April 20, 2014 | 1090 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by sabsprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner does glide on like a dream. And it's cheap. The black is dark and defined, but other than that it's sub-par. The only reason I would buy this again is if I needed a black eyeliner to carry around for touch up purposes since it's cheap. I guess I'll do that now then.
After about 7 hours, the bottom is smudged and the top is not as dark as it was in the morning. The smudger is pretty much useless as it's not stiff enough to do much, it just wiggles around and it's very flimy. There are other pencils with smudgers that work much better. This review is pretty much the same for the Slate Gray version, that's just a gray color.
Yeah, it's meh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a basic staple for my sexy smoky black eye look. The pencil is creamy & easy to apply ... mistakes are meaningless since smoke out the line with the smudger tip ... & cleanup is otherwise easy because the texture is so soft it wipes away without pulling ... so yes unfortunately that does mean the color bleeds after an hour on oily skin ... but it's the easiest pencil I've ever used on my eyes without tugging or irritation & I love it to pieces. It's the only eyeliner product I prefer to use.

I have this in Ebony Black and Slate Gray. I hope to find more colors from this line (brown & purple). For me it's the perfect eyeliner ... I really don't care about the eventual smudging, I'll gladly tolerate it since ALL makeup smudges on me. I have the oiliest eyelids I've ever known. I jus need to quickly check the mirror every hour.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by laurenheartsmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Total waste of my money! It's very creamy and black but it's like smudge-city with this stuff----don't get it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by lexaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This eyeliner goes on very dark & smooth. It's extremely easy to apply and very blendable. The color is rich and creamy and looks great. However, it smudges really badly and gives me terrible raccoon eyes! Would not recommend buying this product, especially if you have oily skin like I do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I was genuinely shocked when I saw the overall rating for this product. Personally I think it's fantastic! It goes on a very rich black, and doesn't really smudge for me. It transfers onto my upper waterline perfectly when I squeeze my eyes tight, thus eliminating the extremely awkward (and sometimes painful) tight lining procedure. It stays put pretty well, and doesn't irritate my contacts. I'm on my 3rd pencil, and I will continue to repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this eyeliner because it is so creamy and easy to apply. I do think it needs a minute to set up or it will smear, so keep that in mind. I apply it along my upper lash line over eyeshadow. Once it sets, it lasts all day. It was around $6 at Walmart so it's definitely worth trying. ***EDIT: I'm not sure if I got a bad one or what, but all of the sudden I noticed that it was transferring up onto my upper lid about halfway through the day. Not cool. I won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by getdolledup91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this eyeliner a lot, which is why I don't quite understand why the rating on this product is as low as it is... I apply it to my waterline, and for the most part, it lasts a really long time. Yes, it smudges a little, but nothing worth complaining about. I haven't had an eyeliner that doesn't! The only place I ever really need touching up is my corners, other than that, I'm set for hours on end. The formula is nice and creamy, the color is nice and dark the way I like it, and the price is reasonable. Best I've found at the drug store.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by saartjesmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this. I wanted a great, creamy, black eyeliner I could line my eyes with on those days I wanted to draw all the attention to my baby blues. I saw this sitting in the bathroom of a girl whose daily eyeliner look I loved, so I assumed this was a wonderful, magical product, and bought it as soon as I could. Well... I'm still on the fence about it. While it goes on as smoothly and as wonderfully black as I dreamed, it smudges like a MFer. Which is nice, if you want a softer line, but not when it ends up all over your face. I've tried setting it with a black powder, which works, but it seems like a lot of hassle for what I hoped to be a "put on and go" black eyeliner. So, while I don't completely hate it, and still want to love it, I'm on the fence for now. I have since switched to another liner that suits my needs for a daily black liner, but this one may stay in rotation for days when I'm ok with spending a bit more time on my makeup.

Also, the second time I pulled out the sharpener/smudger end (which I love that they include), the plastic case split a bit, just enough that the sharpener is loose and will occasionally fall out. Not a big issue, but definitely an irritant.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by rachelcohen19

When I initially bought this eyeliner I thought it was really great because it was so creamy and it was the blackest-black eyeliner I had seem from the drugstore. My opinion has slightly changed, because throughout the day it smears all under your eyes. But, I have found, that if you set it with a black eyeshadow it works out great.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by latteys

horrible!! smudges all over! it does glide on great and creamy, but within one hour, it is all over your eyes! what a waste of money!