April 18, 2014 | 1993 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - Parure Extreme

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by katcomer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation is just magic. For once there is a foundation out there for me which is perfect in tone (Beige Pale 01) and doesn't oxidize one little bit.

This applies best with the MAC 187 and gives natural, dewy coverage which makes you look fresh and alive. After I look in the mirror my skin is just glowing and I can't stop looking at it.

I have drier skin and I hate when you set foundation with powder and it gets cakey. This is never the case with Parure Extreme.

It seems to do a great job of moisturizing and is so much more natural than my previous foundation, MUFE HD (which doesn't have a great match for me). Compared to MUFE HD, PE makes your face look much more 3 dimensional and not as flat.

Give this one a try, it's definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 3:03:00 AM More reviews by hipnycmom

I've only been using this product for a few days but had to write a review. I've am always on the search for the perfect foundation and have tried A LOT - Chanel, Bobbi Brown, La Mer, La Prairie, Nars, Shisheido, Laura Mercier, Chantecaille, Giorgio Armani, Paul & Joe and so on. This is probably the one that has impressed me the most.

It's true that it can be hard to find a color match but if you do, it is so worth it. I have oily/combination skin with yellow undertones. I am going through a bad hormonal stage right now and suffered some breakouts from some salicylic acid products I just tried. This foundation covers up my hyperpigmentation and marks but still manages to look sheer (I am not a fan of the mask look). I can cover my entire face with just a few small drops. I don't get oily or tight or flaky, and it manages to stay on all day long even in the humidity that I live in. It also really does live up to its claim of being "transfer-free." I love how this looks alone, but also love how it works with a bit of the Voyages pressed powder or the Meteorites Poudre de Perles. It gives off a nice clean finish and really gives off a healthy glow.

If you want heavier coverage, this is certainly buildable. The spf is a huge plus since most spf products make me break out right away while this so far has been really gentle on me.

I am only hoping that I don't develop any bad reactions to this formulation because I really truly love it. Highly recommended and will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 5:44:00 AM More reviews by maithy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pay attention: The lightest shade is AMBER PALE 31, not BEIGE CLAIR 02 or BEIGE PALE. If u shake it well before using, it wont run dark as some people complained. With shades of Guerlain foundation, Beige is pink under tone, Amber is yellow under tone. This is an amazing product, very natural, velvet matte finished without cakey look, it covers blemishes very well but lightweight. U can even wear this foundation alone without powder. Blend it with finger tips if u got lot of blemishes to cover, blend with sponge offers a lighter coverage. My skin is quite dull, freckles, T zone oily, few redness, dry n rough scattered. But with this foundation, it turns my face to a ... perfect miracle. I use it with Sisley Loose powder anytime i want a fresh make up. For special occasions, i use this with Guerlain compact foundation crystal pearls, the result I got is my face look n touch like satin, my friends touched it n they were very suprised!! I have used many foundation by others brands like Lancome Teint idole ultra(too sheer,cant control oils as they claimed, just like something to put on ur face n it doesnt help anything) Givenchy sublime compact (smooth but doesnt last long, easily smudge off) ,Clarins Insatnt smooth foundation (smell great but quite sheer, cant keep oils at bay), Clinique Dermar white Liquid make up (lightweight but not smooth, normal) Those made me disappointed n wasted money a lot. But now I ve found Guerlain Parure extreme, it saves my life, i ll purchase it again, again, and again ^_^ It stays long n stable, so u have to remove it with oil remover, its not cause allergy, very comfortable to wear everyday. I DO LOVE IT

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2010 7:32:00 AM More reviews by sabbath12385

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love, love love this product! Sadly it has started to break me out tho so i am absolutely gutted!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by livviilee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this product and would unfailingly have given it the full five stars, if not for the minor issue of colour. For reference the closest foundation shade to my skin is Chanel Mat Lumiere Powder in Sable. I am fair to medium with yellow undertones, and the closest shade was Beige 003, which is more pink, hence the powder finish of the Chanel. Despite this, I am still giving this an overall rating of 5 for the following reasons:
coverage is fantastic, and only a small amount is needed (I used the Guerlain version of the Mac 187), so much so I didn't even need concealer. On blemishes I applied a needle-point sized amount and it covered wonderfully... - gave me a porcelain skin-like finish - sets quickly so I didn't have to wait to apply blush and powder (unlike the SKII) - lasts the eight hours advertised (however as I'm at work for longer than that I use my Chanel powder for top-ups).
I did apply moisturiser and primer beforehand, although my skin these days is "normal" so I'm not sure how this product would fare on dry or oily skin.
Highly recommend - if only Guerlan would release colours for yellow toned women...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by rebeccameredith

