April 18, 2014 | 1451 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Pixi - illuminating tint & conceal

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Scrapbabba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have never used a tinted moisturizer before this - mostly because I needed way more coverage (thanks to Proactiv this is no longer an issue =D). I really like the coverage, feel, and luminancy of the TM. I think it gives a healthy glow as opposed to a greasy shine or 'hey look at me' sparkle. And the concealer gives great coverage that really doesn't settle into places you wouldn't want it to. The colors matched my pale skin perfectly. AND it lasts all day!! I have oily and dry places on my face, and this product seemed to actually even it all out. All in all, I am very satisfied with this purchase. Yes, it seems kinda pricey, but if it works this well I think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this as much as my beloved Mac Studio Moisture Tint, and that's saying a lot! I have tried many, many, MANY tinted moisturizers and this and Mac's are the very best for oily skinned ladies (IMO). I'm using this in the darkest shade "Sun Glow" and I'm about an NC35-40 for color reference. First, the TM...Love the shade because it's yellow based, and most darker skintones have a golden undertone. Also, very smooth and blendable, gives great coverage for a TM, and it's totally non-greasy on my oily skin (I would say the finish is matte). The fact that it has a physical only sunscreen is also a major plus for those sensitive to chemical s/s. And unlike other foundations/TMs with only physical s/s, this one is very cosmetically elegant! You only get 1 oz. of the TM, and I wish they gave u 1.7oz like most other TM's especially for the high price...Now on to the concealer, perfectly coordinates with the TM shade, very blendable, non cakey, opaque, and long lasting...one of the best concealers I've tried actually! The only cons are, the price, and that I will run out of the TM long before the concealer, making it very painful for me to justify another $35 when all I would need is the TM....that's my only real complaint! Would def. repurchase though!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by HeatherF22

I have been looking for something that would cover my redness on my cheeks and t-zone area and make my skin look flawless and I found it in this product. I love the concealer because it matches the tinted moisturizer perfectly and has full coverage. It is very hard for me to find a concealer that has staying power but this does. I think for the price it is a good deal because you get the tinted moisturizer and concealer in one which would cost you anywhere from $50 or more if you bought certain products in this category separately. The only reason I gave it four lippies is because I do find my face getting shiny but its also very hot here and I tend to sweat a lot when its 100 outside, go figure! If you are on the fence about trying this product just think, they used to sell it at sephora so its still high quality and I wouldnt really consider it a drug store brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by lizzycurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love how this looks and how easy it is. i'm using the darkest shade bc it compliments my tan so well. i have combo skin which is very dry on the cheeks and has recently bcome oily around my nose, and this being a TM i thought i would need some kind of powder, but i don't! i looks fresh all day, good staying power. i really love this, the concealer is good too. the onlyyyy problem is... i broke out on my chin last night and i just really hope it wasn't this. i've been using a different moisterizer at night and been experimenting with finding the right skincare regimen so i can't completely blame it on the TM. I will continiue using it unless i find out it really was this. :(

update: this isn't making me break out! yay! its that stupid skin food cream that everyone was swearing by that is NOT for your face. sorry had to let off some steam.. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by mcpollick

Liked the way it looked, broke me out in cystic acne....bummer! I think it may be the mineral component of this. My skin doesn't like the mineral makeup in general.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by anonymous88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

So far I think I like this product! I love how its 2 in 1... concealer plus TM. They match each other perfectly so it takes out any guesswork. The TM is NOT moisturizing. It actually dries out my oily skin. But my skin is way less oily than usual since I have been using it. It looks very pretty but in natural light it is quite sparkly. I don't really mind though. The concealer is great. It looks very natural and is easy to blend. My only big complaint so far is that if I have any dry patches, this stuff highlights it a bit. I like it overall though and no other product, powder or otherwise has made me less oily. It's 100 degrees everyday too! I just don't get it! but i like it! Also, its super expensive for makeup bought at target! Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by bjborsody

