October 31, 2014 | 1062 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lavender Essential Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 8:25:00 AM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful scent, so calming, fresh and floral. Makes me think of endless purple fields, maybe somewhere in Provence. Lavender essential oil has anti-inflammatory qualities and can be used for treating insect bites and burns. It is also known to be a mosquito repellent when worn as perfume. I only use it diluted with carrier oils, it's pretty strong on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 4:02:00 AM More reviews by AutumnShadow15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is great stuff. My face was feeling very irrated - dry, itchy w/pimples here and there. After applying this for a couple of days my face looks and feels alot clearer and calmer and my blemishes are slowly clearing up. I have also been using this on my new piercings which I got done three months ago. They have been very slow to heal despite all the prescribed care. Anyway, one, my navel, had become sore, red and weepy. I applied lavendar oil to it last night and woke up this morning with no redness or pain!! My helix (cartilage) has also been extremely painful to the touch but after after applying lavender oil the pain has been much reduced. I'm so happy I found this oil! Big thanks to MUA-ers who reviewed this ;-D It's def. a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by vintagequeengf1

Wow. I originally bought this for another purpose but decided to use it on my face one night. I had some small, finicky blemishes on my forehead that refused to clear up - they were not red, just tiny raised bumps. I had been applying a topical acne medication on them, but decided to use lavender essential oil on them. The next morning, every bump was completely gone. Absolutely amazing. The next night I applied it all over my face - about 3-5 drops of Lavender. I mixed it with an olive oil base because otherwise, it is too drying for my skin. The next morning my skin was clear and bright - no redness, no blemishes. I am going to continue using this forever and ever and hope it keeps working. I almost can't believe it. I haven't seen results like this from any product, ever. Wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by groovinchic

Lavender essential oil is magic. One time a few years ago, I placed a drop on a pimple that had popped and it was nearly completely gone by the next morning. Last night I tried something brand new - after using a facial cleanser, I moistened a cotton pad and added a couple drops of lavender, and then used that as my toner. This morning, all of the redness from my irritated skin was back to normal. I didn't have to use concealer on my cheeks at all today; yesterday, I had to pack it on. I couldn't believe the results and can't wait to try it again tonight. Like I said, it's magic!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 2:05:00 AM More reviews by yeqin

I started with lavender bc its safe and effective. I agree with all other reviewers. Now I have cypress, lemon grass, geranium, etc. I mix my own night lotion using essential oils, carrier oil and aloe vera. Aloe vera makes the oily thing creamier and easier to apply.

If it stop working after a while, take a break and exfoliate with a gentle peel mask.
Buy the expensive lavender oils. The cheap ones smell bad and don't work as well.
Avoid using lavender oil in the day bc it's light sensitive.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by daphn3_t

LONG REVIEW AHEAD!

I developed a love for lavender oil and lavender scented stuff when I was studying in Australia. Trips down to Cape Lavender in Margaret River further confirmed it. So a couple of days ago, I was looking through my bottles of skincare and thinking why isnít there anything I can apply on my pimples to make them go away almost overnight. Imagine, I had more than 15 products but yet nothing???

Then I spotted bottles of essential oil sitting in a corner - tea tree oil and lavender oil. Iíve tried tea tree oil but it did nothing. So I decided to try lavender oil, neat, on my pimples. Essential oil can be drying so I only applied it on problem areas and not all over. The scent was putting me into a deep sleep within minutes - so relaxing. I woke up the next morning to much subsided pimples. Some of the deep pimples have also come to a head - great news for me cos theyíve been there underneath the skin since forever!

Having seen great results on my first try, I applied the EO again the following night. Once again, the same results yielded in the morning. And surprisingly, my scars were much lighter than before! Itís almost like lavender oil is some sort of a miracle oil, healing my inflammed pimples and treating those post-inflammation scars at the same time!

Wondering why did lavender oil work so well for my pimples, I Googled the many uses of lavender EO. Here are just some of the properties of lavender EO:

* anti-asthmatic
* anti-depressant
* antiseptic
* antiviral
* migraine
* PMS

No wonder!!! Its antiseptic properties help to kill acne-causing bacteria quickly and reduce swelling and redness. Its scent also helps to lift moods and calm the anxious.

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2008 3:39:00 AM More reviews by lotusgrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love mixing a drop of organic lavender into my moisturiser. I was having horrible persistent acne for MONTHS and I couldnt figure out why. Tea tree oil just felt dry and gross on my skin and made everything smell strange. I heard lav was great for acne or inflammation so I tried it. WONDERFUL results! My skin has a gorgeous even rosy tone, a glow, my pores look clean and tighter, no new pimples and my already-there pimples are healing so fast. It helped my moisturiser to sink in faster, PLUS the scent helps me fall asleep at night. Its anti inflammatory which helps soothe skin and antibacterial which helps clean skin.
I totally recommend giving it a try. Just make sure to buy a high quality organic and buy in small amounts so it stays fresh longer. LOVELY

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2008 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Rotarian

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lavendar Essential Oil is a calming scent. I mix it with Epsom Salts and put it in a beautiful container near my bath. The oil suffuses into the salt and when you need a luxurious soak, add about 1/4 cup to the hot bath...mmmmm... you will feel so relaxed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Ditto everything kekecat said. Lavender essential oil should be in everyone's arsenal. I like using a combination of lavender and tea tree oil on pimples--as effective as over-the-counter stuff loaded with chemicals and preservatives. I also add a few drops to baths and massage oils and use it to scent my linens when I'm ironing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 7:25:00 AM More reviews by kekecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I always have some Lavender essential oil kicking around my home and that's because its bloody marvelous! Its a brilliant all rounder - has antibacterial properties so great for skin care. Great on burns and other minor wounds and smells delightful. I could list all day but I won't so just google it. My personal use is for on the spot treatment and rubbed on temples to stop a headache - doesn't stop migraines though!

Aromatherapy is a bit challenging so this is a great starter oil and does just about everything. It is a dryish oil in that it isn't too greasy and absorbs quite quickly. Lavender is also one of the few oils that can be used neat on the skin, however if you have very sensitive skin I suggest diluting it with a base oil for safety.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No