the wrong skintones have been trying it out.

I'm N5/NC30, neutral-warm/yellow undertones, and this is a nice warmish pink lipstick. I used to refer to Cosmo as my favorite pink MAC lipstick but Fanfare may be replacing it now. It's truly MLBB. I have medium pigmented lips and this matches them well but is a tad brighter. It's still subtle enough for a day lip and I can see it working well for a number of eye looks. It's described by MAC as a mid-tone yellow pink which is pretty accurate IMO. It's a cremesheen so it's more moisturizing than some of MAC's other formulas. For reference, I'm shell in Chanel T.I., #3 in GA FF, #32 in MUFE f & b and N5 in MAC studio fix powder.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2009 2:35:00 PM More reviews by rochas2

Garish medium pink for me. Just like another reviewer said,this turned into a slightly-cool toned nightmare on my neutral skin. I'm glad other people can pull this off, but not little old me. This reminds me of Brave in a cremesheen formula, which also didn't work out for me. This is not a coral at all for me, if you want a bright corally cremesheen, go for Crosswires, it's fabulous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 3:12:00 AM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I cannot believe how under-reviewed this is! So little fanfare for Fanfare? Considering how high the demand is for the product, I'm shocked! I think it's gorgeous and on of my top five lipsticks, maybe top three. I waited and waited for this because it was sold out at my local Pro Store and I finally found it in a suburb, but I still plan to buy a back up when my order comes in.

For reference I am NC/W 15, brunette, early 30's, green eyes and this lipstick looks ideal on me with nearly all of my eyeshadow and blush combinations. It's a medium-pale coral tinged pink that is quite similar to Viva Glam VI, minus the blue hue. I wear it easily with warm tones like beiges, browns and dirty plums and cooler tones like greens, violet and black. It easily replaces a nude in a smoky eye look, but is pigmented enough to balance a less intense eye.

Blushes I wear with it have been Mac's Tenderling, Melba, Spaced Out, Lise Watier Rose Cachmire and MUFE Dusty Rose, so both peaches and roses, warms and cooler shades, but nothing too cool. This is a warm based lippie.

As for how it would look on different skin tones, I cannot proclaim to be an expert and am quite shocked by how many do. From what I have been reading and seeing on tv, caucasian women in their 20's-60's should all be buying medium to light pink, rose pink and coral pink lipstick. It brings freshness and youth to the face, and gives the air of approachability whereas the darker lipsticks of last season lend an air of standoffishness and can be aging, highlighting lip lines and smile lines as well as cheek dryness. I think that Fanfare has a fair bit of warmth to it which would make it flattering to those with yellow undertones, such as Asian women or like myself. That's the most insight I can offer. See your counter for professional advice ;)

The staying power of this Cremesheen formula is tops, wears through my meetings with coffee and lots of yapping, can be quickly updated with just a swoosh to the bottom lip and a smudge in the afternoon. I'd say I apply it three to four times a day, which for me is amazing as I usually apply lipstick or gloss over ten times daily.

I do recommend buffing your lips every so often and really smoothing in the Carmex the night before you wear this. I just use my facial scrub, which has AHA/BHA, leave it on for 5 minutes, then buff. I do this every third day and it seems to keep my pores tight, skin bright and lips smooth. This sets the stage for any creamy lipstick.

Overall a beautiful lipstick that I imagine will be in high demand this summer, so get in and buy it now, lest you go through what I did!

20 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Aywamira

I love MAC lippies and I was on the lookout for the perfect coral/pink color. I had this one suggested to me and after years of looking I found my HG coral lipstick for my pigmented lips and PPP complexion. I like the formula of this and the pigmentation is wonderful. I love it especially with Splendid l/g from the Dame Edna collection layered on top.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2009 1:14:00 AM More reviews by kiwi_of_hearts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fanfare looks pretty in the tube but, on my pigmented lips, it ended up turning into a medium-toned, garish, bright cool-toned pink color that didn't work with my warm-to-neutral coloring. It ended up making me look washed-out, and it was too bright a pink for me to wear it on a daily basis. I can see it looking good on some people, though, but not for me.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No