Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

2.9

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2% Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyethylene, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Carrageenan (Chondrus Crispus) (Carrageenan), C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Disodium EDTA, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Polyquaternium 7, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Polysorbate 20, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Agar, Alumina, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Violet 2, Fragrance

For the first few days of use, I have to confess I loved this product! The smell is great, and it exfoliated nicely! However as I continued using it, I realized I was developing acne on my forehead! I had never had actual acne before, only the occasional spot/pimple! So I came on here and found out the same thing was happening to other people. I immediately stopped using it and my skin eventually went back to normal. I do NOT recommend this product.

on 5/24/2013 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This both dried my skin and made me break out. I normally have fairly clear skin but it was a mess for the few weeks I insisted on using this scrub, thinking I should give it a chance before I gave up on it. I will say that the smell is amazing! So great in fact, that I can't bring myself to throw the stuff out. Now I use it to wash my feet, so it manages to serve a purpose.

on 4/29/2013 5:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this scrub. It doesn't prevent breakouts and doesn't make my acne clear up faster. It reduces the redness of my acne and keeps breakouts from getting out of control.

I use this scrub once to twice a day and it rarely feels too drying, as long as I moisturize after. It smells absolutely AMAZING. I would jump ship for an acne scrub that actually clears up my acne, but until then I don't feel too bad about sticking with this product.

on 4/24/2013 3:14:00 AM

I was hesitant to try this, as I was not very impressed with the Grapefruit Foaming Cleanser a few years back. But my sister and mum recommended it, and I'm pleased I did. It has kept my skin looking good for a few months now, even better than the Olay cleanser I've been stuck on for at least 6 months. I don't find it too harsh for everyday use, even with the little scrubby beads. My skin always feels so smooth and looks bright and clear when I use this scrub. I ran out of my Olay cleanser I keep at my boyfriend's this morning, and on the way home I bought this to replace it. I am not a huge lover of grapefruit scents, but I like the results too much to really care about it.

on 4/20/2013 5:22:00 PM

I LOVE this product. I tend to get acne and whenever I forget to wash my face I do break out. but I use this everyday and you can literally see the difference! it gets rid of pimples very well and actually prevents them from popping up too! I have slightly more oily skin so I don't get this problem of rashes or bumps or a dried out face. so if you don't have skin that's too dry, I 100% recommend this product! Neutrogena is a reliable company. :)

on 3/29/2013 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used this face wash for years. I don't know what it is that keeps me coming back but every time I try something else (which is very seldom) I always hate it and use this again. It makes my skin feel so soft after washes and its not terribly drying. I can't say whether or not it helps with acne because I've used it for so long- maybe if I stopped using it my skin would break out pretty badly- and it usually does if i try a different product- but I do get small breakouts related to my monthly cycle. It also helps somewhat with oiliness- I am still slightly oily and use other products to help with that, but whenever I use other facial cleansers I am even more oily. Overall it is the best face wash I've encountered thus far!

on 3/26/2013 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I hate this product!!! I have read some other review on this product and have heard many people say the same thing that happened to me! I got a sand-papery rash on my chin and around my nose. TINY little bumps. The bumps SERIOUSLY itch and they are starting to peel and get really dry. I tried putting my cetaphil lotion on and it kind of made it sting. I want them to go away!! I noticed the bumps STARTED on my CHIN about 5 days ago. I think they might be going down but its hard to say. I guess if you have dry skin, DO NOT BUY IT. My face feels like a fish. Scaly. :(

on 3/25/2013 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I actually do not have oily skin, nor do I have acne. However, I am very drawn to this product.
This is a foaming scrub with microexfoliating beads in it. You squeeze a little out of the tube into your hand, add water, and rub between your palms, then you massage into your face. I'm not sure how it works for acne, like I said, but I think this is a great daily exfoliant. It smells nice, and is gentle enough on the skin.

on 2/25/2013 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

terrible product....dried my face out so bad....i am using it as a foot scrub to not waste money since i can't return it...at least the pink grapefruit smell is nice when used on the feet...do not buy, this strips your faces natural oils...way too harsh!

on 2/25/2013 4:06:00 PM

this was discusting really terrible product. i have the occational oily skin and used this wen i had oily skin ( as some claim to say that it reacts bad to only dry skin people) it left my skin red and this gave me pimples. i v also tryed a neutrogena foundation, HORRIBLE. therefore not purchasing anything from that line again, aveeno or others brands are much better.

Popular Scrubs