December 19, 2014 | 1475 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Double Fix

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by aastew

I have a terrible time keeping any mascara from running under my eyes. I touch up constantly, which, by the end the of the day, my makeup looks cakey under my eyes because of trying to cover up smudges from mascara. I tried this and I gave it 3 lippies. It isn't a miracle worker but it is the best I have tried. It still leaves a little bit of mascara under my eyes that I have to touch up, but works much, much better than any other product. It also dulls the rich black of your mascara. I will buy again because it is the best product I have found, but it isn't the perfect product.
UPDATE: I have to change my mind for the better on this product. It has tested fantastic in all kinds of climates and activities. I won't ever go w/o this product again. Best find ever!! Go purchase right away!!! You won't regret it and NO MORE RACCOON EYES!! I took off one lippie because it still does dull the rich black of your mascara--but it's definitely better than raccoon eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by houseofdanie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product changed my life. Well, my cosmetics life, at least. I have large, deep-set eyes that water like crazy sometimes, due to allergies. Also, the skin above and below my eyes tends toward the oily. This is the perfect recipe for smudged mascara. Most often, even the "smudge-proof" or "water-proof" versions of otherwise great mascaras find themselves all over my face. Not good.

I don't know why it took me so long to find this product. The minute I heard about it, tho, I jumped on the bandwagon. It isn't cheap, but I like having nice lashes, and I'm desperate.

It works! Diorshow normally runs very easily on me, and the waterproof version smudges after about an hour. Well, I applied the Mascara Fix today over it, and wore it in the rain, on my treadmill (yes, I got all sweaty), and in the very hot confines of my basement while doing laundry. No smudges! I've also tried it on top of Max Factor's 2000 Calorie and it worked like a charm there, too.

The tube is kind of an odd idea, but it's not a deal-breaker for me. Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by chitchatgo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The new version is called Double Fix, and supposedly you can use it on the brows too. I only use it on my mascara, and the product makes any mascara waterproof and smudgeproof. My biggest problem is having racoon eyes, and most of the time even waterproof, smudgeproof mascaras smudge on me. There are a lot of mascara out there that I would love to use if not for the smudging issue. Now, I don't have to compromise and just buy waterproof versions.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2008 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Kath218

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have never been able to find a mascara that doesn't smudge. I have tried every mascara on the market it seems. Finally, I tried this over several different mascaras and no more smudges! This is one of the best products I've ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by mrak

Wow, crazy product. The SA was telling me how I could even go swimming and my mascara wouldn't smudge. After using for about 2 weeks, I have no doubt this is true. I have to say that I love the concept. Everyone has a favorite mascara that works for them and Mascara Fix lets you turn your favorite mascara into waterproof, ultra-long wearing mascara. This stuff delivers. No smudges, flakes, etc. Having said that, Mascara Fix is insanely difficult to remove. I have to use Bifacil eye makeup remover (which is excellent), then DHC cleansing oil, THEN Purpose face wash to get all traces of mascara off. I'm worried that if I use this everyday my lash line would end up bald. Also, this has a tendency to sort of glue your lashes together into a couple of fat lash spikes if you are not super careful, I have to comb out my lashes before it sets. Having said that, this is a great product to wear when you know it is going to be a long day, to special events like a wedding, on drizzly/rainy days, etc. Definitely an item that should be part of your makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 12:13:00 PM More reviews by petit_ami

This product works almost too well! Every mascara smudges on me. Every single one, even the ones that are smudge proof and waterproof. With this product, I don't smudge at all. But it really hard to remove, I use Lancome's Bifacil and it seems to work but you must use cotton buds to get into the lashes. I use this on days when I know I have a long day at work or an event after work.

I don't think the packaging is great, everything clumps on the end of the brush where it meets the stem of the brush and the product will turn grey (even though I wait for my mascara to dry completely before I put this on).

Otherwise, this is an amazing product that I will continue to use and buy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2008 8:26:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

Maybe I'm using it wrong? It actually made my fave mascara more smudgy. I put it on after applying mark's Make It Big mascara, which for me is very reliable and smudgeproof, just not waterproof. My lashes looked thinner, less curled, less intense in colour, and I had smudges at the end of an uneventful day. Not impressed! Maybe the two just aren't meant to be together. Will update with other mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 2:20:00 AM More reviews by polyestergirl

I LOVE this product. I wear contact lenses, and have really oily or just smudge prone eye lids, no matter what mascara I wear, it will smudge under my eye giving me a lovely heavy bag look.

I use this with my Dior show, which usually needs touch ups many times throughout the day, and is so smudgy on me, but I love the lashes it gives me so I wear it still, this product kept my Dior show in place ALL DAY!!!

I wear a subtle napoleon mascara on other days whcich I also love, and It clarins mascara fix, holds the mascara on my lashes all day and gives it a pretty gloss. I now know I will never be without this product.

I just wack it on straight after my mascara I don't have time to wait for my mascara to dry first, and it works perfectly, and does not irritate my contacts, and actually helps as I am not constantly rubbing away stray mascara, and fiddling with my eyes to retouch. I really recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by bbBearBear

Like many others whatever waterproof mascara I use smudges on me. I was reluctant to spend extra $ (around $23 CDN).. makes me feel like never-ending spending frenzie. But I at last I surrendered and spent the $, however I am not 1 bit regret. 4 stars because it still smudges a bit, but this is the best solution at the current state (I applied on both upper & lower lashes!). A big pro besides smudge proof, is that it helps my lashes stay curled and up all day long! Usually they fall down in the middle of the day. I am using it to tam my long eye brows too! To prevent getting panda eyes, I find applying foundation and loose powder on eye lids and eye bags helps. Obviously because my eyelids do produce oil like rest of my skin, and the worst enemy of all mascaras is - OIL. I have no problem in removing it, because I use baby oil (best eye makeup remover ever!). Of course must use face wash afterwards. Give it a try if you can afford! Forget about spending $$$ on Lancome mascaras.. I tried hypnose waterproof and it smudges.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by glittershell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is a very great idea its a clear waterproofing coat to go over your mascara so you dont have to wear waterproof all the time. if you want it to really be waterproof for swimming you need to add a lot its pretty hard to get off though so i use vaseline wich works good.
update; wow i just used this as a base for my mascara and by lashes got so much longer this stuff is a great multitasker