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I haven't found a foundation I like better than this. And I've tried hundreds. Everything everyone has said is true! It's expensive but so worth the price.
And many complain about the lack of lighter colors. If you can find it, which I will be searching, there is an 001 Beige Pale - I saw it on the Guerlain website. So if I am able to locate someone who sells this in the lightest shade they make, I'll re-edit this review. And in the meantime, we can petition Sephora to please include the lightest shade in their line. It seems no one in this country at least, sells that shade, though I don't know why. They WILL listen to their customers if enough of us make the request.
If you can find a really pale shade of another color, which is what I'm doing now, it may be just enough to lighten as you need it without compromising the Parure qualities so many of us love.btw, the one I mix it with is Givenchy's Photo Perfection in Perfect Ivory.This may not get the lightest skins, but it will help some of us.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I put this on again today and went out in the natural light, and I found out that it is a bit darker than I usually wear. Wearable, but a bit dark anyway. It doesn't much matter because it's winter and one wears a lot of high neck-sweaters. And there are days in which I certainly can use a bit of color. In artificial light, though, it looks perfect. I'll keep it because a) #1 and #2 are going to be too light/pink, b) I hate the hassle of returning things, c) I'm still very happy with the texture and coverage, so I should be able to get a lot of use out of it till summer rolls along.

Still highly recommend it. ;)

I wasn't totally pleased with YSL' latest foundation so I decided to exchange it for this one (since they're the same price at Sephora). And I am VERY glad I did. I like Guerlain's A LOT better.

The packaging is beautiful. A luxurious bottle that would look nice on anyone's vanity. I am very pleased with the foundation itself. It is creamy, but not thick, and glides on beautifully (I applied it with my fingers). It does have dimethicone in it (they put that muck in just about everything these days, don't they?), but not half as much as YSL'. The coverage is MUCH better than YSL's, too. It is a nice medium-to-full that pleases even a full-cov gal like me. It's matte, but not dry. However, if you have oily skin like me, you'll have to dust it with powder and eventually blot. I've had it on for an hour or so now, w/o powder, and it's beginning to "glow" (I hate "glow"; I've "glowed" all my life and I'm sick of it). The color I chose (on-line) is #3 Natural Beige. It's just a tad on the pink side for me, but I went outside and looked at it in the daylight, and it's perfectly wearable. #4 would have been too dark.

Oh, and it IS transfer-free. I just blotted it and while I did get rid of the, ah, "glow," the color did not come off. So far, I like this very, very much. I hope it will not disappoint me. However, since it's awfully pricey, I'll save it for special occasions.

One last thing. Make sure you shake the bottle well (as per instructions) before use. I suspect the lack of coverage some posters complained of might be due to the fact that they did not shake the bottle first.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 5:03:00 AM More reviews by kerry2

This is by far the best foundation I have bought but unfortunately they do not cater for my pale skin. I bought it in 02 and soon found it was too dark for me, which i was gutted about. this would def be a hg for me if they catered for my shade. have still rated this a 5 because it is an amazing product. if you are lucky enough to find a colour match then you will love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by OsGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Over the past two years, I've gone on a foundation buying spree after I decided to make the move back to liquid foundation. For reference, I've tried, Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, Chanel Teint Innocence Cream, Giorgio Armani LSF, Guerlain Parure Extreme, Laura Mercier, Korres Wild Rose, Dior Skin Nude.

I don't believe in an HG product - I'm so fickle that I think I'll always be on the lookout for something better. That said, Guerlain Prure Extreme is definitely the best foundation I have ever tried as close to HG as I have gotten. It's a gorgeous lightweight formulation that provides excellent coverage. I have some clogged skin and scars on from past acne that Guerlain covers like a dream - so well that I don't even need to use concealer. That said, I don't think it's a full coverage foundation as I can still see my skin through it. It covers beautifully but I don't feel as though I'm wearing a mask. For people who say that find that it doesn't have good coverage, I have found that the coverage is very easy to vary depending in the application method. When I use my fingers (which I do when I have a particularly good skin day), the coverage is obviously lighter as it is when I use a flat brush. However for heavier coverage, which I tend to use due to my insecurity about my skin, the Sephora HD 55 or a skunk brush provide flawless medium, medium-full coverage. The formulation is just lovely. It doesn't clog my pores and lasts all day, although I do lightly powder with MUFE HD powder. The finish is dewy and doesn't emphasize any dry areas.

It comes in a hygienic pump and I only need maybe 1 and a half pumps to cover my face. However, the bottle is colored and you cannot see how much foundation is left. I managed to open the last bottle of my foundation after it stopped pumping and found a bit left at the bottom. Not good for a foundation that is on the expensive side. Additionally, I think the color range is limited for people with lighter skin tones. However, medium to dark skins have quite a few shades with neutral, pink, and yellow undertones.

I've tried many foundations but have not been able to find one that outperforms Parure Extreme. If you can find your color match - definitely give this a try.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by saku88

This is an excellent water-based foundation! The texture is very runny and liquid'ish. I would say it has medium-full coverage. Feels really nice on the skin. Hydrates yet covers like a charm. The problem then you may ask? well, the shades are very limited..I am NC20 and i couldn't find a match..the lighest color wa too pinky...and the second lightest which i bought..was too dark. I did wear it for about 3 months but when i went to buy another foundation the other ..month..the sales lady pulled out the right shade (another foundation) and when i compared the two...i realized just how dark it is! I still wear it sometimes because i like how it feels. I hear they have more shades of it if you buy it from HK or something they just don't carry those here. If you can find your right shade in this..then lucky you! :)