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am very impressed by this product. I bought the Bare Glow to wear under my SKII Air Brush Foundation because I need a little extra coverage and like the spf. Since I use a light dusting of powder over everything, I do not experience any excessive shine or sparkle. This wears very, very well because it is water resistant. The concealer is also top notch - I use it under my eyes with no problems. At fist I was concerned because it is a dryer, stick type concealer, but it does not sink into lines, cake or move. For the price . . . .well the tube is small, not certain how long it will last. I have a fear of running out of the TM before I run out of the concealer and then will end up slowly stockpiling empty tubes because I don't want to waste any of the concealer. Still, that is a small complaint on an otherwise great product.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by msbuggie

love love this tube.
It gave me better coverage than my Armani Beauty Designer Compact Foundation Jar.

The only odd part is the design of the cap. The clear plastic cap twist the same direction of the tub itself. I constantly ended up opening the whole tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by scjohnson

My skin does NOT like winter. It is really dry, and even with moisturizer, and even with exfoliating several times a week, has flakes daily. However, by the afternoon, my skin is oily AND dry (driest on my nose and forehead). Out of mild desperation, I decided to try a tinted moisturizer instead of my regular moisturizer-then-foundation routine. I bought this after reading positive reviews, and I am SO glad I did! I am very happy with this product, it provides just enough moisture without looking too 'dewey', and I am happy to report that my skin really likes it. The concealer is also surprisingly wonderful - I would purchase this again for the foundation alone, but the concealer is a GREAT bonus. Doesn't look too heavy, doesn't set in lines, and overall this product gives a nice, even skin tone with a slight glow. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by evakser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this Tinted Moisturizer. This is my second attempt at trying a TM, normally I use foundations, but I wanted to try something a little lighter... I originally bought Tarte’s Smooth Operator (sheer foundation), but I didn’t like it as it made me look dry and ruddy and didn’t cover anything at all on me. So I returned it and tried this TM in #2 Bare Glow.

I like that is a multi-purpose product in one tube! (moisturizer, light coverage foundation, sunscreen, and luminizer and concealer)

My feelings on the Tinted Moisturizer:
Nice coverage for a TM, goes on smooth, and covers up most of my redness (ruddiness) and yet looks natural.
Seems to stay on well, so far it does not melt off my face or nor does my face soak it up as it tends to do to some foundations.
Contains SPF 20.
Does not oxidize to a weird color on me.
Makes me look like I have nice skin.
Has some nice beneficial ingredients: Ginseng root extract, Ginkgo Biloba extract, Vitamin C, and Lysine

Not sure why some people are saying this is ‘full of shimmer’ or ‘glaring’. I don’t find this to be the case at all. It is illuminating, so I expect it to have some shimmer in it, but once it’s on my face and I finish my makeup routine, I don’t see anything too shimmery or glaring at all. I just see nice, dewy skin, not a glowing diso ball.
Maybe if you have oily skin this TM may not be for you, as you may not want to see ‘dewy’ skin. But for those with older or drier skin, this stuff is wonderful!

The Concealer:
This is a nice concealer, cream to powder, medium to full coverage. Covers well and it’s a nice bonus to have it with the tube. I have found this concealer goes on better when used just after moisturizing under the eyes. I prefer a peachier shade for concealing under my eyes, so I like Benefit’s Erase Paste more for this purpose. But this is a minor quibble, as I use it on the lighter parts of my face, along with some Boi-ing concealer and erase paste on the slightly darker parts.
The Concealer has some nice ingredients too:
Vitamin A, Aloe Vera, Vitamin E and Vitamin C.

All in all, this TM/Concealer is a nice product. A bit expensive for Target, though, but I do like it, it's multi-purpose, able to serve several purposes well, so I feels for that reason, it's worth the price. I will re-purchase as long as it’s still available, and as long as nothing significantly better comes along to tempt me! It's good stuff. :-)

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No