MAC Cremesheen - Fanfare

4.5

on 4/25/2010 1:10:00 AM

the colour is slightly darker than i expected. but still, fanfare is a nice colour.

on 4/17/2010 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Fanfare has fast become (in less than 1 mo.) my favorite day-, go-to-work lipstick. I generally wear a neutral smoky eye but cannot pull off a nude lip look with it, despite knowing that "the rules" say you should wear a softer lip. Whereas Creme Cup was too pale & made me feel washed out, Fanfare gives me the fresh pop of color that I look unbalanced w/o, As for its color, many reviews here have described it accurately. On my lips it runs more pink than peach; I pair it with cheapie WnW 666 liner. It feels pretty comfortable on my lips, but I do apply a moisturizing balm as a pre-prep step :) As with all l/s it needs to be reapplied after eating/drinking.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Fanfare is the most lovely MAC lipstick I've ever tried! I have a tan skintone and it matches perfectly with my skin. It's a soft, bright rose with a very light coral undertone. II think it's a perfect pink for girls with medium, tan or black skin. You can use day and night. And it lasts!! I would definitely buy it again.

on 2/27/2010 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Wearable light pink, not powder pink. It's similar to Hot Gossip with less of the frost. One of my favs =)

on 1/16/2010 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

OMG, MAC's cremesheen texture is the business! I love it. As a dark and delicious sista I must say this is a medium bold lip on my NW45 skin tone. I tend to wear this with a neutral eye to spice up my look or with just mascara. I would purchase this again if I ever run out (i have many products in rotation). Good staying power too!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I've been on the hunt for an MLBB neutral-warm pink lipstick and bought both Fanfare and Hug Me. Both shades are quite lovely and both complement my medium-tan olive skin tone. Fanfare has a bit more pink to it compared to Hug Me and I have to tone it down with some beige gloss whenever I wear it during the day. Don't get me wrong though -- it's not a bright shade of pink -- I have medium pigmented lips and I find it difficult to find a neutral pink that isn't too light or too dark. Fanfare is indeed a very pretty shade, but I probably wouldn't purchase it again because I haven't used it as much as I initially expected.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I recieved three new MAC lipsticks for Christmas Speak Louder (Cremesheen), Chatterbox (Amplified Creme) and this. This one will probably be used most often as it is the most universal/subdued color. On me, this is a warm pink with neutral (and perhaps vaguely peachy) undertones. While it may seem like it would clash with my cool-toned pale skin, it warms up my face really well without being too fake or garish. I love all three of the aforementioned lipsticks and probably would repurchase, but I am always eager to try new colors so we'll see. Fanfare is an HG for me as it is almost an exact match for my discontinued fave Neutrogena's Lip Boost Lipstick in Petal. Cremesheen formula equal both soft and pigmented.

on 7/30/2009 10:18:00 PM

This lipstick is pink on me, but not loud pink like it is on some, more of a natural warm color. I am an NW20 and my lips are pretty pale, so that may be what makes a difference. I tried it on at the store and really liked it. When I got it home and took a look at it, I thought I had gotten the wrong color because it looked almost too orange in the tube! It goes on warm pink, though. I like that I don't need a mirror or a brush to apply. I love Dare You and Hang Up, but they require a bit more precision.

on 6/11/2009 4:09:00 PM

Wow! This is a loud lipstick. It is super bright (but not quite hot) pink on me. I can pull this off but must be paired with a lower key eye, otherwise it is clownish. Nice moisturizing finish and doesn't settle into lines like lighter shades of cremesheens do.

on 6/9/2009 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Wow. I'm really suprised that this lipstick doesn't have better ratings! My only guess is that the wrong skintones have been trying it out.

I'm N5/NC30, neutral-warm/yellow undertones, and this is a nice warmish pink lipstick. I used to refer to Cosmo as my favorite pink MAC lipstick but Fanfare may be replacing it now. It's truly MLBB. I have medium pigmented lips and this matches them well but is a tad brighter. It's still subtle enough for a day lip and I can see it working well for a number of eye looks. It's described by MAC as a mid-tone yellow pink which is pretty accurate IMO. It's a cremesheen so it's more moisturizing than some of MAC's other formulas. For reference, I'm shell in Chanel T.I., #3 in GA FF, #32 in MUFE f & b and N5 in MAC studio fix powder.

Popular Lipsticks