December 21, 2014 | 1919 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - retractable kabuki

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm not sure how to describe my relationship with this brush. I bought it after several months of using the Ecotools blush brush from the 6 piece set that I completely adore. I wanted a new brush to apply powder foundation and buff/blend in contour/highlighting etc. This brush... only partially does that for me. It's super soft and I like the packaging, but as a foundation brush it is not exactly what I'm looking for. However, I cleaned this brush and started using it as my final blending/buffing and I like it for that use.
Probably wouldn't repurchase, even though it's cheap. But I'll hang onto it in my collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I usually apply makeup with my fingers but that proved difficult with mineral powder foundations, so when I went out to look for a brush to apply it, I settled for this one, largely because I was constantly taking my makeup with me on the go and did it elsewhere out of home (hence no brushes, just finger application).

The packaging is functionally designed and very simple, though I can't help but feel the aluminum casing can feel a little cheap sometimes. My brush gets tossed around in my bag often so it does have two dents on the edges, but otherwise it does take a good beating and still retracts! The brush can also feel relatively bulky in comparison to traditional foundation brushes with slimmer handles, so the size, although small and easy to take with you whereever you go, can be a little troublesome when storing it away in a small makeup bag along with other makeup, in fact this was pretty big relative to the size of the other makeup packaging I kept in the same bag.

The brush is easy to wash; I washed it on a weekly basis when I used it. I did have my doubts about washing it though because of the aluminum casing but I didn't see any signs of rust or corrosion, so as far as I can tell, it's safe to run this brush under water for cleaning. Wash it with cold water, because when I washed this under hot water like the idiot I was, it seemed to melt the adhesive holding the brush inside of the aluminum case and the brush and ferrule fell out of the casing. It's easy to slide that back in though, and it doesn't really affect the retracting of the brush or the application of makeup.

This is an excellent brush for travel because it can be stored retracted, keeping the bristles clean from dirt and other particles and keeping the them from fraying.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 4:34:00 AM More reviews by sheltielov3r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE this brush. I use it everyday even when I'm at home and not o utside I use it to put on my loose powder/pressed powder. I am already on my fourth one....it's not too expensive but I wish it was cheaper. I broke two alreayd because I dropoped them and the brush came out of the case (it's hot glued on..)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by GillyTemple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has to be my HG kabuki brush. I have used three kabuki brushes now and this one is my absolute favourite. My partner got me this in TK Maxx for 5, which is a bargain considering it's 13 normally. It collects a lot of product unlike my Elf Studio kabuki and it gives a lovely flawless finish. The brush is so soft and dense, so it's perfect for my Lily Lolo mineral foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by EscalatorKid

I haven't had mine fall apart yet, but I just washed it for the first time.

I bought this (as well as another EcoTools foundation brush) to replace the really crappy brushes that come with the Bare Minerals kit. THOSE were crappy brushes.

I find that it is super soft, but doesn't work extremely well for me to put ON powder foundation. It works, but I've had better brushes.

It does work REALLY well for me to buff out spots where I might have applied too much. I usually use this to go over my face afterwards so that my foundation evens out a little bit.

The packaging is a 3 (should probably be a 2.5) because it's incredibly difficult to get out of the package, and reusing it is really out of the question unless I'm going to put it in storage for a while...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by 123loverXOXO

This is by far my favourite brush in my enitre collection. I use it for everything: powder, blush, bronzer, and even as a highlight blush when I'm in a pinch for time.. this is WONDERFUL! It is super soft, and I've washed mine several times and it's still perfect. For the price and availablility (I got mine for around $9.00CDN at Walmart) there is no way to beat quality like this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this retractable kabuki!

It works great for pretty much everything: mineral make-up, powder foundation, cream foundation, and even liquid foundation. It blends any product like a dream!

It's extremely convenient to carry around in your purse or make-up bag for touch ups.

Using a retractable kabuki as opposed to those cheap little sponge applicators that come with powders is a lot more sanitary. These can be easily cleaned and re-used, while sponge applicators collect bacteria and oil and can cause or worsen break-outs.

This brush is also super soft which I LOVE. It's also synthetic and animal cruelty-free. I've washed mine numerous times now and doesn't shed at all.

At around $7, this is a MUST-HAVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

BEST BRUSH EVAAAAAAARRR. It blends my makeup like a dream! Ive been having the worst trouble with making my blush look well blended out with any brush Ive used and especially my Bare Minerals kabuki one...Ive had the same problem with my bronzer.
Ive only used this twice so I cannot testity against how well it is made but I have been EXTRA careful with it only because beforehand I had read how it is super breakable which is the 1# reason I hesitated to put 12$ on it.

The packaging is pure GENIUS! I love the packaging, and I cannot love it enough! It's perfect for traveling with and doesn't take up ANY space compared to my other kabukis in my makeup case. Love, love, looooove this.

It is pricy but so far very well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this brush. It is soft just like the other ecotools brushes I have used and I haven't had any issues with it falling apart or loosing hair yet at all. I mainly use it to blend my blush and bronzer on my face and it works like a charm and to think I paid less than 10 dollars at walmart for this brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by ryliellen

I found this brush great for applying powder foundations and setting powders. It doesn't distribute colour very heavily, so I wouldn't really recommend it if you are looking to use it if you are after heavier coverage from powder foundations or for blush. It is a fantastic buffer though!