July 30, 2014 | 2137 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - retractable kabuki

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this retractable kabuki!

It works great for pretty much everything: mineral make-up, powder foundation, cream foundation, and even liquid foundation. It blends any product like a dream!

It's extremely convenient to carry around in your purse or make-up bag for touch ups.

Using a retractable kabuki as opposed to those cheap little sponge applicators that come with powders is a lot more sanitary. These can be easily cleaned and re-used, while sponge applicators collect bacteria and oil and can cause or worsen break-outs.

This brush is also super soft which I LOVE. It's also synthetic and animal cruelty-free. I've washed mine numerous times now and doesn't shed at all.

At around $7, this is a MUST-HAVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

BEST BRUSH EVAAAAAAARRR. It blends my makeup like a dream! Ive been having the worst trouble with making my blush look well blended out with any brush Ive used and especially my Bare Minerals kabuki one...Ive had the same problem with my bronzer.
Ive only used this twice so I cannot testity against how well it is made but I have been EXTRA careful with it only because beforehand I had read how it is super breakable which is the 1# reason I hesitated to put 12$ on it.

The packaging is pure GENIUS! I love the packaging, and I cannot love it enough! It's perfect for traveling with and doesn't take up ANY space compared to my other kabukis in my makeup case. Love, love, looooove this.

It is pricy but so far very well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this brush. It is soft just like the other ecotools brushes I have used and I haven't had any issues with it falling apart or loosing hair yet at all. I mainly use it to blend my blush and bronzer on my face and it works like a charm and to think I paid less than 10 dollars at walmart for this brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by ryliellen

I found this brush great for applying powder foundations and setting powders. It doesn't distribute colour very heavily, so I wouldn't really recommend it if you are looking to use it if you are after heavier coverage from powder foundations or for blush. It is a fantastic buffer though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this kabuki, it blends perfectly, and gives good application of loose or pressed powder. I can keep it in my purse without having to get makeup spots from an exposed brush in a bag, and when its time to clean it washes very well with cleanser and dries to a beautiful soft finish. At less than $10. I can afford one for purse, home, and gym bag! I have all their brushes and highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by SiLeNtLvEdREAMER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was very skeptical about buying this retractable kabuki brush because there are other reviewers that said that their brush broke soon after they got it. I was ready to splurge on the Too Faced Retractable Kabuki because there were a lot of good reviews for that product. The only difference is that the Too Faced one is about $40 and the Ecotools kabuki is about $8. I decided to go with the Ecotools one because it was cheaper and if it broke I would just buy another one. I was pleasantly surprised because it was amazingly soft and it did not shed on me when washing! The only downside to this product is that there's little scratch lines on the inside of the cap from constantly opening and closing the brush. That doesn't really bother me too much because I can't see it. Otherwise, I highly recommend this retractable kabuki!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG, how in the world have I NOT written a review yet for this amazing product!! All EcoTool brushes are absolutely worth the affordable price! They are super soft, long-lasting, and professional quality! This kabuki brush is no exception--I've had it for years and even after plenty of monthy washes, its quality is still pretty much good as new! This is a must-have brush for putting blush on the apples of your cheeks! LOVE LOVE LOVE and I am a huge fan of all EcoTools products!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My first ecotools purchase and possibly my last. The brush fell apart in three uses. Not only that but I found the bristles didnīt pick up much color at all, at least not from my MAC and NYX blushes. Just very light. As a powder brush this works quite well. It dispenses the right amount without giving you cake face. The problem is, I donīt use powder, so for my use, as a blush brish, this doesnīt work as effectively as Iīd want it to.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by bettysilva08

So i bought this brush one day when i was at Ulta, and i love it. It is very useful to just throw in your bag and use it for touch ups througout the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

My search for a blush brush is now over! I tried Ecotools blush brush along with many others to no avail then decided to look for a kabuki
Saw this in Target and liked the way it looked.
. This silver retractable container holds a synthetic brush with a rounded top and full,soft, dense bristles.
It picks up my powder blush like a vacuum then deposits the color to my cheeks smoothly. Blending as it applies.
I have been using it every day for over a month and not one "hair" has shed.
This brush is perfect for my face and the feel is nothing short of luxurious.