October 31, 2014 | 1080 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Pixi - illuminating tint & conceal

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by jaka13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this product! I have fair skin, usually using the lightest color of any foundation and with yellow undertones. It was not too much color, but gave just nice even-ness to skin to wear under a little powder.
The sparkles freaked me out at first, but then I realized they weren't noticeable in everyday wear. (i.e I don't catch sight of myself in the flourescent light of a bathroom going, 'oy, I've got sparkles on my face!')
I layer this over a suncreen for daily wear - concealer is great as well.
I use the pixi vitamin concealer in the stick as it is a little bit lighter, but the concealer that comes with this is great for use on areas you need a little more coverage.
I'll definitely buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by inkonapin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this so far. It seems to stay on all day and gives me a little color. Compared to 2 other TMs I have tried - JI Dream Tint (Like) & Laura Mercier Oil-Free (Don't Like) - this might be a winner. There are a few things I don't like which is why I kept back a lippie: I use the Light Glow (the lightest shade) and it is a tad bit dark (I am Fairly Light in BE and Bisque in JI Liquid Minerals). Second, I find this makes me look shiny, like my face is a little oily. I use a powder on top to counteract that effect. I read Pixi is coming out with a matte primer next year, I wonder if that will help? Hoping this doesn't make me break out because I am really loving the water-resistance aspect of it too. Currently, the skin around my eyes is very sensitive and I am also liking using the silky-feeling concealer it comes with because it doesn't irritate my skin any further.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Ereinsberg

I love this. I feel that it is expensive..especially for target and a tinted moisturizer but dare I say that it is worth the price tag. It gives me the perfect amount of coverage with the tinted concealer of redness and uneven place on my face...then if i have a blemish or need extra coverage in a spot...like around my nose and under my eyes...i just swip the concealer on the end and blend it out. I use my fingers for all this...so quick and easy! I dont feel like I have much make up on yet everything I dont want people to see is covered...couldnt ask for anything else. I use it for everyday coverage...i use something a little more for special occasions...b/c lets face it...thats when you can go all out...but everyday this makes me look like i naturally have great skin

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Scrapbabba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have never used a tinted moisturizer before this - mostly because I needed way more coverage (thanks to Proactiv this is no longer an issue =D). I really like the coverage, feel, and luminancy of the TM. I think it gives a healthy glow as opposed to a greasy shine or 'hey look at me' sparkle. And the concealer gives great coverage that really doesn't settle into places you wouldn't want it to. The colors matched my pale skin perfectly. AND it lasts all day!! I have oily and dry places on my face, and this product seemed to actually even it all out. All in all, I am very satisfied with this purchase. Yes, it seems kinda pricey, but if it works this well I think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this as much as my beloved Mac Studio Moisture Tint, and that's saying a lot! I have tried many, many, MANY tinted moisturizers and this and Mac's are the very best for oily skinned ladies (IMO). I'm using this in the darkest shade "Sun Glow" and I'm about an NC35-40 for color reference. First, the TM...Love the shade because it's yellow based, and most darker skintones have a golden undertone. Also, very smooth and blendable, gives great coverage for a TM, and it's totally non-greasy on my oily skin (I would say the finish is matte). The fact that it has a physical only sunscreen is also a major plus for those sensitive to chemical s/s. And unlike other foundations/TMs with only physical s/s, this one is very cosmetically elegant! You only get 1 oz. of the TM, and I wish they gave u 1.7oz like most other TM's especially for the high price...Now on to the concealer, perfectly coordinates with the TM shade, very blendable, non cakey, opaque, and long lasting...one of the best concealers I've tried actually! The only cons are, the price, and that I will run out of the TM long before the concealer, making it very painful for me to justify another $35 when all I would need is the TM....that's my only real complaint! Would def. repurchase though!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by HeatherF22

I have been looking for something that would cover my redness on my cheeks and t-zone area and make my skin look flawless and I found it in this product. I love the concealer because it matches the tinted moisturizer perfectly and has full coverage. It is very hard for me to find a concealer that has staying power but this does. I think for the price it is a good deal because you get the tinted moisturizer and concealer in one which would cost you anywhere from $50 or more if you bought certain products in this category separately. The only reason I gave it four lippies is because I do find my face getting shiny but its also very hot here and I tend to sweat a lot when its 100 outside, go figure! If you are on the fence about trying this product just think, they used to sell it at sephora so its still high quality and I wouldnt really consider it a drug store brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by lizzycurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love how this looks and how easy it is. i'm using the darkest shade bc it compliments my tan so well. i have combo skin which is very dry on the cheeks and has recently bcome oily around my nose, and this being a TM i thought i would need some kind of powder, but i don't! i looks fresh all day, good staying power. i really love this, the concealer is good too. the onlyyyy problem is... i broke out on my chin last night and i just really hope it wasn't this. i've been using a different moisterizer at night and been experimenting with finding the right skincare regimen so i can't completely blame it on the TM. I will continiue using it unless i find out it really was this. :(

update: this isn't making me break out! yay! its that stupid skin food cream that everyone was swearing by that is NOT for your face. sorry had to let off some steam.. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by mcpollick

Liked the way it looked, broke me out in cystic acne....bummer! I think it may be the mineral component of this. My skin doesn't like the mineral makeup in general.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by anonymous88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

So far I think I like this product! I love how its 2 in 1... concealer plus TM. They match each other perfectly so it takes out any guesswork. The TM is NOT moisturizing. It actually dries out my oily skin. But my skin is way less oily than usual since I have been using it. It looks very pretty but in natural light it is quite sparkly. I don't really mind though. The concealer is great. It looks very natural and is easy to blend. My only big complaint so far is that if I have any dry patches, this stuff highlights it a bit. I like it overall though and no other product, powder or otherwise has made me less oily. It's 100 degrees everyday too! I just don't get it! but i like it! Also, its super expensive for makeup bought at target! Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by bjborsody

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am very impressed by this product. I bought the Bare Glow to wear under my SKII Air Brush Foundation because I need a little extra coverage and like the spf. Since I use a light dusting of powder over everything, I do not experience any excessive shine or sparkle. This wears very, very well because it is water resistant. The concealer is also top notch - I use it under my eyes with no problems. At fist I was concerned because it is a dryer, stick type concealer, but it does not sink into lines, cake or move. For the price . . . .well the tube is small, not certain how long it will last. I have a fear of running out of the TM before I run out of the concealer and then will end up slowly stockpiling empty tubes because I don't want to waste any of the concealer. Still, that is a small complaint on an otherwise great product.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No