August 22, 2014 | 1101 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Eye Kabuki Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 5:00:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

EDM really need to rename this brush the Kabuki Allrounder because it really does everything.

This is my favourite brush from EDM. Fantastic quality and a reasonable price, my brush hasn't shed and washes well.

This brush is great for concealing, contouring and blending.

Although a little large for the eye area when it comes to blending two or three colours it adds a great wash of colour when I don't have the time to be creative.

The first day I used this brush I went back and ordered three more.

Good stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by AsiaChick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This brush is so versatile for me that I've already obtained three of them, and I just found out about Everyday Minerals last month! They work so well at applying and blending out my highlighting and color/neutral shadows in just the fraction of the time it took me to do before. And I LOVE the results so much. It's really easy to go for a more natural everyday look using these brushes. I've never had my e/s so well blended before. It's really easy to over do it with makeup on me. I don't need as much makeup as a lot of others do for anything to show up, so these are perfect for me. But if you're looking to pack the color on, I found that I could do that too. I just dabbed the e/s on with these brushes and blended the edges.

And as some of the other reviewers have said, you can use these brushes for applying/buffing in/blending concealer. I never was much for using concealer before, but I thought I'd try one of EDM's concealers (multi-intensive) under the eyes using one of these brushes. To say the least, I was very impressed. I wasn't expecting the results to be that good. The areas under my eyes were brightened up without looking obvious at all. The apparent look of having concealer on others made me shy away from it before. Also, using these eye kabuki brushes are just as amazing used for spot concealment with any of the EDM foundations I'm using. These brushes are so great that I don't think I can write a review that'll do em justice. But you can count on me buying a bunch more!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Fantastic brush. Very good quality with quite dense and extremely soft bristles. This works well for all manner of small powder jobs, not just those confined to the eyes. I use this to apply powder concealer and eyeshadow around my eyes, on my eyelids, around my nose - anywhere on my face really. I also use it for highlighter and even blush when I'm lazy. A very small criticism is that the glossy varnish on the handle can look a bit cheap, but this really isn't an issue considering the price. This is a great value for money, good quality, and eco/animal friendly, which I think makes it superior to most high end brushes. I wish EM would make more brushes modelled along some of the popular HE ones, then I would swap over everything I'm currently using.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 8:19:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good shape for for either applying powder highlight/contour down the nose, or powder concealers to the under eye area. I don't like it with liquid or creams though, as the bristles are too soft and make it go on too thick and cakey, and it gunks up the bristles and has to be washed after just one use.

The only problem I have with the eye kabuki brushes is that they are harder to clean and take longer to dry than my natural hair brushes, and over time the bristles go a bit greasy and clump together. This has only happened with my Everyday Minerals brushes. I like it but wouldn't buy again. If I needed another such brush I would choose either a natural haired brush for powders, or Real Techniques for liquids and creams.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by bfly36

When I went to MAC and tried the concealer, the girl used a Fluffy brush and the coverage was beautiful and not cakey, I'm 37 and starting to get some fine lines around the eyes. Anyway, I couldn't afford there brush. I just wanted to try this brush for the concealer, I had seen reviews saying it was too big for eyeshadows. I decided to give it a try for the concealer. It works wonders. It is very soft and dense and gets the concealer on great without leaving it looking cakey or messy. I love this brush.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by kanggg

I use this brush for concealing and it works pretty well. It's dense and like the other EDM brushes, it does not shed. Overall, a pretty good buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by philosophin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm still not quite sure about how I feel about this brush. If you just want a wash of eyeshadow on and above your lids it's great. Using it to apply undereye concealer is a little iffy because it's so big you can't really finesse it at all, and I think finessing is a good thing to do for that area. I'd prefer for it not to cover immediately below the lower lids because it settles in lines. With a brush this big that's a little hard to accomplish. Nevertheless, I use it everyday to apply my undereye concealer because it's such an easy and quick application. It's worthless for zits, don't bother trying it just for that. Hope this review helps someone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by lalalie_xoxo

As many have said before me, this brush is great for concealer but I do love using it with just simple washes of colour for everyday looks because it feels so nice on the skin and gives such an even distribution of colour. I've also tried using this with a liquid concealer and it works well with that, too. Great brush for such a cheap price, especially if you order it with one of the kits!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Jimeezgirl

As most reviewers have already said, this is too large for your eyes unless you are just using it for a wash of color. However, I LOVE this for concealor. I honestly cannot believe I went so long without this! It is very soft, dense, and seems well made. I especially like that it is synthetic and has a bamboo handle.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by aegirl12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this eye kabuki for concealing, and omgosh it is the best concealer brush I've ever used especially for my under eye circles. Since the brush is dense I can cover blemishes and under eye circles in seconds its great...loveeeeee it!